Tony Noboaby and Paul le Guen

sillybilly

having thought about it, i can see similarities between noboaby and le guen. both young managers who had a bit of sucess with their previous clubs, with players assembled by previous mangers. when arriving at ibrox, le guen opted to buy sebo, a forward that could'nt buy a goal no matter how much effort he put in, noboaby goes and buys fortune of the same ilk. also le guen, like noboaby never went out to buy a commanding centre half that could head the ball away from the danger area, and plays fullbacks that dont get back to stop crosses. both managers talked of playing attractive, attacking football with one main striker helped by two attacking players supporting from the wide areas. and there is also the fact you cant really understand what either manager is saying. le guen brought his own down fall by sticking to his laurels with his style of football in a league where as soon as you take your first touch you have an opposition player running at you at 100 miles an hour with a look in their eyes that says 'your going up in the air'. le guen found out in scotland that there is a different mentality and i can see noboabys side having a bit of trouble if he thinks they can continue to play tippy tappy football front and back with no dig. well heres hoping !

mobray is winning games thats the difference. they are still top of the league lets calm down PLG was a disgrace drawing every bloody game and being good in europe. Mobray has been shite in europe. lets just wait a while and see

"However, Le Guen made a poor start to his Ibrox career. His record across his first ten league games was the worst start to a season by an Old Firm debutant since John Greig's team won only two, drew six and lost two of their opening ten games in 1978-79."

started off not bad?

Le Guen can manage though. He explained why he failed, and I agree with him, he underestimated the SPL.

That doesn't sound like someone that can manage.....

If he hadn't underestimated the SPL, and made some proper signings, then I think everything would have been different. Even then, we played some nice football in Europe. The guy knew what he was doing, but he failed here.

Le Guen can manage though. He explained why he failed, and I agree with him, he underestimated the SPL.

If he hadn't underestimated the SPL, and made some proper signings, then I think everything would have been different. Even then, we played some nice football in Europe. The guy knew what he was doing, but he failed here.

ye was he not undefeated in europe?

Mowbray's had money to spend.

Le Guen didn't get anywhere near what he was promised because McLeish came third in a two-horse race.

Correctemundo (tu)

If your main target is Elmander and you end up with Sebo then you know you've been led up shit creak.

:lol:

ye was he not undefeated in europe?

Against the might of Molde, Livorno, Auxerre and Partizan.

Mowbray's had money to spend.

Le Guen didn't get anywhere near what he was promised because McLeish came third in a two-horse race.

Correctemundo (tu)

If your main target is Elmander and you end up with Sebo then you know you've been led up shit creak.

:lol:

I can't even imagine what it would be like.

If you believe the rumour mill PLG had visions of Skrtel, Govou and Elmander.

He got Svensson, Sionko and Sebo.

:anguish:

Bob Skrtel, Johan Elmander, and Sidney Govou would have cost a combined fee of at least £18m - there was not a chance of Paul Le Guen being given that amount of money to spend, along with the other names that he was rumoured to be interested in.

Instead he brought in some of the worst players I have ever seen; Filip Sebo, Karl Svensson, Lionel Letizi....

Mowbray spent £7.6m

Le Guen spent £4.25m - along with the rumours that Le Guen didn't spend all the money he had available, which if true?, is absolutely crazy considering we lost Ricksen, Lovenkrands, Kyrgiakos, Waterraus, Andrews....

How do getting relegated with West Brom and winning the French league with Lyon both come under the heading of 'relative success'?

Make no mistake, PLG was by far a bigger coup for us than Moperay was for them.

Mowbary has probably already won more games than le guen already, and mowbary is honking so god knows what that says for le guen.....

He was a big coup at the time but i have never felt more let down by a rangers "signing" in my life.

Mowbray - 3rd chocie for the mhanky mob

Le Guen - wanted by a string of euro clubs and the rangers got him...fucking great coup by murray. Everybody cannot say at the time he got appointed, we were ll very happy as we knew he had been in the spotlight for a few years with lyon.

Sadly he did underestimate the SPHell and thats werwe he fucked up big time and this episode will live with him forever...

TBH.. No comparison at all. PLG actually WON titles in Frande. Moperay plays beautiful footie and loses.

Problem is: Moperay's current ugly side don't even play 'nice'. The scum deserve the huddle originator.

I guess he just wanted young boys to bend over. No breaking news there.

Where is the bold paul this weather ? Takin some time oot in the desert. ? :sherlock:

Pauls the new cameroon manager i think m8, thats them out the world cup then!

The first thing he did was to take the captaincy away from the ageing and past his best, yet still untouchable, Rigobert Song while demanding that the players have better facilities (The Cameronian FA sorted that) and a more professional approach to games (the players sorted that)

And because everybody wanted to pull in the right direction he has taken them from bottom of their section to the top of their section.

Funny that eh?

Where is the bold paul this weather ? Takin some time oot in the desert. ? :sherlock:

Pauls the new cameroon manager i think m8, thats them out the world cup then!

The first thing he did was to take the captancy away from the ageing and past his best, yet still untouchable, Rigobert Song while demanding that the players have better facilities (The Cameronian FA sorted that) and a more professional approach to games (the players orted that)

And because everybody wanted to pull in the right direction he has taken them from bottom of their section to the top of their section.

Funny that eh?

what next ? no tackling in training ??