Stevie Naismith

minstral

I thought he had a great game tonight and is getting better every time i see him, he does a lot of work going forward and tracking back. After the bad injury he had he has came back and showing us what a good player he is. :)

Never doubted him Minstral,he's going to be huge for us,wait and see. (tu)

Always said he would come good.

He was the best talent in Scotland a few years back. He has taken time to settle, lack of games and injury never helped, but now he will prove his worth.

I agree,

The only question I have lingering about Naismith is what his position in the future is? Do we keep grooming him as a winger or eventually move him to striker?

Was great tonight.

Will stick Naisy's take on the match in here while I'm in here: :)

STEVEN NAISMITH has hailed Rangers hard fought draw in Stuttgart as the perfect foundation on which to build a successful Champions League campaign.

On a night when the only other away teams to collect points in the continent's top club competition were Barcelona and Arsenal, Naisy reckons the Gers can draw confidence from their second half display.

The young striker almost grabbed a late winner for his side as the Light Blues enjoyed the better of the closing stages after Madjid Bougherra's 77th minute leveller cancelled out Pavel Pogrebnyak's opener.

He said: "It was a great night and especially on the back of the second half performance we really deserved to get something and that's exactly what we did.

"We have to take the positives from the late chances because tonight we came and showed that we can handle it at this level.

"I had a wee chance myself but the ball bounced just as it came to me and when I took the touch it just skidded off the grass away from me.

"I managed to make it through the tackle though and if I'm being critical I should maybe have gone with my left but the keeper has made a good save."

Naismith did have praise for the man who found the net after Bougherra's marauding forward run saw the big Algerian score a goal that any of his striking colleagues would have been proud of.

"Sometimes the big man gets on his bike and just bombs up the park and tonight it really paid off for us and in the end we had a couple of chances and might have won it late on.

"But they are a very good side with plenty of experience and some really good players so they will be a threat to other teams in the group.

"Tonight we showed tonight that we could handle that threat and that's a real plus for us."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1799366,00.html

I did enjoy his new endeavour to make his presence felt in the game, but thought he was luck not to pickup a serious injury or get sent off for the two tackles towards the end of the game, as another Ref could have look upon these incidents in a different way

He seems to be warming to the task. Seems a lot stronger and must have spent a lot of time in the gym. Glad to see it's paying off

You're right and it rang a bell:

He told the Rangers News: "I felt I was starting to adapt to being here when the injury came along.

"But maybe it wasn't a bad thing as I was able to spend time in the gym getting stronger. Some young boys play football nonstop from an early age and risk burn out."

http://www.<No links to this website>/football/spl/...86908-21557956/

Super Ally hailed Naismith after his first start for his country. And he insists it was reward for the frontman after a battle back from cruciate surgery.

He said: "Naismith was magic. I was thrilled for him.

"I told him that all those hours in the gym had been worthwhile.

"There were days when the boys went out training and he couldn't go.

"His face would be tripping him so nobody deserved this cap more than him.

"He was up against an old Rangers player in Gio van Bronckhorst and I've no doubt he can become a regular in the Scotland set-up.

"The injury has made him grow up a little. He was never immature but the injury made him take a hard look at what he wants to do. He has a determination to do well."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/s...in-my-eyes.html

He seems to be warming to the task. Seems a lot stronger and must have spent a lot of time in the gym. Glad to see it's paying off

aye, naisys gym work is paying off

unlike a wee cunt called burke - who still looks like he'd shit a 50/50 with beasley haha

plus - i agree with a lot of you lads, naisy will be a big player for us this season, £2m well spent :)