Call of Juarez: Bound In Blood

barkie

Anyone getting this for the ps3, 360 or PC ?

might check it out

here is the multiplayer info and some map info.

Multiplayer Game Modes

Wanted (2 to 12 players):

One player is « Wanted ». Only he can score. Kill him to become the « Wanted ».

Shootout (2 to 12 players):

Kill the other players to increase your bounty. Highest bounty wins the game. As a wise hunter you should “select and choose” the most valuable target. Every time I kill another player, I am rewarded of his bounty value. At the same time, my own bounty value is raising (Bounty Hunter system available for all the Modes).

Posse (2 to 12 players):

Kill enemies to score points for your team. Team with the highest score wins. Coordinate your moves with the rest of your team to win this battle.

Wild West legends (2 to 12 players):

Objective-based game mode; Recreating wild west famous events such as the shootout at OK Corral, the capture of Billy the Kid or the robbery of the Dalton Brothers in Coffeyville. Each scenario is based on a story divided into objectives, which one team struggles to complete, while the other team tries to prevent it and survive a given time limit.

Manhunt (2 to 12 players):

One player is « Wanted ». His team must protect him to score. Whether you attack or defend, the key character in the “Wanted” player. There are two teams and one Wanted – the top player in one of the teams. If he survives for 60 seconds, its team scores. When he’s killed, a new Wanted in the opposing team is assigned.

Multiplayer Maps

Burnside’s Bridge:

Sharpsburg, Maryland. The scene takes place in the forest. Trenches and cannons are here to defend the bridge over a forest river bed. Burnside's Bridge played a key role in the Antietam Battle of the American Civil War. Attacking Union soldiers' must charge across the open field to enemy trenches and destroy the explosive stores. Then they'll rush up the hill for the fortifications, and silence the long range field artillery.

Coffeyville

Coffeyville, Kansas. A Wild West Legends reconstruction of a robbery during which the Dalton gang fell, located in Coffeyville, Kansas, on October 5, 1892. Outlaws start with the robbery of First National Bank. Second objective is C.M. Condon & Company's Bank. In the end they have to destroy a barricade preventing their escape. Once they manage to do this, game ends.

Frisco

Frisco, New Mexico. A Wild West Legends reconstruction of a shootout that took place in Frisco, New Mexico, on December 1st, 1884, in which Elfego Baca defended himself against about eighty oppressors. Outlaws start with breaching town gates. Once inside, they head for the inner part, locked out as well. Once done with the second gates, they rush for final target house. Once it’s breached, the game is over.

Magnificent

Wild West Legends level inspired by movies. Calvera's band of outlaws has been terrorizing poor people of Mexico for a long time. But this time, the village is defended by hired gunmen. Outlaws will try to rob local shops, then they'll pillage the Canteen. They won't even hesitate to steal from local church.

Nogales

A reconstruction of bank robbery attempted by the High Fives gang in city of Nogales, Arizona, on August 6, 1895. Outlaws first breach the local bank, make their way to cash vault on open a safe therein. Next they capture stables, from where they escape on stolen horses into Skeleton canyon, which makes for a safe getaway route.

Stinking springs

A reconstruction of Stinking Springs Raid on December 23, 1880 - during which Billy the Kid was captured by Pat Garret and his posse. Attacking lawmen have to take a route around the central lake, since the bridge is destroyed. First point of opposition is an old hut. Once it’s taken over, lawmen move onward to make their way to the other side of the river flowing into lake through an abandoned mill. Once that’s done, way to the hideout is wide open. When it falls, the game is over.

Taos Pueblo

Quite big Mexican town level. Designed mainly for Team Wanted. In Wild West Legends, fighting for their independence, Texans started an uprising in Taos. hey will first try to capture gun cache hidden in adobe housings. Then they must break open the town jail and neutralize enemy forces defending in the church

Tombstone

A Wild West Legends level based on best known event of old west – a gunfight that took place at O.K. Corral in the town of Tombstone, Arizona, on October 26, 1881. Lawmen move in, heading for gun shop. When it is destroyed, next target is weapon cache in local saloon. Last objective is the O.K. Corral (inspired by movies).

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's out today in the USA and so far it's getting good reviews on various sites, single and multiplayer is getting good reviews.

I was going to get Ghostbusters but that can wait, will get this on Friday.

Like jelle said, Call of Juarez was vastly underrated. I'm sure alot of you here don't even realize this is the second one to come out.

I enjoyed the single player storyline as much as HL 2

review from the ps3 official forum by a member, will be getting it later today.

Single player

The first act is great. Some good set pieces and the same style as CoD with the fairly open maps and still a set path for you to take. The acting in the game is great and the story seems very well written. Gunplay is perfect. Enemies die with one shot to the chest from a rifle and one shot if you hit the head with any weapon. You can slow time in a concentration mode which is cool, but I would like the concentration mode to be a bit more difficult. When you slow time, all you have to do is move your crossair over an enemy and he will be marked where you touched him. You can just speed back and forth between enemies without really aiming and they will be painted dead red and when you exit concentration mode you shoot at the spots marked. It looks cool, but I don't use it that much because I like having more control. But aiming is tight and the controls are great. I think they're a bit slow in terms of turning speed, but I play CoD on a sensitivity of 7, so others may not think so. They are faster than KZ2 and FC2 anyway and I can aim very accurately just like in CoD. Duels are amazing, like ripped out of a "Once upon a time in the west".

Online play

Game modes:

First game was a round of regular deathmatch. I really like how players on kill streaks give you more cash - adds a great feeling to the game when you finally nail that ba**ard killing you 5 times in a row. And money wins games, not number of kills.

Second game was the legends mode where one side has to protect a spot and the other team has to set dynamite and blow it up. When one place is blown up the defenders need to defend a new spot. This continues until the lawmen have blown up the last base or time runs out. Defenders can defuse the dynamite of course. I really like this mode and I have been playing that for the last couple of hours.

Classes:

There are 13 classes I believe and 5 are unlocked from the start. There are all kinds of combinations you would want from a shooter. The indian is quite cool with his stealthy bow. The balance is absolutely brilliant. Snipers won't rule maps like they do in some games and neither will the close quarters classes. But I'll get around to that when writing a bit about general gameplay and shooting mechanics. You earn money and when you get enough you can buy a new class. I don't know if you unlock the classes in a specific order or if you can pick whatever you want, because I haven't got enough money to buy a new class yet. In each round you can also upgrade your classes to make them a bit faster or give them more health. it's a very SLIGHT bonus, but I found out that the extra health seems to give an advantage against shotguns at a distance, but other than that I didn't notice much difference. When a new round begins all upgrades are reset. I kinda like this way of doing it. The game doesn't have any create a class functions like CoD, but I think that's good, because the classes are balanced very well. I do find the bow hard to use, but when you do hit it's usually one shot kills.

Gameplay and shooting mechanics:

The controls are great as I wrote earlier. The game has auto aim and sticky aim that you can switch off if you want. When I saw this I was turned a bit off the game, because I HATE autoaim. But it turned out that the aim assist is MUCH less that CoD. I haven't really noticed any difference in online play, so perhaps it's just an oversight that the option is visible in online options.

The weapons are deadly accurate. If you miss by a pixel, then you won't hit your target and spraying and praying when closer up will get you killed if your opponent aims at your chest and lands two pistol bullets. When using iron sights you still get a regular white cross hair, which I find a bit lame... but it's a minor thing and I guess with the precision of the guns iron sights wouldn't be accurate enough. I like the weapon sounds and when you shoot there is a smoke trail where the bullet goes. Looks great and is a good way to find your attacker when the game doesn't have a radar like CoD. It's not a very visible smoke trail, but if you know someone is shooting it can help you find him. There is also a shot direction indicator that lights up on your screen wether you get hit or not.

The damage model is spot on. One shot to the head with any weapon kills. One shot to the upper chest with winchester rifles (fastest rifles). Two shots to the upper chest with a pistol. Shots to the arms and legs is quite the opposite and it's really worth aiming for the body, because it's hard to kill someone with shots to the limbs.

Hit detection is perfect. I tried hosting and then joining a server with two yellow bars (1-4 like in CoD). Hit detection was perfect and with a full server there was no lag.

There can only be 12 players in a game and while that may not be good for OnR I do believe it's good for the game. I have always enjoyed CoD 6vs6 the most and have played that exclusively online against the unwashed. While the maps are bigger than in CoD, the action is a bit more tense. The game is unforgivingly hardcore and hoping for lucky shots is a lost cause. It feels somewhat like a mix between SOCOM and CoD in a western setting. You can run and gun as a gunslinger, but it feels a bit more tactical and slow paced, compared to CoD... but not quite as slow as SOCOM.

Voice comms seem perfect. I have only met one other player with a headset so far, but the sound was loud and clear. It's an open mic system and you can only talk to your team or everyone if it's FFA.

Graphics

The graphics are good. Not as good as CoD in some aread and then again some of the western town just look truly great. The animations seem accurate in terms of looking like a real person running and walking, but they are not exagerated like in most games, which makes them look a bit stiff. When you get shot, you fall convincingly and the use of rag dols is very controlled. I love when you shoot someone running how they fall very realisticly and don't tumble too much about like some games with a high degree of rag doll effects. Explosions look very good too. I don't have anything else to say about graphics, because gameplay is number one for me. But I like the realistic look of the graphics.

If you're a shooter fan you should NOT miss this one. In terms of gameplay offline and online, single player story and graphics, Call of Juarez rivals my all time favorite CoD: MW.

Absolutely loved the original game, got this one on pre-order as soon as I heard about it, which was only a couple of weeks ago tbh.

It's a very good game so far, pretty good graphics but it's utterly relentless. If you like to do a chunk of your game, then savour a bit of an 'interlude' in it, you've come to the wrong place. This is full on, constant and it's very rare that you have any time to breathe.

Bit of a shame in a sense as there are some nice graphics to coo over and the story is again well conceived - but you hardly get any time to really 'take it all in'.

Like jelle said, Call of Juarez was vastly underrated. I'm sure alot of you here don't even realize this is the second one to come out.

I enjoyed the single player storyline as much as HL 2

Also remember this game is not a sequel, it's a prequel with a younger Rev Ray.

Got a lot further now and I've come to a bit where things finally slow down:

You can choose to 'explore the neighbourhood' and even do some jobs for folk, or you can continue on with the main mission whenever you like