Rangers tracking Le Havre striker Amadou Alassane

http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2510

Reports in France this morning claim that Le Havre striker Amadou Alassane is being tracked by SPL champions Rangers.

Alassane, 26, has been linked with Premier League side Hull City and is certain to leave Le Havre after they were relegated to Ligue 2 last season. Despite finishing bottom of the top French division Alassane impressed, scoring 10 goals in 32 games.

The 6.3ft striker can also play on the left or right as an attacking midfielder as well as behind the striker. Due to Le Havre’s situation he could move to Ibrox for as little as two million euros.

Alassane has spent his whole professional career at Le Havre but broke into the world of professional football quite late. He played until the age of 23 for AM Neiges in the amateur French league.

IMScouting’s network of scouts in France describe Alassane as a "clever striker with great footwork, he can be very effective and was one of the revelations of Ligue 1 in 2008/2009. Although he is very tall, Alassane is very fast and technical."

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's actually a decent player.

We do need a powerful, tall striker for the CL, especially away games.

Done as well as he could in a struggling Le Havre team, but he's definitely been a late developer.

I'd get in there before any Premiership or Ligue 1 sides decide on snapping him up.

Alassane is a good player who has explosive pace, and a very good football brain. He had a terrific season last season in Ligue 1.

His best position IMO, is playing on the left of a front three (was linked with Lyon at Christmas time). He's two footed, very direct, likes to cut inside and strike a ball. He sometimes tries to be a bit fancy but that's not much of a problem. Unlike Lafferty, he's good in the air, and at 6ft 3 or whatever he is, is a bit of a handful at set pieces.

I also see we are linked with him on L'Equipe - http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/...ux-rangers.html

Pretty much the type of signings we should be making; good player, offers something different, not expensive, good age, now playing in a lower league (Ligue 2)....

I'm interested to see if there is anything in this, as I think he'd be a good signing, and one who would warm to the supporters.

Guest therabbitt
I'd get in there before any Premiership or Ligue 1 sides decide on snapping him up.

Alassane is a good player who has explosive pace, and a very good football brain. He had a terrific season last season in Ligue 1.

His best position IMO, is playing on the left of a front three (was linked with Lyon at Christmas time). He's two footed, very direct, likes to cut inside and strike a ball. He sometimes tries to be a bit fancy but that's not much of a problem. Unlike Lafferty, he's good in the air, and at 6ft 3 or whatever he is, is a bit of a handful at set pieces.

I also see we are linked with him on L'Equipe - http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2009/...ux-rangers.html

Pretty much the type of signings we should be making; good player, offers something different, not expensive, good age, now playing in a lower league (Ligue 2)....

I'm interested to see if there is anything in this, as I think he'd be a good signing, and one who would warm to the supporters.

Muff :praise:

Imagine this in the CL,

__________________McGregor__________________

Whittaker_____Weir__________Boughy_________Sasa

________Davis_______Mendes_________Thommo_____

Alassane______________Boyd_________________Miller

:drool: :drool: :drool:

Do you see wattie playing three up front in europe?

No, but I see us playing 4-2-3-1/4-5-1/4-1-4-1, and with the right personnel, it can change into a 4-3-3.

where are we goin to get 2million from

2m euros, or £1.7m; Hemdani, Dailly off the wage bill, Adam aswell along with the £500k for him, more to follow....along with the transfer budget set aside.

Imagine this in the CL,

__________________Alexander__________________

Whittaker_____Willson__________Boughy_________Sasa

________novo_______Davis_________Thommo_____

Alassane______________Boyd_________________Fleck

that would be my team Davis plays better in the middle

Rangers are ready rival Hull City in pursuit of French striker Amadou Alassane.

The 26-year-old is set for a summer move after his club Le Havre were relegated and he has plenty of suitors after scoring 10 goals in 32 games for the abject team last season.

The 6ft 3in versatile striker can also play on the left or right or in a supporting role and could be on the market for £1.7million.

Hull are looking for new firepower after their waning form at the end of last season, but a move for Fulham striker Bobby Zamora could indicate a cooling of interest in Alassane.

But Scottish champions Rangers have entered the race, according to reports in France.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...u-Alassane.html

Imagine this in the CL,

doh

Novo at CM?

Imagine this in the CL,

No chance

Wattie doesn't rate Boyd and Fleck is not a left winger for christ sake.

Novo is a bench player at best and Weir will be replaced by a new centre half..

Alassane is another big Cousin

If it is a straight race between Rangers and Hull City in terms of a transfer fee and wages then there will only be one winner.

But Hull will never have the CL and won't be challenging for titles. It's up to the player to see how ambitious he is.