Got a guy thrown out for saying/singing this....

Boab

Depends on what side you are on, or whether you have a side at all

No, if you are on the wrong side you are damned.

It is that simple.

No, not so simple, what if you dont give a hoot? What does it matter?

Or if you do, if your faith includes an afterlife, then surely you are ok anyway?

So everyone, catholic or protestant is going to heaven. it cuts the same both ways right?

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is that simple.

Or if you do, if your faith includes an afterlife, then surely you are ok anyway?

So everyone, catholic or protestant is going to heaven. it cuts the same both ways right?

No no it is that simple.

If you don't follow the correct faith (an incorrect one or not giving a hoot, it doesn't matter) you are damned.

But don't take my word for it, you will find out in good time.

Id like to pose a question. If this fan was repeatedly singing racist songs would it still be viewed as wrong to "grass" him in because he is another bear?

Can I just ask something. Say 7500 celtic fans were at Ibrox, in the Broomloan, singing IRA songs and generally calling us all orange bastards. On our own turf, without reproach.

How outraged would you be then? Outraged enough to muster a post?

Id like to pose a question. If this fan was repeatedly singing racist songs would it still be viewed as wrong to "grass" him in because he is another bear?

Can I just ask something. Say 7500 celtic fans were at Ibrox, in the Broomloan, singing IRA songs and generally calling us all orange bastards. On our own turf, without reproach.

(clap)

Once again people are using the actions of the great unwashed to try and justify unacceptable behaviour from a Rangers fan. It's like being back at school when you get caught fighting or swearing at someone and the universal response is "But miss he started it".

Isn't it time people started taking responsibility for their own actions, or at least put forward some positive arguments - rather than simply shouting "they started it".

Well said.

I know where the bigots are.

And I know who the greatest fans in the world are.

That's an easy one, I sit amongst them every other Saturday.

Once again people are using the actions of the great unwashed to try and justify unacceptable behaviour from a Rangers fan. It's like being back at school when you get caught fighting or swearing at someone and the universal response is "But miss he started it".

Isn't it time people started taking responsibility for their own actions, or at least put forward some positive arguments - rather than simply shouting "they started it".

"the great unwashed"? Did you open the curtains and check no-one was looking before you posted that? (harhar)

Who said I justified anything? It just smarts a bit that some people can in no way see the wood for the trees. Even if it is right in front of you, in not so glorious technicolor, extremely loud, and dare I say it, a bit unwashed.

"the great unwashed"? Did you open the curtains and check no-one was looking before you posted that? (harhar)

Who said I justified anything? It just smarts a bit that some people can in no way see the wood for the trees. Even if it is right in front of you, in not so glorious technicolor, extremely loud, and dare I say it, a bit unwashed.

LOL

Yes it is galling that the great unwashed can commit any crime under the sun and get away with it. "it's just the Craic and us celebrating our Irish heritage" seems to be a get out of jail free card.

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

If you don't follow the correct faith (an incorrect one or not giving a hoot, it doesn't matter) you are damned.

DS

That is one of the stupidest, most bigotted statements I've read on this forum. It's people like you who have given our club a bad name for years and will continue to drag us down with this garbage. How dare you call yourself a Rangers fan.

Alrite! Just thought i'd drop a wee bit of analysis by yeu'se as I started the thread.

---Calling your a grass, well this isnae Primary School. This is real life. And big people make big mistakes and big decisions.

---Thing is - you see a man or woman (I'll refrain from calling them a fan for the time being) stabbing somebody, do you forget about it and call the Police? Oh, you can'yt obviously as that mean you'd be a grass!

---Gaffbear is right to an extent but his seat was 10-15 seats and I couldn't walk that amount of stairs due to a walking disability I have anyway so really wisnae an option. The man also seemed under seemed under the influence, I don't mean just bigotry!

I thank Ted IB for his kind words, Danny for his defence and others backing me - I didn't want name every name and the comment about me is brave is humbling but I've shown more bravery than that in the past!

The Zero Tolerance I can respect the comments regarding the 3 strikes but, those words/'lyrics' are out of place anywhere. Imagine if that was about Muslims?

The Scab comment was vastly unnecessary also and it was bile the guy said. And also keeping to one's self is always an option but this is better for debate.

Lastly, one has to understand that the poster who said he didn't want to the games anymore was because of hearing things like I quoted - thats sad and understandable to an extent because after he weighs up his morals he can the look at it economically and of tickets, parking, etc and the latter options wouldn't matter if he was convinced he could and would have a pleasant matchday experience.

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

DS

That is one of the stupidest, most bigotted statements I've read on this forum. It's people like you who have given our club a bad name for years and will continue to drag us down with this garbage. How dare you call yourself a Rangers fan.

you have just made a silly statement as david staunton is a true rangers fan and travels all over to watch his team and he is no bigot far from it, and in my opinion is one of the best posters on this site.

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

DS

you have just made a silly statement as david staunton is a true rangers fan and travels all over to watch his team and he is no bigot far from it, and in my opinion is one of the best posters on this site.

What is David saying though? That any faith besides his own will lead to damnation of the soul? Admittedly I've not read the whole thing, so could someone clarify the remark.

On the surface, the mockery and insult of other faiths is surely against the doctrine of respect for one another?

So, someone come in and clear this one up for me please.

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

DS

I couldn't care less if DS has travelled the world 1000 times following Rangers........that doesn't mean he has the good of Rangers at heart. So-called fans spouting this kind of religious pish will continue to drag us down as long as we let them.

Either this is a Rangers forum free of religious hatred and bigotry or it's not. Which do you prefer?

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

DS

I couldn't care less if DS has travelled the world 1000 times following Rangers........that doesn't mean he has the good of Rangers at heart. So-called fans spouting this kind of religious pish will continue to drag us down as long as we let them.

Either this is a Rangers forum free of religious hatred and bigotry or it's not. Which do you prefer?

there is no bigotry allowed on this forum and david staunton is no bigot if he was the mods would have something to say about it.and as i say he is rangers through and through and what has he said that will drag us down?

Haven't you read his posts Minstral? There are people losing their lives....our servicemen among them.....because of the extremists who believe that all people who don't share the same branch of religion as them are wrong! Yet you think DS has said nothing wrong when he states;

"If you don't follow the correct faith....you are damned. It's that simple."

"If you're on the wrong side you're damned."

If I thought that a majority...or even a sizeable minority....of Rangers fans thought the same I'd never go to another game.

Is Amoruso damned? Mo Johnston perhaps? Is it ALL or just the ones who haven't played for Rangers?

Oh my my...what have I missed ?

A theological debate and.. surprise surprise.... we have a fellow Bear being labelled a "bigot"

Well can I ask that those who have labelled DS a "bigot"....are you going to do likewise to the current Pope and the previous one ?

Feast of the Transfiguration on 6 August 2000

Dominus Iesus, a document prepared by Ratzinger's Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith and ratified by John Paul II, was a sophisticated vehicle for putting an end to any nonsense about other faiths or branches of the Church having access to The Truth.

In short, the decree asserts the Primacy of the Bishop of Rome, on the usual shaky theological premises, and regrets that Episcopal churches are not yet in full communion with the institution he heads. This is a better deal than lesser churches get; those not considered to have preserved the apostolic line are deemed to be "not Churches in the proper sense". And other religions, while perhaps possessing insights, do not participate in salvation.

For those who find theological writing a bit heavy....the clue is in the "do not participate in salvation"

And it is not unique to those of the Catholic faith either.....both the Mormons and the Jehovahs Witnessess have similar doctrines regarding salvation.

What is David saying though? That any faith besides his own will lead to damnation of the soul? Admittedly I've not read the whole thing, so could someone clarify the remark.

On the surface, the mockery and insult of other faiths is surely against the doctrine of respect for one another?

So, someone come in and clear this one up for me please.

My interpretation of what DS said is not a biggotted one. All I understand from his statement is that if you are a Protestant then the view is that Catholics are going to hell?? If you are a Catholic then you think that protestants are going to hell. Its a little quirk of following one religion that the ones you do not follow assume that you are damned. Of course the fact the Catholics and Protestants are essentially the same religion namley Christianity only makes the whole thing more ridiculous and the fact that three of the major religions that are involved in todays religious wars actually worship the same God (Islam, Christianity and Judaism)

Just to further the controversy, I believe religion to be nothing more than control of the populace through fables and stories. Albeit they have good intentions and indeed have worked very well at suppressing the hoi polloi down the ages and giving them the best moral guidance of the era, I think religion has had its time and that other methods of controlling the populace are taking shape. I think we will rue the day that the new methods take over the old completely as they seem primarily based on fear. Fear through first the cold war and nuclear armaggeddon and latterly fear through the constant threat of terrorism. Mind you religion was also based on "the fear of God" so really not much changes

However I am WAAAYYY of topic of a Rangers Football Club Forum. Hatred of any form has no place in a football stadium religious, racial, sexist or any other denomination.....it is, after all, just a game.....

Haven't you read his posts Minstral? There are people losing their lives....our servicemen among them.....because of the extremists who believe that all people who don't share the same branch of religion as them are wrong! Yet you think DS has said nothing wrong when he states;

"If you don't follow the correct faith....you are damned. It's that simple."

"If you're on the wrong side you're damned."

If I thought that a majority...or even a sizeable minority....of Rangers fans thought the same I'd never go to another game.

Is Amoruso damned? Mo Johnston perhaps? Is it ALL or just the ones who haven't played for Rangers?

Part of the problem is you seem to think that everybody who is not of the same opinion as yourself is a bigot going by your reference to our servicemen being killed and DS's comments I live half my life on a compound surrounded by army, only this week we are under increased alert after 3 French expats were shot dead. Does that mean that all Saudi Arabians are bigots? After all their Koran tells how everyone who is not a Muslim is an Infedel and 99.9% of them devote lives to Islam. Christianity like all other religions is not tolerated here.

Are you the bigot because you don't believe as others do?

I know this discussion should be moved to tge debating board as it has moved from being a Rangers thread to a religious, howvere, if I could throw in my tuppence worth.

DS did not say anything that could be construed as bigotted, because that is how religion works, that is how christianity became divisive. Different interpretations of the same scripture. Catholics believe non-catholics are damned and vice versa. That is how it works, it does not make one a bigot. A few years ago the debate on separate schooling was high in the agenda and Archbishop Winning came out with "Don't send our children to heathen schools", if said by anyone else this would have been taken as a bigotted statement, but because he was the highest ranking Catholic official in Scotland, it got printed front page of the papers and nothing more. My point is you need to be careful who you tar as a bigot, because like everything else one man's bigot is another man's friend.

Oh my my...what have I missed ?

A theological debate and.. surprise surprise.... we have a fellow Bear being labelled a "bigot"

Still pretty tame in comparison to what people on here are labeled by your favoured forum.

I think WreckedRoy has the wrong end of the stick when it comes to DS though.

I know this discussion should be moved to tge debating board as it has moved from being a Rangers thread to a religious, howvere, if I could throw in my tuppence worth.

DS did not say anything that could be construed as bigotted, because that is how religion works, that is how christianity became divisive. Different interpretations of the same scripture. Catholics believe non-catholics are damned and vice versa. That is how it works, it does not make one a bigot. A few years ago the debate on separate schooling was high in the agenda and Archbishop Winning came out with "Don't send our children to heathen schools", if said by anyone else this would have been taken as a bigotted statement, but because he was the highest ranking Catholic official in Scotland, it got printed front page of the papers and nothing more. My point is you need to be careful who you tar as a bigot, because like everything else one man's bigot is another man's friend.

Well said DO.

It is that simple.

No no it is that simple.

DS

Hmm...

Interesting.

In what way is it bigotted to write the truth based on Scripture?

How does this give the Club a bad name?

How am I dragging you down?

Why should I not call myself a Rangers fan? I am one after all.

My friend, just because you don't or won't follow the correct spiritual path does not make the Lord's teaching garbage.

Why thank you for your kind words minstral.