Best team you have seen facing Rangers

Tumshie

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm of a kinda younger generation but i know teams like Juve in 94 and Valencia in 99 were awesome sides. But the best i can remember is probably Barcelona 07. The talent in that side was phenomenol. Man Utd wouldn't be far off either

Got to be Barca or Villareal. The difference in football was unreal, was a joy to watch.

Wouldn't say Villareal, they just ticked through Riquelmie(sp) who is one of the best players I have seen.

Best team I've actually seen in the flesh would have to be Barca in 2007 - even though they weren't firing on all cylinders that night. Iniesta and Xavi were just immense.

Will never forget Ronaldinho pinging a raking cross-field pass to Messi.... who's first touch to control the ball took the form of a nutmeg on Papac :anguish:

Red Star Belgrade.

They won the champions league the season we played them, early 90s I think, we drew with them at Ibrox but they were toying with us as they'd humped us in Belgrade already. They scored one of the best goals I've ever seen that night too. I've never seen a more skilful passing team than them, I believe they would have gone on to become a legendary team if the Balkans hadn't imploded politically.

Has a better midfield than Jugović, Mihajlović, Prosinečki and Savićević played against us at Ibrox?

Plus they are mentioned in a Billy Bragg song giving them a special place in my heart.

Got to be Marseille in 1992

they wiped the floor for us for 80 minutes until McSwegans header

what a tem - Barthez, Voller Abidi Pele, Deschampes, Boli, Desailly, Boksic, Sauzee, etc, etc

i would say more of a game of two halves, thought we were the better team in the 2nd half......

maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but they were definetely awesome in the first half

They were lightning quick on the break as well

On paper the best team we faced was Marseille 92/93, absolutely packed with world class players.

The best team I watched in person at Ibrox was the already mentioned Valencia side. Mendietta was sensational and scored a cracker. I remember this game most of all because I broke my mates nose when we scored. We both jumped as you do when the goal went in and I caught him with my elbow knocking him back onto his seat. ( By accident of course )

The best of all though probably was that Juventus side who trounced us ( 4-0 ) ? I think ? We just couldn't cope with them at all and I for one was glad to see the back of them.

On paper the best team we faced was Marseille 92/93, absolutely packed with world class players.

The best team I watched in person at Ibrox was the already mentioned Valencia side. Mendietta was sensational and scored a cracker. I remember this game most of all because I broke my mates nose when we scored. We both jumped as you do when the goal went in and I caught him with my elbow knocking him back onto his seat. ( By accident of course )

The best of all though probably was that Juventus side who trounced us ( 4-0 ) ? I think ? We just couldn't cope with them at all and I for one was glad to see the back of them.

Got to be Barca or Villareal. The difference in football was unreal, was a joy to watch.

Wouldn't say Villareal, they just ticked through Riquelmie(sp) who is one of the best players I have seen.

I thought Senna was the stand out for them..

Wouldn't say Villareal, they just ticked through Riquelme who is one of the best players I have seen.

nah no way, Senna was good but every single play went through Riquelme. His passing and vision were :drool:

Wouldn't say Villareal, they just ticked through Riquelme who is one of the best players I have seen.

nah no way, Senna was good but every single play went through Riquelme. His passing and vision were :drool:

yeah he played like mendes that night, but you cant miss senna out..he was also outstanding.

valencia for me tho

Got to be Marseille in 1992

they wiped the floor for us for 80 minutes until McSwegans header

what a tem - Barthez, Voller Abidi Pele, Deschampes, Boli, Desailly, Boksic, Sauzee, etc, etc

i would say more of a game of two halves, thought we were the better team in the 2nd half......

maybe my memory is playing tricks on me but they were definetely awesome in the first half

They were lightning quick on the break as well

Or it could be my memory…..the cheer that night when the 2nd goal went in was unbelievable, I would also say there fans were some of the best I have ever seen visiting ibrox…made a hell of a lot of noise….