Billy boys-UEFA directive

GeneralCartmanLee

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only two choices exist for Rangers fans:

1. Choose to change the words and bring the chant and the roar back.

2. Choose to never sing it in stadiums again and listen to every other club in Britain - and even Cricket fans now - murder it.

Hmmmm... tough one.... <cr>

Yet apparently the supporters groups like The Blue Order etc... would rather choose option 2 than option 1 - and they're supposed to be trying to IMPROVE the atmosphere! doh

Bring back the Billy Boys for the first old firm game and see how we go.

If there's a backlash, change the words to.........."We'r upto our knees in mushy peas" :P

That should be good enough, considering they are still allowed to sing rebel songs without it making the papers.

Bring back the Billy Boys for the first old firm game and see how we go.

If there's a backlash, change the words to.........."We'r upto our knees in mushy peas" :P

That should be good enough, considering they are still allowed to sing rebel songs without it making the papers.

Love it.

every week the tims turn popehead into an irish themepark pre kick off.they get away with this claiming their "heritage".questions that should be being asked are why does the union flag not fly over the big jock knewcamp,are they not british .how many of their supporters hold aloft the saltire not many.

rangers should introduce orange flashing on the home jersey and the away top should be fuck off bright orange (like valencia away)and when this is questioned the reply should be "away you go and don't be so silly"

2. Choose to never sing it in stadiums again and listen to every other club in Britain - and even Cricket fans now - murder it.

Yet apparently the supporters groups like The Blue Order etc... would rather choose option 2 than option 1 - and they're supposed to be trying to IMPROVE the atmosphere! doh

Changing the words would murder it.

then someone should write to uefa and get all that fekin pro irish pish banned

cos it really sickens me that timmy get to sing anything they please and we can sing Nothing about our heritage

anyway that will never happen as uefa had a chance to view pro ira singing by the tims and they didnt want to do anything about it

i hear often on here we shouldnt sink to the scums level and start reporting what they sing but on the other hand why shouldnt we when getting sanctions against our club is the inevitable, my own opinion is we should refrain from doing the singing till we are squeeky clean and leave the only option left, pursue the scum for there own chanting, if we are clean and leave no option but the focus of there singing to come under scrutiny then we can only be in a win win situation, only then if there is still nowt done to the dark side then we have cause to complain, and then if nothing is done we can sing to our hearts content because it is wrong to do to one and not the other

Option Two for you then. Exactly the problem, choosing silence over the best chant we ever had. I just dont get it.

(and if you think what "made" the chant the intimidating roar, that was our calling card home and abroad for a generation, was the mumbled line about f****n blood, you're mistaken)

So you're wrong there, changing the words wouldnt "murder it" in the slightest.

Rangers words to the exact same tune, would make it MORE relevant to us IMO, not less.

Option Two for you then. Exactly the problem, choosing silence over the best chant we ever had. I just dont get it.

(and if you think what "made" the chant the intimidating roar, that was our calling card home and abroad for a generation, was the mumbled line about f****n blood, you're mistaken)

Rangers words to the exact same tune, would make it MORE relevant to us IMO, not less.

The bears are loud and proud away from home, bringing back the TBB won't sort out the home games for games against Hamilton etc. If I can't sing we are up to our knees in fenain blood then I don't want to sing it at all. Your suggestions would get laughed off RSC's buses.

It sounded epic, but the lyrics of 'The Billy Boys' were ludicrous. I wish we could retain the huge 'heeeeeeeellllllo' sound but I'd rather do away with it if need be.

UEFA get pelters from everyone but, really, I can't fault their dealings with us over the last few years. Remember, they could have hammered us for the idiotic 'red hand salutes' in Israel.

We should sing "The Rangers Chorus" instead! Brilliant song.

Seems the obvious choice to me (tu)

Seems the obvious choice to me (tu)

Cant we change KNEES to NECKS....... :gerbad::gerbad::gerbad::gerbad: