Best team you have seen facing Rangers

Tumshie

In another thread was discussing with Papaguy the Valencia side which came to Ibrox in 1999 and blew us away ]. In the end we only lost 2-1 but in the first half they ripped us apart with their slick passing and movement. To be honest if it was another team rather than Rangers being ripped to bits it would have been a pleasure to watch. Just wondering the best team uv seen at Ibrox

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say you weren't far away with the Valencia side. Mendieta destroyed us. I'm amazed that he never became a household name for one of the top clubs.

I think the Juve side just edge it for me though.

I would say you weren't far away with the Valencia side. Mendieta destroyed us. I'm amazed that he never became a household name for one of the top clubs.

I think the Juve side just edge it for me though.

Aye, 'the Spanish Aberdeen' :rolleyes:

Probably Ajax in 1973.

Ajax and Juve in the mid 90s were great sides as well, and Valencia about 79.

Would that be the one with Cruyff, Neeskens, Muhren, Haan, etc? Just before there slight decline

Juve in the 90s were a very good side, as were Ajax again.

the marsaille side that boasted the likes of bartez,dechamps,desaille, voller, sauze, boksic, and boli were a great team at the time (probably the best atmoshere i've experienced at ibrox in the 2-2 game). Also when we faced paris saint germian with a midfield of arteta, ronaldinho, and jay jay okotcha they had a great team but i has got to be the juventus team that gubbed us home and away when marchello lippi was in charge as the best team in recent years to come to glasgow

Juventus - beat us 0-4 - Just remember the way they pinged the ball about an Stuart McCall running around like a headless chicken trying to stop them - they were applauded off they were so good!

I remember laughing when Del Piero turned wee Clelland in Turin. :lol:

What a team they were.

Ravanelli, Vialli and Del Piero up front.

Juventus - beat us 0-4 - Just remember the way they pinged the ball about an Stuart McCall running around like a headless chicken trying to stop them - they were applauded off they were so good!

was this not the game that steven wright who we had just signed from aberdeen did his cruciate ligament having a fresh air kick at del piero as he skinned him ?

i cant really agree with barca as i believe they were pretty poor that night and we actually had the best chance that night.

id agree valencia were amense and probably were better than the bayern team we faced. i thought the 3-2 home wing against porto was a great game and they were another side who knocked the ball about really well

I remember laughing when Del Piero turned wee Clelland in Turin. :lol:

Poor Alex could barely see for the 'red mist'....

Poor Alex right enough, imagine getting the chance to play for Rangers and people's stand-out memory is that you got made to look like a total fanny in the CL.

Poor Tefal.

Must've been Real Madrid but the Bayern team with Beckenbauer were no slouches. Also agree the Ajax team we played in the Super Cup. Juve and Valencia in the CL were great, in fact that Valencia team were probably the fastest and fittest team I can remember. They tore us up for arsepaper. So many teams so little time ! :sherlock:

Must've been Real Madrid but the Bayern team with Beckenbauer were no slouches. Also agree the Ajax team we played in the Super Cup. Juve and Valencia in the CL were great, in fact that Valencia team were probably the fastest and fittest team I can remember. They tore us up for arsepaper. So many teams so little time ! :sherlock:

showing your age now bluedignity !

showing your age now bluedignity !

I was still on the breast at those early games, I was 24 right enough, touch of the bitty !!!!! :sherlock: