Who is the better player

Who is the better player  

214 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you choose to play in a 4-4-2 alonside pedro?

• Mo Edu
    • K Thomson

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a shame that both edu and thomson are very alike,but at least we have that problem!2 very good players.Thomson was our best player before he got injured and edu stepped up to the plate when we needed him

What i dont get is people saying that thommo will need time to get back to his best after injury, yet Edu has just had surgery on a serious Knee injury so does the same not apply to him ? (i know he hasnt been out as long etc)

Thomson easily.

He's a better passer and tackler than what Edu is. He is also better positionally and physically. The only thing Edu has over Thomson is his aerial ablilty. People need to know that while Edu was in the team, we didn't play the type of football we did when Thomson was in the team. Mendes plays better with Thomson than he does with Edu. Edu is still very inexperienced were Thomson has captained Hibs and had over 5 years of playing in this league.

What i dont get is people saying that thommo will need time to get back to his best after injury, yet Edu has just had surgery on a serious Knee injury so does the same not apply to him ? (i know he hasnt been out as long etc)

Yes, it will take him time to. Especially as I think it is his first big injury so he better not be rushed back either.

why not both?

In my opinion this is the team I would like to see assuming noone comes in and everyone is full fitness on top form.

Id go with a 4-3-3 which is immediatly interchangeable with a 4-5-1. Starting at the back I'd put Papac into his ACTUAL position ( if he is that good out of position, im sure he will be fine, plus he has quality and youth ) , I'd tell Broadfoot to get forward LESS, instead using Edu as an outball or going directly to Mendez and Davis on our vey strong right side. Boughie takes care of himself. Whittaker I'd influence to get forward more in support of our weaker left side and the fact that if any of the pishy SPL attacks can break through our midfield, Edu, Broadfoot, Papac and Boughie should be able to cope with this easilly. Thompson, I'd effectivelly say " do your thing kid, there is a responsibility on you to link Steven and Steven ;) on the left, you think your up to it?" cause the boy seems to relish a challenge and responsibility. YES, i'd play Naismith, he has yet to play in a proper run of games because walter seems to only give players fleeting chances when coming back from injury. I'd play him in every pre-season and remember, him and Boyd where the SPL's top partnership not so long ago, the chances they will get will lead to a barel load.

:alexander:

:broadfoot: :papac: :bougherra: :whittaker:

:edu:

:mendes: :thomson:

:davis:

:Naismith:

:boyd:

this would be all out relentless attack for use in the SPL home and away at EVERY stadium.

why not both?

In my opinion this is the team I would like to see assuming noone comes in and everyone is full fitness on top form.

Id go with a 4-3-3 which is immediatly interchangeable with a 4-5-1. Starting at the back I'd put Papac into his ACTUAL position ( if he is that good out of position, im sure he will be fine, plus he has quality and youth ) , I'd tell Broadfoot to get forward LESS, instead using Edu as an outball or going directly to Mendez and Davis on our vey strong right side. Boughie takes care of himself. Whittaker I'd influence to get forward more in support of our weaker left side and the fact that if any of the pishy SPL attacks can break through our midfield, Edu, Broadfoot, Papac and Boughie should be able to cope with this easilly. Thompson, I'd effectivelly say " do your thing kid, there is a responsibility on you to link Steven and Steven ;) on the left, you think your up to it?" cause the boy seems to relish a challenge and responsibility. YES, i'd play Naismith, he has yet to play in a proper run of games because walter seems to only give players fleeting chances when coming back from injury. I'd play him in every pre-season and remember, him and Boyd where the SPL's top partnership not so long ago, the chances they will get will lead to a barel load.

:alexander:

:broadfoot: :papac: :bougherra: :whittaker:

:edu:

:mendes: :thomson:

:davis:

:Naismith:

:boyd:

this would be all out relentless attack for use in the SPL home and away at EVERY stadium.

papac is a better LB than he is a CB imo

I think both are pretty similar with Edu's aerial presence and Thomson's greater experience being the only two virtues that stand out between them.

As such, I find it difficult to separate them at this stage and look forward to them both competing with each other next season for a first XI slot. With both of them suffering from nasty knee injuries they'll have to prove their fitness and quality all over again.

The only sensible way to look at it. Well said Frankie.

Easily Thompson.When he was playing with Mendes and Davis we were brilliant in the midfield. Can't wait to see that again.

Stevie doesn't play for us any longer!

classic :rolleyes:

you never make any mistakes with spelling?

Easily Thompson.When he was playing with Mendes and Davis we were brilliant in the midfield. Can't wait to see that again.

Stevie doesn't play for us any longer!

classic :rolleyes:

you never make any mistakes with spelling?

nope, we leave that to the bead rattlers