Aberdeen want Premiership move

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish::craphead: :craphead: :craphead:

MARK McGHEE has blasted the Old Firm - and claimed Aberdeen want a move to the English Premier League too.

The Dons boss also slammed Celtic chief Peter Lawwell for being "rude" by talking about his plans publicly.

McGhee said: "I'd like to go on the record and say Aberdeen would also fancy playing in the English top-flight.

"We would appreciate Peter including us in any conversations he might have regarding the application.

"I think all the other clubs in Scotland would feel keen to have a crack down south.

"The millions that are on offer down there would be hard to resist for any of us.

"I'm not sure, though, the chairmen of West Ham, Wolves, Burnley, and Portsmouth were all phoning round each other on hearing Peter's comments suggesting they do their best to expedite Celtic's move. It would be like turkeys voting for Christmas.

"Celtic talking publicly about this is rude to the rest of us.

"What are the criteria for being included in the application to defect?

"Clearly being champions is not one, so Aberdeen can tick that box.

"Perhaps winning a European trophy? Well, Aberdeen were the last Scottish team to do that.

"Aberdeen don't attract the 60,000 Celtic do, but we'd build an out-of-town stadium that would make Celtic's hemmed-in Parkhead seem antiquated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that 's hilarious

he is sour graping badly

Bain also talked about moving to a new league in the future but that didn't seem to bother him as much...obviously coz he is still mad at not getting the the job he wanted from Liewell

:mutley: '"Aberdeen don't attract the 60,000 Celtic do, but we'd build an out-of-town stadium that would make Celtic's hemmed-in Parkhead seem antiquated. '

What a load of absolute horseshit! The criteria wouldn't be being champions it would be challenging for the title which Aberdeen to do not. There hasn't been a team outside the Old Firm who's won the league since the mid 80s and it's not to unrealistic to think it will never happen again. That's why you're not being included in the talks you fat chunt.

I reckon more SPL teams will come out and say the same.

The may as well set up a British league.

You just want Rangers to travel down south week in, week out so you can attend more games.

Sneeky :sherlock:

Actually im moving to Glasgow this month so i'd be shooting myself in the foot :lol: