***The Official Norway vs Scotland Match Thread***

Ryan_1

• Replies 580
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost glad of my apathy towards Burley's regime after looking at that side :lol: :lol:

Embarrassing!

Marshall

Hutton--Caldwell--Caldwell---Davidson

Brown---Fletcher---Alexander

McCormack--Miller---Commons

It's just a really imbalanced, poorly conceived team - we went attacking in Lithuania (Lithuania, right?) and were utterly slaughtered by a shit team.

We have 4 very good players, in Brown, Hutton, Miller and Fletcher, and the other 7 are mediocrity at best and downright pitiful at worst.

Almost glad of my apathy towards Burley's regime after looking at that side :lol: :lol:

Embarrassing!

Marshall

It's just a really imbalanced, poorly conceived team - we went attacking in Lithuania (Lithuania, right?) and were utterly slaughtered by a shit team.

We have 4 very good players, in Brown, Hutton, Miller and Fletcher, and the other 7 are mediocrity at best and downright pitiful at worst.

Anyway, the earliest traces of the surname 'Anderson' are Nordic.

So I'm neutral :P

Embarrassing!

Marshall

Absolutley shocking starting eleven.

Calum Davidson? Why is this guy even in the squad. Surely Lee Wallace or even Charlie Mulrgew deserve to be in there.

Steven bloody Caldwell at centre half. He signed his own death warrant with all the nonsense he's been spouting about dominating Carew. Mate, you've been playing in the Championship for the past three seasons. Carew will murder him.

The current Rangers No1 goalkeeper has been kept out the side by David "calamity" Marshall, the Cardiff City goalkeeper!

A 38 year old Graham Alexander in midfield. Embarrassing.

Ross McCormack and Kris Commons up top. What the hell is going on here. We need proven internationalists like MacFadden and Maloney up there.

Burley has essentially served the media with cannon fodder befroe the match has even started with this dire team selection.

Embarrassing!

Marshall

Calum Davidson? Why is this guy even in the squad. Surely Lee Wallace or even Charlie Mulrgew deserve to be in there.

Steven bloody Caldwell at centre half. He signed his own death warrant with all the nonsense he's been spouting about dominating Carew. Mate, you've been playing in the Championship for the past three seasons. Carew will murder him.

The current Rangers No1 goalkeeper has been kept out the side by David "calamity" Marshall, the Cardiff City goalkeeper!

Ross McCormack and Kris Commons up top. What the hell is going on here. We need proven internationalists like MacFadden and Maloney up there.

Burley has essentially served the media with cannon fodder befroe the match has even started with this dire team selection.

As with most of your posts so far Stu, I agree 100%.

A truly baffling selection.

Embarrassing!

Marshall

Papaguy, I'm sitting at my desk in the office stunned by this team selection.

Whats next, Graham Murty replacing Hutton at full back?

Burley needs brought back down to reality.

We thought Vogts was bad. Burley takes the fuckin biscuit.

Imagine his pre match team talk:

Burley speaks in a timid, squeaky, pitiful voice: "come on lads, we can win this. just try your best"

Least inspirational manager of all time

Embarrassing!

Marshall

Papaguy, I'm sitting at my desk in the office stunned by this team selection.

Whats next, Graham Murty replacing Hutton at full back?

Burley needs brought back down to reality.

We thought Vogts was bad. Burley takes the fuckin biscuit.

Imagine his pre match team talk:

Burley speaks in a timid, squeaky, pitiful voice: "come on lads, we can win this. just try your best"Least inspirational manager of all time

PMSL because its so fucking true

One RM smiley sums up that team selection - :anguish:

What justifies David Marshall starting? Did he not play for a side that was relegated from the Championship? Did Neil Alexander not play the last quarter or so of a season for a team that won a domestic championship and a Scottish Cup?

Also, Callum Davidson? :anguish:

Hopefully Miller can bag a couple goals in Norway like he did 4 years ago, but I'm not going to get my hopes up.

Lithuania aren't even in our group however you might be meaning Macedonia where we lost however I'd disagree with that as I feel we created good chances there.

And I'd also disagree with those 4 as I pretty highly rate McCormack, Maloney, Mcfadden while the rest fade away to varying extents.

I definitely agree with everything here, especially about the forward line.

Draw half time Norway full time is 7/2 :pipe:

Tempted!

Although i'm still hopeful, thats a damn good bet.

Davidson, Alexander and S. Caldwell shouldnt even be in the squad.

I also dont understand what justifies Fletcher to be captain? I bet its purely because he plays for Man Utd. He doesnt seem that imposing a figure to me. Plus i cant remember the last time he actually turned up for a Scotland game.

Oh aye and I think Burley should concentrate more on youth than promote your token Scots like James Morrison, George Boyd and Lee Camp.

SCOTLAND boss George Burley is considering an international call-up for Nottingham Forest keeper Lee Camp.

MailSport can reveal the 24-year-old is eligible because his grandfather was born in Paisley. The SFA were alerted to his availability last week and will now follow it up.

Camp, who joined Forest from QPR this summer, played for Burley at Derby and is highly rated by the national manager who will make a personal check on him this month.

That may well lead to the keeper's inclusion for September's World Cup double header against Macedonia and Holland

http://www.sundaymail.co.uk/sport-news/sco...78057-21584162/

None of us, and not even Boyd himself, could pretend he's a Scot, not that he made even the slightest effort to do so.

After getting the call-up he said: "Any international recognition is great. I think (playing for) England is a bit far-fetched so this is a great opportunity for me."

Brilliant. England is where his heart lies and let me stress there is nothing at all wrong with that. In fact, that's how it should be, but because he's not nearly good enough for Fabio Capello's team Scotland will do for him. Better than nothing at all, he thinks.

Sad isn't it. And all because our clubs, coaches and authorities have failed miserably to make sure the standard of the average Scottish player is always above ordinary.

http://blogs.<No links to this website>/jimtraynor/...y-leads-to.html

Oh and of course, James Morrison admitted what George Boyd did too in the press...infact found the quote.

"After having a chat with Alex McLeish I have chosen to play for Scotland," Morrison confirmed.

"I was born in England and I believe I could do a job for them, but it was a question of how long I wanted to wait.

"But I've got the chance to help Scotland now and I'm really looking forward to pulling on the shirt."

http://www.football.co.uk/middlesbrough/mo...nd_250369.shtml

However I like Burley's attacking philosophy and do believe he has shown faith young players but just not enough of them, Fletcher from Hibs and McCormock.

I still back Burley, thought he was the right man for the job when he was appointed, however my faith is waning.

That starting line-up is a joke and an insult to the fans who have travelled over and spent hard-earned dosh to watch that lot. The frankenstein brothers at CB, Alexander at DM and Davidson at LB? WTF is the matter with Berra, Diamond, Whittaker or dare I even say it, Hartley?