Walter gave his managerial Cup winners medal to Ally

Somehow I missed this and didnt see it here on the board. I wasnt aware of this amid the wild celebrations at the time <cr>

Apologies if this is old news.

Nice gesture by Walter.

McCoist, to whom Walter Smith handed over his managerial winner’s medal at Hampden Park in recognition of his role in winning the cup, savoured the triumph while touching on Rangers’ uncertain future.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/foo...icle6402158.ece

I wish he'd let Ally pick the CIS Cup Final side! :pipe:

Funnily enough, we all moan about the possibility of McCoist being our manager yet he seems to have won every single cup game that he's taken control of.

Funnily enough, we all moan about the possibility of McCoist being our manager yet he seems to have won every single cup game that he's taken control of.

:pipe: fair shout

:lol: aye, maybe he should have.

And I agree, Ally seems to have brought the luck he had as a player to his "managing". The man was amazing at miss hitting shots and stuff, and, they STILL went in haha, seems to have the same touch with the team, can only be a good thing

I don't.

I don't.

You knew exactly what I meant, Mr Pernickety ;)

I don't.

Neither do I.

Nice touch by Walter though and well deserved.

I don't.

Neither do I.

Nice touch by Walter though and well deserved.

As above :pipe:

That gesture just sums up what we all knew about Walter: whatever his positives or negatives as a gaffer, whether we agree with him or moan about his decisions, there is no question that he is one of life's good guys - a man of integrity, dignity, and humility. You coudn't find a better man to represent this club (and Davie Weir is cut from that same honest cloth).

Well done, Mr. Smith. :clap:

I don't.

Oh FFS get your own opinions and stop copying mine!! :pipe:

(at least i didnt call you a cunt haha)

I look forward to the day Ally takes over, have done since he came back

I don't.

I had wee doubts at first but he has shown he can pick a side that gets results. I dont doubt either that Ally can handle any player on general day-to-day stuff or disciplinary issues should they arise.

Plus his passion for Rangers is clear.

If anything he celebrates goals and wins now as enthusiastically as he ever did as a player!!

I don't.

I had wee doubts at first but he has shown he can pick a side that gets results. I dont doubt either that Ally can handle any player on general day-to-day stuff or disciplinary issues should they arise.

If anything he celebrates goals and wins now as enthusiastically as he ever did as a player!!

I agree mate, he has his fun side, but, I think, his feelings for the club are such, that he would fuck you up if he thought you were hurting it, and, especially if you werent performing.

The other thing is, the man is a winner. In whatever he does, so, thats a vital component to me. When you are used to winning, you take losing badly, and, avoid it happening. Some of these "good" managers in England, have never won anything, and, that doesnt fill me with confidence

I agree mate, he has his fun side, but, I think, his feelings for the club are such, that he would fuck you up if he thought you were hurting it, and, especially if you werent performing.

The other thing is, the man is a winner. In whatever he does, so, thats a vital component to me. When you are used to winning, you take losing badly, and, avoid it happening. Some of these "good" managers in England, have never won anything, and, that doesnt fill me with confidence

Good point. They might well be decent managers but they have never won anything. So playing well, getting plaudits for finishing mid-table EPL isnt what we should even consider. Winning brings a hunger for more and McCoist has it.

The main worry i have if Coisty ever becomes our manager is if it goes badly for him. I cant imagine witnessing the fans turning on McCoist, it would be dreadful. He was my hero when i was young and seeing him taking the abuse thats aimed at Walter at times would be hard to take.

The main worry i have if Coisty ever becomes our manager is if it goes badly for him. I cant imagine witnessing the fans turning on McCoist, it would be dreadful. He was my hero when i was young and seeing him taking the abuse thats aimed at Walter at times would be hard to take.

I think hes big enough to handle it and it probably will happen at some stage. All managers get it, even the best of them.