Aaron reflects on Rangers

Boab

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Velicka is away to Bristol City as I thought - he was put on loan down to get him match fit and get his scoring boots on again - times like we have been facing makes you wonder what he may have been doing -goal wise ?

I Hope THAT he is not down there so he can be watched and prices can be put in for him...... he is a great goal scorer in the same mould as Boydy(maybe a bit more flexible) player IMO and with Rothen's crosses and Smith's from the otherside Velicka will score without a doubt - but I will have to check how long he is on loan and if we can call him back at any time ? - at least we are getting the fringe players full games in a great league Boab would you not agree ? !

We should also be looking to give young Rory Loy a run up front - donno if you have watched the kid but he is a deadly finisher, but at least he is making the bench in some games - it's a start - Follow on REGARDLESS :praise: We shall not be moved

Velicka did go out on loan but got injured within 10 or so minutes of his City debut.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ity/8209239.stm

I agree about Loy though, I like him.

Sorry mate - I never knew he got injured down there ffs he is what we need just now - maybe big Laffy can start powering through the centre up front and deal with swing balls from our midfield flair players.............Sorry dude -never meant to undermine you about Velicka but I see you have also watched Rory in action - surely he will feature, even if it is in Scottish Cup early rounds against Elgin or Annan Athletica for eg. Too many kids are not getting the 30 m ins they need at least, some get 5 mins and to me that is pointless. :blush:

No worries while its something I agree with about giving Murray Park players 25-30 minutes combined with starts but that doesn't seem Walter tbh at all. We can often be up at home by maybe 2 goals and then no young player comes on when it seems so apt.

Btw, see this mate: http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php?...t&p=3765250

I feel for the lad FFs he came to Rangers and scored in his first match - then he was injured for the majority of the season....worked hard to get fit again and Walter tended to overlook him as he has with Boyd many a time, but then Velicka got his break and I think he scored a goal a game in 6 was it ?

whatever it was he was sharp and is a big lad, good in the air as well.....surely Walter noticed he was maybe worth a first team spot until he stopped scoring BUT YET AGAIN the lad gets injured - some players have no effin luck Boab.

We still have ma mate Kirk to return, Boydie is now injured, big Mo Edu and Beasley ( I have written an article for the site on these two, have a swatch when it's printed and let me know what your thoughts are on the piece mate.......Naismith is also out (not sure how long) another player with bad luck injury ways.......when we get all fit - we can count Edu & Beasley as new players LOL - get well soon lads ! :uk:

Whenever I think of Aaron's spell here, the question that always comes to mind is - would he have been any worse an option on the left than Stevie Smith, McCulloch, or even Beasley (who I rate, but that's another argument). Think we all know the answer to that is no.

Said exactly the same thing myself ten or twenty times on here.