Got a guy thrown out for saying/singing this....

Boab

Catholics go to Hell;

Protestants go to Heaven;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

He's a smear on our club imo - and doesn't deserve to be a supporter with such poison.

Danny' if the fans were to be the way you wanted there would be about ten Rangers fans at every game

Everybody that I know who go to matches is the complete opposite from what you are saying they shouuld be like

You are clearly on a different planet from us guys who you think are not welcome at RFC

We willnever go away....guaranteed

i must admit all my mates are the same

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

You are making that up...nobody comes away with pesh like that at Rangers matches yer just stirrin it up

Was he from the jolly good show chaps sort of fans..aye very good pal

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Yer taking this grassing PC shit to far IB.......watch yer back...... <_< ....youll pay the price.... ;)

Dont go throwing round threats mate as if anything happens to him its you that in for it.

:lol::lol: ...I`ll be getten it !!! big hard keyboard warrior buddy, are ye IB`S minder.... :box::lol:

For yer imformation we always agree to disagree....Im pointing out to him its a dangerous practice grassing

as it will bite him on the arse eventually...once a grass always a grass.... :ph34r:

Keyboard warrior listen to yerself your the one that threatened IB and know im not his minder i don't even know him or where the hell's he from

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Your a real hero guy,did you have to come on RM and tell us all how clever you are?When you know the Mhedia get most of their dirt reading comments on our boards,you probably already phoned them anyway. Well done! :rolleyes:

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Your a real hero guy,did you have to come on RM and tell us all how clever you are?When you know the Mhedia get most of their dirt reading comments on our boards,you probably already phoned them anyway. Well done! :rolleyes:

Nope, not at all, its not as if I'm a new poster.

What I find puzzling is that some are so keen for these kind of people to be reported to the club but think we should just ignore people like McNee who are doing just as much damage to our good name.

Songs about catholics are outdated, pointless and should be discouraged from Ibrox. As should journalists who want to label us ALL bigots without good reason.

Was this a first offence IB? Or was this a persistant problem?

That is an interesting point.

I would much prefer Rangers employed an education strategy rather than boot out fans and serve 10 years bans immediately. We do need to rid Ibrox of some unnecessary baggage and education is a better way of persuasion for these people.

If that doesn't work then by all means ban the people who won't appreciate their club's policy of being a place for all.

Good question Kev, I recall he done it - more of a chant than a song - I would say 4 or 5 times I seen and thought that ,as he, stuck out a stuck out a like sore thumb those times because nobody was either singing with him or standing up, and I thought that the Rock steady guy or the Policeman would see it but nobody seemed to react. So I did wait.

I just thought '' this is out of order'' so I went and said to the Policeman and quoted ,as I have to the RM members here, what he said and he said he'd look into it, and the wee Rock Steady guy interrupted and said ''Oh, I noticed it'' and I'm thinking to myself that if he noticed then why didn't he didn't do anything about it?!

Catholics go to Hell;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

Yer taking this grassing PC shit to far IB.......watch yer back...... <_< ....youll pay the price.... ;)

Dont go throwing round threats mate as if anything happens to him its you that in for it.

:lol::lol: ...I`ll be getten it !!! big hard keyboard warrior buddy, are ye IB`S minder.... :box::lol:

For yer imformation we always agree to disagree....Im pointing out to him its a dangerous practice grassing

as it will bite him on the arse eventually...once a grass always a grass.... :ph34r:

Keyboard warrior listen to yerself your the one that threatened IB and know im not his minder i don't even know him or where the hell's he from

The threat wouldnt be from me my friend...as I dont know him either...

but another who surely would..... :ph34r:

That is an interesting point.

I would much prefer Rangers employed an education strategy rather than boot out fans and serve 10 years bans immediately. We do need to rid Ibrox of some unnecessary baggage and education is a better way of persuasion for these people.

If that doesn't work then by all means ban the people who won't appreciate their club's policy of being a place for all.

Agreed m8. Give 'em a chance at redemption, but frankly - the kind of speech mentioned originally is the kind of material that has got us in so much hot water with everyone. It's ignorant, outdated, and is the reason so many tar all RFC supporters with the same brush.

I am sick to my back teeth of being labelled a bigot when I wear my Gers gear just because some idiots give our club a bad name.

I find it amusing that so many take such offense at the idea of "grassing" someone with these views when they know in their hearts that this kind of thought is poisonous and dead wrong (and this applies to loads of 'tic supporters as well). Often easier to take the comfy road than to take the right one, but the right one should be chosen regardless.

Id like to pose a question. If this fan was repeatedly singing racist songs would it still be viewed as wrong to "grass" him in because he is another bear?

Both are equally bad an unacceptable IMO.

But as I say, I think there are better methods of dealing with these kind of people than immediate bans and throwing them out. OK, education might not remove bigotry from those where it is deeply ingrained but it's a more positive way of dealing with those who offend.

The problem is that there is a kind of siege mentality amongst many bears right now. They see constant attacks on our club in the media which go unchallenged every other week. It then gets to the stage where some people say why try to improve if the improvement isn't noted.

I'd say there has been an incredible improvement amongst our fans in recent years. However, that doesn't seem to be enough for some and the attacks continue. What we need is a stronger club who not only criticise the fans when required but praise and defend them in the strongest possible way.

That isn't happening and that's why some problems (and they are minimal) exist. Indeed, it's causing divisions in our support which is completely counter-productive.

All because of a lack of leadership.

What I find puzzling is that some are so keen for these kind of people to be reported to the club but think we should just ignore people like McNee who are doing just as much damage to our good name.

Songs about catholics are outdated, pointless and should be discouraged from Ibrox. As should journalists who want to label us ALL bigots without good reason.

that is agreat point we are turning on each other and letting the real enemy off scot free

that is agreat point we are turning on each other and letting the real enemy off scot free

these people are supplying mcnee and the likes ammunition.

Sometimes, yes they do. And that's why the deserve our condemnation and action.

However, sometimes we do nothing and we still get the criticism. Today Gerry McNee continued to blacken our name (you and I) by calling us bigots for doing the bouncy.

Why do we accept such lies? Why shouldn't we challenge them? If not, what alternative strategies are there?

We do';t see lies about Celtic in any newspapers do we? In fact we don't even read the truth very often. Is that because they ignore the media? No, it's because they are proactive in dealing with them.

I love the sanctimonious twaddle of 'never grassing up a fellow bear' - so that means if someone supports Rangers they're immune?

What absolute claptrap and it makes me sick. Do what's best for the club, and get off your high horses - if someone is doing something to hurt this club, THEY'RE more important?

Nah, not in my book.

i think we're raging he grassed him up, cos we were all singin along to it too

Then it's supporters like you lot we can do without imo.

Don't you realise this BS hurts the club, its reputation, and its heritage?

yea and its also made it a lot of money through the years too

Which doesn't make it acceptable.

Sometimes, yes they do. And that's why the deserve our condemnation and action.

However, sometimes we do nothing and we still get the criticism. Today Gerry McNee continued to blacken our name (you and I) by calling us bigots for doing the bouncy.

Why do we accept such lies? Why shouldn't we challenge them? If not, what alternative strategies are there?

We do';t see lies about Celtic in any newspapers do we? In fact we don't even read the truth very often. Is that because they ignore the media? No, it's because they are proactive in dealing with them.

If he has had a dig at the bouncy then yes he should be challenged about it. I do not even see where the bigot connection has come from regarding the bouncy. Doesnt seem to matter what we do someone will make up some nonsense to make it seem bigoted (im thinking bigotted socks as an example)

I'm afraid the time for 'dignified' silence has come to an end and we must defend ourselves from unjustified attack - yes there are some aspects that may deserve condemnation but there is a lot of unjustified and unsubstantiated accusations labelled against us the must be challenged or they will continue and 'urban myths' will become believed by the masses

Getting back to the initial question, yes I think it was definitely appropriate that you highlighted what the guy was saying, and yes I think he should definitely be banned from the stadium.

Moronic singing like that should not be accepted at all.

That is exactly what puts me off going to games. Don't want to surround myself with people like him. Setanta and Rangers TV instead.