Got a guy thrown out for saying/singing this....

Boab

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catholics go to Hell;

Protestants go to Heaven;

And just as fucking well

At Ibrox

What has this got to do with supporting Rangers? He is insulting the many Catholics that have worn the Rangers jersey with pride over the last decade or so.

must be honest i have never heard any rangers fans shouting they words. :rolleyes:

Im sad to say i have

im surprised about that kev their is no excuse for using the words he was shouting but i would still have asked him to stop and given him a chance,even then i could bring myself to report him thats why there is rock steady and police at the ground.

I sit in front of 2 or 3 bigots every other Saturday but I wouldnt consider grassing them in. The support would be dividied passionatly over this wetehr to grass or not. I dont think I could grass up a fellow fan.

I sit in front of 2 or 3 bigots every other Saturday but I wouldnt consider grassing them in. The support would be dividied passionatly over this wetehr to grass or not. I dont think I could grass up a fellow fan.

Same here.

I love the sanctimonious twaddle of 'never grassing up a fellow bear' - so that means if someone supports Rangers they're immune?

What absolute claptrap and it makes me sick. Do what's best for the club, and get off your high horses - if someone is doing something to hurt this club, THEY'RE more important?

Nah, not in my book.

i think we're raging he grassed him up, cos we were all singin along to it too

Then it's supporters like you lot we can do without imo.

Don't you realise this BS hurts the club, its reputation, and its heritage?

I am with you on this one Danny. We don't need this bile at Ibrox especially with woman and children around.

Altho I dont agree with grassing up a fellow bear, I took my son to Alan McLarens testmonial-His 1st game & was embarrassed to hear the songs that wre sung & tried 2 defend it.

Its bears like that which make thhe atmosphere as shite as it is at games now.I vowed I would never take my son back to Ibrox again.We need songs that take away the element of sectarianism but Im 2 drunk to go on anymore.Gnite ya all

The Club asks the fans to report sectarian/rascist behaviour for the good of the Club. He was well within his rights to report it. It is up to the police to take it from there. The Club and it's reputation are more important than some simpleton with a big mouth.

Personally, I would have approached the individual concerned and asked him to stop it, but I can understand why he didn't. Afterall, a Rock Steady employee was slashed on the face for pulling up a Rangers fan for sectarian chanting at Parkhead a while ago. The irony is the rock Steady employee was himself a Rangers fan.

I would never grass a fellow fan up, but I definately would grass someone up about shouting this kind of drivel that is no longer welcome at Ibrox, these guys aren't fans they are morons that are determined to get our club into even more bother with the SFA and UEFA.

We need to grass these people up, as has already been highlighted the security and police won't do anything until someone has highlighted the fact even if they already noticed it!

And to people that say that if these guys got banned then Ibrox would be empty, this also is drivel, do you really think that rangers only have the 45000-50000 fans that attend the matches?

Guest TheQueensXI

racism and absent-minded bigotry have no place in a football ground.

well done mate. who cares if he likes catholics or not, and why should he be chanting about it in a football stadium?

Id like to pose a question. If this fan was repeatedly singing racist songs would it still be viewed as wrong to "grass" him in because he is another bear?

Both are equally bad an unacceptable IMO.

But as I say, I think there are better methods of dealing with these kind of people than immediate bans and throwing them out. OK, education might not remove bigotry from those where it is deeply ingrained but it's a more positive way of dealing with those who offend.

The problem is that there is a kind of siege mentality amongst many bears right now. They see constant attacks on our club in the media which go unchallenged every other week. It then gets to the stage where some people say why try to improve if the improvement isn't noted.

I'd say there has been an incredible improvement amongst our fans in recent years. However, that doesn't seem to be enough for some and the attacks continue. What we need is a stronger club who not only criticise the fans when required but praise and defend them in the strongest possible way.

That isn't happening and that's why some problems (and they are minimal) exist. Indeed, it's causing divisions in our support which is completely counter-productive.

All because of a lack of leadership.

Weed them out, throw them out and then ban them - they have no tolerance so why should the club? It may not remove the problem from society but it sure would remove it from Ibrox

Supposedly this is a society problem - then lets throw them out of football grounds for society to deal with them

Well this is certainly an active thread.

In all my years I have never heard that song, would I have reported him NO.

We need to stand as one support, Yes the guy was an idiot and I would prefer fan power to sort it out.

Fan power? Sorry mate but I cannot believe that would work. That is why it is still a problem in the year 2007. No, IMO, let security throw them out, but not before we have their ID and their season ticket book. Ban them all - it's the only way forward

Well this is certainly an active thread.

In all my years I have never heard that song, would I have reported him NO.

We need to stand as one support, Yes the guy was an idiot and I would prefer fan power to sort it out.

It's the second verse to

Do you know where hell is

Hell is in the Falls

Heaven is in Shankill

We'll guard old Derry's walls.

Oh i was born under a Union Jack

put it this way, i cant even light up a cigarette in a stadium but its okay for someone to should bile about another religion?

i find it a tad amsuing that you stand up for tolerance of all but your user name is the Queens XI, when the royals could be described as anti catholic too

put it this way, i cant even light up a cigarette in a stadium but its okay for someone to should bile about another religion?

i find it a tad amsuing that you stand up for tolerance of all but your user name is the Queens XI, when the royals could be described as anti catholic too

Don't tell DA you said that, he will get all angry and defensive

see when you think about it, how do rangers fans get slated for being anti catholic etc (i tend to think its more anti Irish rebels than anything else) when its so blatant in the royal family which is head of state but they seem to be allowed to carry on no questions asked, whats that all about? personally i've no problems with it but dont see why the gers should be getting it tight

Catholics go to Hell;

Protestants go to Heaven

Well nobody has pointed out that theologically speaking this is correct.

Haha...it is ironic though that someone could actually think that they would be considered as a good person while they spout bigotry in public.

see when you think about it, how do rangers fans get slated for being anti catholic etc (i tend to think its more anti Irish rebels than anything else) when its so blatant in the royal family which is head of state but they seem to be allowed to carry on no questions asked, whats that all about? personally i've no problems with it but dont see why the gers should be getting it tight

To be fair L&T - you go to any home match in the last 20 years and lesten to the bile frm the terraces or seats - we have brought that image on ourselves