In 30 years of supporting Rangers....

jjcale27

this has to be the most boring, uneventful pre-season yet. Can't remember another when we havn't been linked to any players & probably won't sign anyone. There won't be another club who have won their respective league, go straight into the Champions League & are looking to downsize & weaken their squad e.g. we obviously need another centre-half, Weir is nearly 40 ffs.... Surely as fans who invest their time & cash into following the team deserve at least one signing that will strengthen the team & freshen things up. Even Guardiola at Barca feels that although they won everything last season, it is important for the team, fans & club to have a couple of new faces every season. The one saving grace is the possibilty of playing youngsters but under Walter I feel this is unlikely. Can't help feeling that winning the league has merely papered over the cracks & not re-investing in the team will come back to haunt us!

Its not ideal however if we have no available cash then it cant be done. The recession doesnt help either and I'd rather we spent nothing than spending money we dont have and then having to sell more players down the line and end up in an even worse position

It makes sense for every successful team to add quality to take steps forward. Unfortunately we do not have the money to do so; we play in a football backwater where there is little tv revenue, we pay too many poor players too much money which means they will not move on even when they will not feature in the squad, we have too many "hangers on " on the wage bill with the resulting wage cost.

Huge overheads, large payments to cover interest on loans and overdrafts, small domestic tv revenue means success in europe is a necessity but we cannot afford to buy the quality of players that could give us that chance of a successful european run.

Hard times ahead for some time, I think.

People must have forgot what it's like to have a calm, composed and quiet summer as Champions.

Let the monobrows scurry around spending all their cash on two players, one manager and a pay off for big Bobo.

Relax and enjoy the summer :)

I much prefer this to the usual transfer windows tbf. We've actually managed to/are about to offload players for a change, Bougherra aside there hasn't been the usual massive fight about someone important possibly being sold and no 50 odd threads on Stranzl/Tonel/Lovenkrands constantly regurgitating the same shit that never happens anyway.

Long may it continue.

The economic 'downturn' has hit everything. Anyway, we had a huge squad last year that needed trimmed. We will win the SPL with the current squad while the filth squander millions on non entities from Nancy.

WATP. Title #53 is on its way.

Can't buy anyone with no money, we all knew this. Winning the league and gaining direct entry into the CL is a massive weight off our shoulders because now we don't have to rush around throwing money away for yet another summer.

We still MIGHT sign at least 1 player, even if its a squad player, but we will wait and see.

We could go out and buy Capucho, Sebo, Svensson and Emerson.

Why do people need signings to make them happy. We took a young squad and won the League and Cup double. Guys like Edu, Whittaker, KT, Laffs and Fleck gained some great experience and became far better players. Maybe let them feel secure that they have their place, and let them develop as players.

In my humble opinion we will sign a Centre half, and it'll come without a sniff in the papers. Given Boug has African Cup duty, Broadfoot is injured, Dailly has left and that Webster has gone to Utd I think the player and plans are probably in place. While it would be nice to strengthen at full back and wide, we have players who can do a turn there without getting stuck into an overheated transfer market.

Personally would like to see guys like Aaron and Fleck get regular starts, and maybe see a few more young players coming through. But really don't need a barrowload of transfers to get me excited - I just close my eyes and remember the the goals at tannadice, and that seems to do the trick!

People must have forgot what it's like to have a calm, composed and quiet summer as Champions.

Let the monobrows scurry around spending all their cash on two players, one manager and a pay off for big Bobo.

Relax and enjoy the summer :)

And look at the diver they are going to try and re-place, we only have Barry to re-place and that was well covered last season.

Oh well since use guys accept poor mediocar, unacceptable and dire performances from our chairman and manager, we should all just accept it and be quiet yeah!

In my time on here and on football forums a doubt I have came across a bigger muppet than you.

Aye alright then, tell you what you go and accept the dross thats coming out of Murray Park right now and when Boogi runs of to Everton or Sunderland or whatever mediocre prem club it is and when we left with Mculloch and Weir as our 1st choice C/Bs then we will see who is the muppet!

I cant wait until the season begins and we have other stuff to think about. Cant wait for the games to begin. Shame we wont be able to watch Rangers tv before dinner. Escape to the cuntry is ok but would rather watch Gers weekend games..

We have no money to buy players but we do have some exciting new prospects. I think it will be a dull Summer but lets all keep the faith. We are the Rangers remember..