Who is Mr Rangers?

ibrox52

Mr Rangers  

278 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you feel deserves this title the most?

• Bill Struth
    • Walter Smith
    • William Waddle
    • Graeme Souness
    • Sam English
    • Bob Mcphail
    • Davie Cooper
    • Ally McCoist
    • Sandy Jardine
    • Richard Gough
    • Jim Baxter
    • John Greig
    • John Brown
    • Barry Ferguson
    • Other (Please state who)

Over the years many people have been given this title from players to managers alike, but who do you think deserves this title the most?

For me it has to be Walter Smith. He has served the club with dignity and class and has provided incredible success. His passion for Rangers is incredible and is clear for all to see

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't voted because I think there's more than one 'Mr. Rangers' in that list. Choosing one in particular is very difficult. I have a feeling that Coisty could be the man, but he'll have to become manager & be extremely successful to get there. Till then, it's got to be Struth.

Bill Struth was before almost everyone's time on here. But.. IF you read any Rangers history, there is only one choice. Mr. Struth. He set the standards -- to this day. The red on the socks had to be 1 1/4 inches below the knee etc. (Note: I might be wrong about the length -- but you get the idea)

He deliberately raised the hooks for the caps in the visitors dressing room. Why? So that they would 'feel' the were playing against 'giants'. And they were... They were playing against The Rangers.

William Struth = Total Legend.

Bill Struth Link

Bill Struth...

When being presented with the portrait that now hangs in the Ibrox trophy room, Bill Struth said:

I have been lucky — lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him."

Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity. No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers.

EDIT: Added Mr. Struth's speach...

Over the years many people have been given this title from players to managers alike, but who do you think deserves this title the most?

For me it has to be Walter Smith. He has served the club with dignity and class and has provided incredible success. His passion for Rangers is incredible and is clear for all to see

what an awful question.

who was rangers worst captain ?

nobody answers.