Kyle's scan latest

UPDATE:they just showed Kyle on the telly....limping badly....not looking too good ITV said results out within next 24 hours

:anguish:

still waiting on Kyle's results

lets hope its not as bad as feared

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2529538.0.0.php

by Ronnie Cully

TWO Old Firm stars face scans ahead of Wednesday's next round of World Cup qualifiers.

Kyle Lafferty scored Northern Ireland's goal in their draw against Poland in Katowice at the weekend, but later limped off with what manager Nigel Worthington fears is damage to the medial ligament of his knee.

The Rangers striker is almost certainly out of this week's game against Slovakia in Belfast.

And Worthington has already expressed concerns the damage might be bad enough to rule him out of next month's final qualifier in the Czech Republic.

Worthington would be very disappointed to lose the hitman at this stage but said: "If Kyle doesn't make it, someone else will get their chance, and what better time to make yourself a hero."

Rangers boss Walter Smith will call to discover the results of the scans Lafferty will undergo today.

The Ibrox side play Motherwell at lunchtime on Saturday, and Lafferty would be in contention for a return to the side after completing his three-game suspension.

Celtic manager Tony Mowbray will also be anxious to hear the extent of Artur Boruc's thigh muscle strain.

The Polish keeper sustained the injury in Saturday's game against Northern Ireland and is already rated a serious doubt for Wednesday's vital tie in Slovenia.

The results of today's scan will determine if he can hold on to the place he has just regained or if he must stand aside for Celtic team-mate Lukasz Zaluska.

A Polish FA spokes-man said: "Artur has had ultrasound treatment on the leg muscle."

Celtic play Dundee United on Saturday afternoon at Parkhead, and Mowbray will want Boruc to be available to continue the superb form he showed in the victory over Hibs eight days ago.

Publication date 07/09/09

just heard on ni news injury not as bad as first feard 50 50 for wed night good news :clap::clap:

I hope he doesn't even make the bench for N.I. Rangers are far more important!

Agree with that mate, thats all we need! a 75% fit Lafferty getting clumped again and doing some real damage.

just heard on ni news injury not as bad as first feard 50 50 for wed night good news :clap::clap:

I hope he doesn't even make the bench for N.I. Rangers are far more important!

Agree with that mate, thats all we need! a 75% fit Lafferty getting clumped again and doing some real damage.

exactly Walter should insist they don't use him

Good news it's not as bad as originally thought, as far as Norn Iron if he's not 100% he shouldn't play... :sherlock:

this is what worrys me now, him getting thrown in as its such a big game for them not fully fit

Northern Ireland have received a boost after scans showed no serious damage to Kyle Lafferty's knee - meaning the striker should face Slovakia.

The Rangers striker, who scored in his country's 1-1 draw with Poland at the weekend, was forced off late in the match.

It was initially believed that Lafferty's injury was a bad one and he would almost certainly miss Wednesday's curucial clash with Slovakia at Windsor Park.

However, scans have now revealed no serious damage for the targetman - who now looks as if he could be involved against the Slovaks.

"It felt good, it was a bit sore yesterday, but I iced it and looked after it," he told Sky Sports News.

"It felt good and I knew there was a chance the scan would come back good and it did."

Northern Ireland currently sit second with in Group 3 and have a great chance of at least making the play-offs for South Africa 2010.

"It is going to be brilliant if we do make it," said Lafferty.

"For all the players involved, coaching staff and the fans as they have been exceptional.

"Every player wants to play at the highest level and I think everyone is buzzing that we are so close. Everyone is excited."

Source: TeamTalk Rangers.

Northern Ireland have received a huge boost after scans showed no serious damage to Kyle Lafferty's knee.

The Rangers striker, who scored in his country's 1-1 draw with Poland at the weekend, was forced off late in the match.

It was initially feared that Lafferty's injury was a bad one and he was almost certainly out of Wednesday's crucial clash with Slovakia at Windsor Park - a game you can see live on Sky Sports.

However, scans have now revealed no serious damage for the target-man, who now looks as if he could be involved against the Slovaks.

"It felt good, it was a bit sore yesterday, but I iced it and looked after it," he told Sky Sports News.

"It felt good and I knew there was a chance the scan would come back good and it did."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11788_5543159,00.html

Let's be realistic here - this is a huge game for NI and Lafferty has the chance to make himself a hero to his country in this game. I would be disappointed in any young man who wouldn't do anything to play, even he he wasn't fully fit.

Of course my priority is Rangers but if he plays, then I'm not going criticise. If he gets injured then that's the way it goes - could have happened against Motherwell.