Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My mum used to hand wash and use a hand wringer - ah the bygone days! Unlike you she has moved on - only the real diehards still hand wash everything. Sometimes you have just got to let it go!

Happy fishing!

As usual its those of us on the left or who are liberals who are to blame for it all. Yes its our fault that Rangers are always in trouble even those who have no problems with the protestant thing. I think that maybe its time to give up and go home ans they say cos i'll never be accepted as a ger :(

My mum used to hand wash and use a hand wringer - ah the bygone days! Unlike you she has moved on - only the real diehards still hand wash everything. Sometimes you have just got to let it go!

Happy fishing!

Never be ashamed of what we are. :)

Some folk just don't understand the concept of internet fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

We won a European cup for singing ? :unsure:

Now that's fishing.

Aye, The Sash won the 1972 Eurovision, did you not know that?

Now that's fishing.

The old Ibrox choir was fantastic when in full voice, but sad to say the glory hunters who latched on to our club have killed it. :)

Excellent post Minstral, I wholeheartedly agree. We should never let go of our great traditions and what we hold dear to our hearts.

I would love to go to the church service at Ibrox after the Sunday Parade as we did as a family years ago.

Aye the Sash knocked Cliff into second place that year!! :craphead:

Now that's fishing.

I Do now (tu)

Wouldn't mind hearin the Sash played over the tannoy system at Ibrox much like the Tims do with their O'Irish piss. It's not going to happen though and, to be honest, the sooner everyone realises it the better.

Most rangers fans at ibrox barely sing traditional Rangers songs like Follow, Follow during a game

Now that's fishing.

The old Ibrox choir was fantastic when in full voice, but sad to say the glory hunters who latched on to our club have killed it. :)

I bet it was (tu) wish i was old enough to have been there its awfully quiet these days

As much as I'd love to see songs like The Sash and TBB back, I'd take them slipping out of tradition in exchange for the whole of Ibrox singing as it once did. Near enough 50,000 belting out any Gers song was enough to scare most teams. FT silent masses at games.

Now that's fishing

LOL and Manti goes fishing with hidden bait! ) I have highlighted the lure above.

Happy fishing!

Never be ashamed of what we are. :)

You are right of course - I am never ashamed of what I am! :party:

Now that's fishing.

:uk:

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

If you are that proud of being a protestant...just go to church...That is where the real meaning of being a protestant is. Maybe everyone who claims this great protestant badge should go there every Sunday and it will mean something more. I go to church every Sunday and there is no one there. Being a protestant is a part of the Christian faith not a football top.

I love Your Post's You always come out with these randum Brilliant Post's. Now & Then (tu) And I would love to see this. I know people who used to go to Ibrox when this Happened. And if it started again,It would be more Enjoyable In A rainy Cold day for people,Instead of Listening to George Bowie Talking Shite At Half time. And I think This would sell more seats for the Club. Ibrox sells out most weeks. But I think it would Always Sell out if this Happened. And Could You Imagine the flutes,and Drums,And us Cancelling out the tims.

If you are that proud of being a protestant...just go to church...That is where the real meaning of being a protestant is. Maybe everyone who claims this great protestant badge should go there every Sunday and it will mean something more. I go to church every Sunday and there is no one there. Being a protestant is a part of the Christian faith not a football top.

I think there's credence in this.

Martin Luther would disagree with both of you.

You're right in that minstral seems to be rather abusing both protestantism and the club by insisting on mixing them in some strange union of worship which would clearly go over the heads of the majority in the stadium and frankly would be the wrong place to engage in such a thing.

However, the real meaning of being a protestant is not going to church - it's just the pure love of God without institutional worship or congregational alliance - that's all Martin Luther ever wanted, and it was why he made the reformation happen. Why do you need a building full of people to worship God? That's one of the things Luther protested (protestant) against.