Rothen = End for Fleck?

Bobby83

Rothen has the experience (one of Walters main turn ons in a man) and looked dangerous against the Sheep.

He has at least a couple of seasons in him and with Smith and the gang looking likely to stay for atleast that long would this suggest that Flecks chances will be very limited this season?

Or how about John Fleck is played in his proper role, with Jerome Rothen out on the left ;)

Only a really exeptional 17/18 year old would come into a team a play cm; for example Fabregas, as yet nothing about John Fleck from his big time attitude to his fitness would suggest he is in that class. Playing 15 yards to the left of where he really wants to be shouldn't prevent him from being able to pass the ball to someone in blue. Yes everyone performs better in their 1st choice position but he is an attacking left footed midfielder so playing from the left he should still be able to show us something.

Or how about John Fleck is played in his proper role, with Jerome Rothen out on the left ;)

Only a really exeptional 17/18 year old would come into a team a play cm; for example Fabregas, as yet nothing about John Fleck from his big time attitude to his fitness would suggest he is in that class. Playing 15 yards to the left of where he really wants to be shouldn't prevent him from being able to pass the ball to someone in blue. Yes everyone performs better in their 1st choice position but he is an attacking left footed midfielder so playing from the left he should still be able to show us something.

Until he's given a chance in his proper position, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11. I just don't get all the hype surrounding the lad.

Fraser Fyvie, Aberdeen's 16 year old midfielder looks a lot better than Fleck.

Until he's given a chance in his proper position, I wouldn't have him anywhere near the starting 11. I just don't get all the hype surrounding the lad.

I agree but the point i'm making is that if he was as good as we were told he was he would show more glimpses of it even from lm.

I agree but the point i'm making is that if he was as good as we were told he was he would show more glimpses of it even from lm.

Don't like him out there at all, and even although that is him out of position, it shouldn't stop him from being able to control a simple ball, make a 5 yard pass....but then again, our so-called better players struggle to do this, but I know where you are coming from.

Even if Fleck was a left mid, having two would hardly be a problem considering how many games we have

Luckily for Fleck, Walter seems to think hes useful in a number of positions, so as long as he is performing, theyll be plenty of opportunity for him

What's this talk of CM?

Fleck is a forward, or at deepest, a second striker!

Although different players, I was only comparing him to Fraser Fyvie as the Aberdeen player is younger, and has contributed, and looked a lot more effective.

I thought Fleck's more a central player. Hes no left winger anyways (tu)

exactly i was just about to say that i couldnt agree more.

so to answer the question, no fleck will still play

So you think Smith would play him centrally? come on....

i cant believe some of the flak you are giving fleck...he is just a kid ffs, and if i remember correctly, he did pick up a couple of motm awards last term? Not bad for someone at such a young age...he can only improve and will likely see him in a central role over the next year or so - he is the future of this club