John Hartson Diagnosed with Cancer

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sounding good for the big man. Due to recent experience i know once it is spread that far it is

usually a matter of time.

Hopefully he can beat the odds.

Thoughts and prayers with him and his family.

My thoughts are with him & his family at this terrible time.

Not looking good for the big chap at all, and i wouldn't wish that on anyone, just for playing for our rivals.

All the best Big John and lets hope he does a Lance Armstrong and pulls through this.

Yeah it seems like there is a good chance he won't last until the start of the new season. If that is so there will probably be a minutes silence at every ground on week 1 and i hope the rest of the gers fans at ibrox feel the same way as everyone on RangersMedia and respect the minute.

I guess that depends how long he lasts.

Problem is we will then get into the silence/ applause debate.

Personally I would not consider applauding because a 34 year old man has died of cancer.

I'm with you on that one, it just wouldn't be right.

He was brain dead anyway :pipe:

Nah all jokes aside don't wish that on anyone. Terrible news.

Thats not even mildly funny.

But for a twist of fate, he would have been one of us and if he showed even half the passion playing for us that he did for them, he would have been an idol to us.

All the very best big guy.

gallery_48233_99_5888.jpg

When you see him so healthy there you see how quickly life can fall appart ... apparently he is undergoing surgery right now and we can only wish him well

Yeah it seems like there is a good chance he won't last until the start of the new season. If that is so there will probably be a minutes silence at every ground on week 1 and i hope the rest of the gers fans at ibrox feel the same way as everyone on RangersMedia and respect the minute.

Personally I would not consider applauding because a 34 year old man has died of cancer.

Also.

It'd be a slap in the face for those connected with our own club who have suffered the same fate.

Jade Goody's cancer was laughed at and mocked on here yet anyone who laughs or mocks "Big John's," will be removed. What is the difference? I truly hope he does pull through yet I don't see why people are being threatened with a ban when Jade Goody's cancer and death was all a big joke.

Also.

It'd be a slap in the face for those connected with our own club who have suffered the same fate.

People tend to go with what the tannoy announcer requests. Our way is a minutes silence and I can't forsee any problems if the club ask for silence.

In any case people can applaud after the silence.

Jade Goody's cancer was laughed at and mocked on here yet anyone who laughs or mocks "Big John's," will be removed. What is the difference? I truly hope he does pull through yet I don't see why people are being threatened with a ban when Jade Goody's cancer and death was all a big joke.

In fairness to Hartson, he hasn't whored himself to the media for death money instead of spending his time with his family.

Also.

People tend to go with what the tannoy announcer requests. Our way is a minutes silence and I can't forsee any problems if the club ask for silence.

Possibly.

And before anyone says: "They wouldn't do it for a Rangers player", remember that we're better than them ;)

Also.

Possibly.

And before anyone says: "They wouldn't do it for a Rangers player", remember that we're better than them ;)

We are a lot better than them. (tu)

Also.

Possibly.

This really isn't the time or place for one upmanship about which set of supporters are better than the other.

I don't recall too much laughter at Goody's expense, just condemnation of how she behaved herself in the last 2 or 3 months which was frankly beyond words.

Sympathy for her family wasn't absent, at least not from me, but horror at her conduct wasn't either.

As for Hartson, he's just a former footballer who's been involved in OF rivalry and banter for years - who is now struck down by a dreadful illness and looks like he won't pull through, though I hope I'm wrong there.

The day I see him on the cover of OK magazine and on every tv show is the day I will shake my head as I did regarding Goody.

Also.

Possibly.

This really isn't the time or place for one upmanship about which set of supporters are better than the other.

I was just making a point. (tu)

We wouldnt of hated him had he signed for us.

Yep, something I've said before on RM 'the kind of player you hate if in the opposition but love if he's in your colours'.

Also, it actually wasn't until the latter part of last season where he got some stick for his opinions on Setanta and had been praised for being quite fair I recall before that...also a big fan of Kris Boyd.

Hope you pull thro' John.

My thoughts go out to John Hartson. Livestrong, John! We're pulling for you! Folks, hold him in your thoughts and prayers please.

This is the very man to inspire you John. Lets hope you pull through (tu)

Hope he pulls through. Only if it were that wee ginger heeded bastard Neil lennon.

Punched in the face? No doubt. Cancer? No way. The only person who deserves that in my mind is Robert Mugabe.

100% agreement with this post.

Hope he pulls through. Only if it were that wee ginger heeded bastard Neil lennon.

Pretty rotten comment. Lennon is a prick etc, but do you really want him to die of cancer?

to be fair regarding goody, she was only providing for her kids after her death by taking whatever money the media flung at her

she was only looking out for her kids, complete respect for her for doing that

jokes will come out about ANYONE famous, its what happens, maybe its peoples way of losing someone who, while wasnt close to them, still was someone that they didnt want to die

Pretty rotten comment. Lennon is a prick etc, but do you really want him to die of cancer?

I know - its nice to see the views of this moron are completely over-ruled by the decent members on here who dont wish cancer on folk and are wishing the best for big John

I dont even mind John Hartson

Says on STV there that it's in his lungs now too, and his in a critical condition. I fear the worst for the big man, i really hope he manages to pull through. He's still young, with a wife and kids :(