Do you think Mowbray and Fortune are a threat to us?

I think we have the better squad. Our midfield is very strong and look at the experiance. Davis, Mendes, Edu, Thompson and possibly Ferguson? Plenty of experiance and good quality as well.

What i'd be looking for a pacey winger and a back up CB. I think Boyd and Miller as forward's is good enough. Just need to supply the service to both and they will get goals.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NO,

like Mark Hateley said if Tony Mowberry is as succsessful as a manager at celtic as he was as a player then Rangers

have nothing to worry about. FACT as he WON HEE HAW

and for fortune 5 goals in half a season lol give me a break.

5 goals in the Premiership, 4 assists playing in a team completely out of their depths. Not a bad return at all, especially when you compare his stats to some of the so-called superstars, or bigger earners.

How many goals did Kenny Miller, and Kyle Lafferty score in the mighty SPL, in a whole season - 14 between them?

Again, not out and out goalscorers; their game is not about scoring, just like Fortune isn't. It would be a bit stupid to right celtc and their players off right now.

NO,

like Mark Hateley said if Tony Mowberry is as succsessful as a manager at celtic as he was as a player then Rangers

5 goals in the Premiership, 4 assists playing in a team completely out of their depths. Not a bad return at all, especially when you compare his stats to some of the so-called superstars, or bigger earners.

How many goals did Kenny Miller, and Kyle Lafferty score in the mighty SPL, in a whole season - 14 between them?

Again, not out and out goalscorers; their game is not about scoring, just like Fortune isn't. It would be a bit stupid to right celtc and their players off right now.

Fortune is only HALF-decent and AVERAGE when playing in good leagues.....which means he will prolly be "outstanding" in Scotland :( . I think some of us forget how pish this league of ours actually is. Whoever beats the diddy teams more wins this league. its THAT simple. I dont believe in writing off our opposition, "know them and understand them and you can defeat them." the words of Saladin which ring true.

I think we really do have to strengthen though and that nothing to do with what Celtic do, but what we AS CHAMPIONS must do.

If his defence consists of Naylor, McManus, Loovens, Caldwell and/or Hinkel, I don't worry TOO much.

He's hardly a coacher of good defences, never mind a defence that includes the diddies above.

NO,

Fortune is only HALF-decent and AVERAGE when playing in good leagues.....which means he will prolly be "outstanding" in Scotland :( . I think some of us forget how pish this league of ours actually is. Whoever beats the diddy teams more wins this league. its THAT simple. I dont believe in writing off our opposition, "know them and understand them and you can defeat them." the words of Saladin which ring true.

I think we really do have to strengthen though and that nothing to do with what Celtic do, but what we AS CHAMPIONS must do.

All we can do is wait & see, but I'd expect Fortune to hit the ground running & net quite a few goals initially (as he'll do what most players do and try to impress), only to fade a bit & only score 15 to 18 goals for the season.

It's probably been said thousands of times now, but we really could do with another quality center back, as Weir's pace & distribution isn't good enough. If we sort that out, I could see us winning the league before the split or at least only needing 1 or 2 wins after the split.

NO,

i agree with you 100%.

we simply cannot underestimate timmy especially a wounded timmy.

as for the 'but he only scored 5 goals in the premiership' FFS what does that count for?

5 goals in what? 19 games playing for the diddy team propping up the premiership that is infact a decent return considering £31m berbatov playing for the champions scored 9 in 31 games?

but heres hoping it will be another expensive 'dud' in the graveson/donut ati mould.

If his defence consists of Naylor, McManus, Loovens, Caldwell and/or Hinkel, I don't worry TOO much.

He's hardly a coacher of good defences, never mind a defence that includes the diddies above.

Thta's where I'm at.

Unless he does somthing drastic with that defence then I see us retaining the title.

They are woefully bad at the back and Mowbary doesn't know what that side of the pitch looks like.

i do not think it will improve them that much, but then again will we be making any signings to move forward from last season...probably not

Going by Mowbray's man management and brilliant managerial record so far, the signing of the next Pele in Fortune and the fact they hammered the world famous Brisbane Roar...they're a cert to win the SPL and the Champions League this year.

took the words right out my mouth

I think we also have to remember that Fortune and Mowbray came from West Brom; playing in the Old Firm where the fans are going to be demanding a win every week is totally different than attempting to avoid relegation.

i do not think it will improve them that much, but then again will we be making any signings to move forward from last season...probably not

guarantee you 2(possibly 3) signings will be brought in

i hope so, genuine quality...probably not :(

I think we also have to remember that Fortune and Mowbray came from West Brom; playing in the Old Firm where the fans are going to be demanding a win every week is totally different than attempting to avoid relegation.

will take fortune the season to settle in and realise just what its all about dont forget hes got a whole new tactic to learn and thats diving around the box and in it

They will play fancy attractive football but we will pump them. We will stodge them out of a game and nick results. We have a team that has the experience of winning a title. That goes a long way. We will win the league again...

guarantee you 2(possibly 3) signings will be brought in

i hope so, genuine quality...probably not :(

don't believe me if you want. I have it on VERY good authority that we will make at least 2 signings. They will be in August tho...(tu)

So Celtics main weakness is at the back where Strachan refused to drop his ridiculous zonal marking system at set pieces and they go out and get a manager like Mowbray? A tactician was needed not some clown that thinks West Brom can play the Barcelona way and win. Also he has said that Killen has a future so I'm pure shitting myself.

Their defence was that bad, they only let in 5 more than us. They failed to score goals, yet still scored more than us. They kept the same number of clean sheets as us aswell. In the end, we won the league, and that's all that matters, but a few tweeks here, and there, and they'll be a much better side.

They are not as bad as some think they are, just like we are not as good as some make us out to be.

Their defence was that bad, they only let in 5 more than us. They failed to score goals, yet still scored more than us. They kept the same number of clean sheets as us aswell. In the end, we won the league, and that's all that matters, but a few tweeks here, and there, and they'll be a much better side.

They are not as bad as some think they are, just like we are not as good as some make us out to be.

One league win can make people exaggerate to the extreme.

IMO, it's papered over the cracks.

You now have people who were calling Walter Smith all the names under the sun, for the last two seasons, thinking he's the best thing since sliced bread.

Unless we get the rubbish out, and the quality in, then we'll struggle next season. We have quite a few players who are inconsistant, and injury prone!