Jerome Rothen signs for Rangers

BLUEDIGNITY

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Maybe he's just signing what's available to him?

I think Rothen - one of the highest paid players in France for the last eight years - may well be on a Frank De Boer sort of contract that won't put us that much out of pocket.

Hell, anything we do for the foreseeable future must be affordable and I'm sure this is.

Maybe, just maybe, there were no centrebacks available that Smith deemed good enough. Sure, we probably could have got Sol Bamba or Darren Barr etc, but what's the point in getting rid of deadwood only to replace it with more?

Anyway, next on the wanted list behind centreback was set piece taker/left midfielder, and this guy ticks both boxes.

If no other moves out/in happen, I think we'll go like this:

:mcgregor:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:thomson:

:davis: :mendes: Rothen

:boyd: :miller:

There will undoubtedly be a lot of unhappy faces around, so I'm expecting a few further moves out...probably loand. Can see the likes of Fleck & Naismith heading on loan, with Beasley being sold.

Good player with something to prove, however not signing a CB is criminally negligent.

Yet again the manager fails to build a balanced squad.

Seconded.

Weir injury-free can't play all the games in this kind of schedule.

It's not ideal, but Smith will see McCulloch as CB cover now that he has another midfielder.

I think it's ridiculous that we've not signed a CB.

What are we playing at? We are well and truly fucked if weir/magic pick up an injury.....

At least we have cover for LMF (laff/naismith/miller/novo/davis/smith) They may not be the best options but all can do a good shift out there.

We have nothing at the back and it really is worrying me now..

Good player with something to prove, however not signing a CB is criminally negligent.

Yet again the manager fails to build a balanced squad.

Seconded.

Weir injury-free can't play all the games in this kind of schedule.

It's not ideal, but Smith will see McCulloch as CB cover now that he has another midfielder.

Don't like that, Lee has just started to win over the fans with some excellent performances in a position that suits his style of play and Smith sees him as cover as well? So hope that's not Walter's mentality.

I'm sure there must be a CB in the league we could pick up for little money - a Barr, Bamba, Goncalves or something like that, even just as cover.

Well, with no CB coming, we will probably use McCulloch or Edu,maybe even Broadfoot as covers.

:anguish:

He shouldn't be allowed at CB again. Decent enough at RB, though rightly second to Whitty, but gets caught too easily at CB - look at the December OF game at Ibrox.

Maybe smith thinks wilson is enough cover after mcculoch ?

Would like to think that Wilson's good enough but what if we need him for a CL game, he's got no experience at SPL level, never mind Europe.

He'll need to get that experience somehow though!

Maybe smith thinks wilson is enough cover after mcculoch ?

Would like to think that Wilson's good enough but what if we need him for a CL game, he's got no experience at SPL level, never mind Europe.

He'll need to get that experience somehow though!

True. Better now than in a couple years when he will be dropped into the first team (hopefully). Better to ease him in over the games with the romanians ;.

I've seen plenty of Danny Wilson and he would have effortlessly pissed it against Falkirk and Hamilton so far this year.

Those are the kind of games where we should be resting Weir (if he needs it) and playing Wilson.

Well, with no CB coming, we will probably use McCulloch or Edu,maybe even Broadfoot as covers.

:anguish:

He shouldn't be allowed at CB again. Decent enough at RB, though rightly second to Whitty, but gets caught too easily at CB - look at the December OF game at Ibrox.

Agreed mate,i don`t want to see him playing CB either. But in a situation with Weir and Boogie picking up an injury or getting suspended we might need to play there everyone we can. Which is not a good deal.

I hope Edu will do a job, i really do.

True. Better now than in a couple years when he will be dropped into the first team (hopefully). Better to ease him in over the games with the romanians ;.

I agree to an extent, but the two games against the Romanians will determine where we finish in the CL, make no mistake. Also, anyone who takes that mob for a bunch of mugs who we should roll over want their head examined.