Red hand of Ulster

j1mgg

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see rangers supporters wanting this to stop as it has nothing to do with football and can also be strewd as a nazi salute. even if it is on your call

sorry about spelling mistake

What Rangers fans would that be? :unsure:

Did I say that?

You asked what Rangers fans had asked for this unnecessary salute to stop and I told you the RST were amongst the huge, huge majority of fans who would rather this gesture wasn't part of our support.

But you keep being obtuse. :)

Did I say that?

You asked what Rangers fans had asked for this unnecessary salute to stop and I told you the RST were amongst the huge, huge majority of fans who would rather this gesture wasn't part of our support.

Tongue in cheek Frankie,so some guys do a one hand salute,so what?won't change the way I live my life,and you can sing what ever you like at a football match,it's only words,who does it really hurt?sometimes I'm glad I'm 7,000 miles away from Ibrox so I can sit in my club,stick one hand in the air,while singing the Billy Boys.

You politically correct Bears of today wouldn't have survived on our terraces,when Bears were Bears <cry>

Oh I would have survived fine - who says I'm politically correct anyway?

I just see the damage that some unnecessary stuff does for our club and all our good names. You can do what you want 7 miles or 7000miles away anywhere you like - that's your right. But, when it comes to Ibrox we should make it as welcoming a place as possible whilst retaining the hostile atmosphere in other ways,

Maybe, being 7000miles away you don't realise what it's like to go to work, a local pub or travel on public transport while getting the odd disapproving glance just because I am wearing a Rangers scarf or the like. That's because of the OTT media coverage and yes it also because of an overly PC society.

But it's also because some of our fans let us all down in the most silly of places.

Did I say that?

Tongue in cheek Frankie,so some guys do a one hand salute,so what?won't change the way I live my life,and you can sing what ever you like at a football match,it's only words,who does it really hurt?sometimes I'm glad I'm 7,000 miles away from Ibrox so I can sit in my club,stick one hand in the air,while singing the Billy Boys.

You politically correct Bears of today wouldn't have survived on our terraces,when Bears were Bears <cry>

Is that you refusing to move with the times Polar? Politically correct Bears??? Are you having a laugh? Are you suggesting it was at one time alright to sing the obnoxious shite that was sung at Rangers games just because at one time people were too afraid to question it? I for one always found it offensive. Does that mean that when you sang it way back then you weren't a sectarian twat, but now when you do... you are? which is it?

I am quite sure I am going to get accused of being a sellick fan as a result of this but I am fuckin fed up with the apologists on this board who think it's alright to accept the biggoted views of the supporters of our past - jyst because it was accepted in the past, doens't mean it's right. I wish some of our younger supporters would grow some bollocks and stand up to some of the shite that is talked about the "good old days" - the football was great- some of the fans were disgusting. Some of them still are - I give you my experience in the Stadium bar last Thursday. (talked about on another thread)

"I can sit in my club,stick one hand in the air,while singing the Billy Boys"

just as long as you dont do it at Ibrox, you'll be fine!:)

And as long as you do it, you'll still be regarded as a bigot by those better informed than you. You'll still be an idiot except you wont know it until someone better informed points it out to you at which point you will possiby disagree.

And as long as you do it, you'll still be regarded as a bigot by those better informed than you. You'll still be an idiot except you wont know it until someone better informed points it out to you at which point you will possiby disagree.

One man's meat is another man's murder

I do think times have changed and there is no place for it now, I did it in the past and was proud for what it stood for, I wouldn't do it now because that particular part of history has changed. Does that make me a bigot too by your way of thinking? Maybe I should ask my Roman Catholic wife for her opinion.

How informed do you have to be to smell a rat that we haven't had a non RC Lord Provost in this city for over 40 years? You see the problem with this head in the sand attitude that you have is that even if we don't practice what you call bigotry the other side will, and do.

Did I say that?

a wee article that expresses a fairly clear view

Red Hand Salute - An Educated View

This is a thing that really bugs me and we're portrayed as NAZI's for doing it. A guy on my forum penned this and hopefully it may have some impact. We need to start making people aware that this salute is offensive and should not be done.

Why not just place your hand on your heart and sing or even hold a scarf aloft.

This so called Red Hand Salute has to stop if we want to move on.

Look at the NOTW from Sunday. They mentioned the IRA FEST parade but that's it, no condemnation of it but who gets it US. Why? A group of protesters with a couple of Union Flags and doing the Nazi salute. BNP, NF, Neo Nazi that's what they called us. Do you like people thinking that we're Neo Nazi, them that don't know what it is meant to depict, this so called(RHS).

Time for it to STOP. This is a pic of the protesters doing the so called Red hand salute. What does that say?

Spot the difference ...

Hopefully a couple of the fanzines might publish this to get it across to those who don't have the internet as it needs to be stopped.

Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the waves, Britons’ Never Never Shall Be Slaves

They wont be slaves and rightly so. Brits, and Rangers fans in particular, should ‘never never’ be pro Nazi. The ignorant and uneducated fans who continue to taint the good name of Rangers by carrying out Nazi Salutes should be ashamed of themselves.

“Ahh, but its no a Nazi salute, it’s the red hand saluteâ€

No its not, the red hand salute is non existent, and it pains me to say it, but the red hand salute is merely a symbol which fans embarrassingly hid behind to condone the support of Neo-Nazis within Britain’s shore. It's first appearance at Ibrox (I believe) in the 80's, coinciding with the introductionof the extreme right wing "Chelsea bootboys'" unofficial friendship with Rangers.

Terry Last, a soccer hooligan and a leading figure of both the head-hunters and the National Front, also played a role in the rise of this disgusting symbol and dragged England's national support to an all time low when he was pictured displaying the salute whilst "on tour" with England not long before his arrest and imprisonment in connection with his hooligan activities.

Following his trial Last was labelled "Little Hitler of the Soccer Thugs" by the English media.

Rangers Fans were recently up in arms when Celtic's Stephen Pearson clearly chanted IRA at a social function in Ireland whilst on club duty, we know he did it, and the media do too. We criticise the media for being one sided, well now its time to face facts – the Rangers support need to rid themselves of this disgusting salute, let's worry about our own house before we try and put others’ in order.

"People in glass houses should not throw stones"

If you see anyone, intentionally or unintentionally, contributing to the use of Nazi salutes within Ibrox, or any other ground where Rangers fans’ are in attendance, do the right thing and politely question why, within Britain’s’ shores’ are they saluting and displaying support for one of the most evil dictatorships in world history, that had they achieved there goal, would have destroyed Great Britain, a union which is sacred to many within our own support. Most probably, their reply will be, its not a Nazi salute, it’s a Red Hand. It's time to educate the uneducated, make it clear to the idiots that this mythical Red Hand Salute does not exist and it has no place amoungst a Rangers support that we are extremely proud of.

To ignore this, is to others- who need no encouragement to attack us an indication that we condone support for a regime similar to those which our current leaders are trying to rid the world of in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If they won’t take your word for it, tell them to ask an Ulsterman about a Red Hand salute – they probably won’t know anything about it, because frankly, there isn’t one. If that’s not possible tell them to go along a memorial service in November and to give their Red Hand Salute at the cenotaph, let them explain then that its not a Nazi Salute.

Worryingly this salute is becoming more and more evident within the younger bears. It is your duty, as a Rangers Fan to spread the word and protect our image which has been subjected to repeated and concentrated defamatory attacks from the media and anti sectarian organisations.

By all means possible fight for our reputation and challenge the unreported sectarian behaviour and pro terrorist songs from our rivals, but do so if you are sure that your own conscience is clear of any potential damage you have or will cause to your club and fellow supporters' reputation as you do so.

Remember - WE ARE THE PEOPLE , it is every one of our duties to keep it so

What are you rabbiting on about :unsure::rolleyes:

Did I say that?

a wee article that expresses a fairly clear view

Red Hand Salute - An Educated View

This is a thing that really bugs me and we're portrayed as NAZI's for doing it. A guy on my forum penned this and hopefully it may have some impact. We need to start making people aware that this salute is offensive and should not be done.

Why not just place your hand on your heart and sing or even hold a scarf aloft.

This so called Red Hand Salute has to stop if we want to move on.

Look at the NOTW from Sunday. They mentioned the IRA FEST parade but that's it, no condemnation of it but who gets it US. Why? A group of protesters with a couple of Union Flags and doing the Nazi salute. BNP, NF, Neo Nazi that's what they called us. Do you like people thinking that we're Neo Nazi, them that don't know what it is meant to depict, this so called(RHS).

Time for it to STOP. This is a pic of the protesters doing the so called Red hand salute. What does that say?

Spot the difference ...

Hopefully a couple of the fanzines might publish this to get it across to those who don't have the internet as it needs to be stopped.

Rule Britannia, Britannia Rules the waves, Britons’ Never Never Shall Be Slaves

They wont be slaves and rightly so. Brits, and Rangers fans in particular, should ‘never never’ be pro Nazi. The ignorant and uneducated fans who continue to taint the good name of Rangers by carrying out Nazi Salutes should be ashamed of themselves.

“Ahh, but its no a Nazi salute, it’s the red hand saluteâ€

No its not, the red hand salute is non existent, and it pains me to say it, but the red hand salute is merely a symbol which fans embarrassingly hid behind to condone the support of Neo-Nazis within Britain’s shore. It's first appearance at Ibrox (I believe) in the 80's, coinciding with the introductionof the extreme right wing "Chelsea bootboys'" unofficial friendship with Rangers.

Terry Last, a soccer hooligan and a leading figure of both the head-hunters and the National Front, also played a role in the rise of this disgusting symbol and dragged England's national support to an all time low when he was pictured displaying the salute whilst "on tour" with England not long before his arrest and imprisonment in connection with his hooligan activities.

Following his trial Last was labelled "Little Hitler of the Soccer Thugs" by the English media.

Rangers Fans were recently up in arms when Celtic's Stephen Pearson clearly chanted IRA at a social function in Ireland whilst on club duty, we know he did it, and the media do too. We criticise the media for being one sided, well now its time to face facts – the Rangers support need to rid themselves of this disgusting salute, let's worry about our own house before we try and put others’ in order.

"People in glass houses should not throw stones"

If you see anyone, intentionally or unintentionally, contributing to the use of Nazi salutes within Ibrox, or any other ground where Rangers fans’ are in attendance, do the right thing and politely question why, within Britain’s’ shores’ are they saluting and displaying support for one of the most evil dictatorships in world history, that had they achieved there goal, would have destroyed Great Britain, a union which is sacred to many within our own support. Most probably, their reply will be, its not a Nazi salute, it’s a Red Hand. It's time to educate the uneducated, make it clear to the idiots that this mythical Red Hand Salute does not exist and it has no place amoungst a Rangers support that we are extremely proud of.

To ignore this, is to others- who need no encouragement to attack us an indication that we condone support for a regime similar to those which our current leaders are trying to rid the world of in Iraq and Afghanistan.

If they won’t take your word for it, tell them to ask an Ulsterman about a Red Hand salute – they probably won’t know anything about it, because frankly, there isn’t one. If that’s not possible tell them to go along a memorial service in November and to give their Red Hand Salute at the cenotaph, let them explain then that its not a Nazi Salute.

Worryingly this salute is becoming more and more evident within the younger bears. It is your duty, as a Rangers Fan to spread the word and protect our image which has been subjected to repeated and concentrated defamatory attacks from the media and anti sectarian organisations.

By all means possible fight for our reputation and challenge the unreported sectarian behaviour and pro terrorist songs from our rivals, but do so if you are sure that your own conscience is clear of any potential damage you have or will cause to your club and fellow supporters' reputation as you do so.

Remember - WE ARE THE PEOPLE , it is every one of our duties to keep it so

Brilliant article, Alba - THANK YOU for posting this. (clap)