Magic injured?

Boab

Smith was obviously happy with Mcculloch, Broadfoot, wilson, papac for cover and felt he was more in need of cover on the left hand side of midfield, i don't disagree with him.

Well there's a shock.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is exactly the kind of situation we find ourselves in because we a) refused to bring in any cover for CB and b) point blank refuse to give our younger players a chance in the less important games. A situation that could very easily have been avoided.

We didn't refuse, we have no fecking money to buy one.

Right now i would rather have mcculloch in there than 1 7 year old....outside the league cup what are our less important games....... <cr>

We managed to get Rothen on loan, so are you saying the money we're spending on him couldn't have been better used on a CB? We could have given Wilson, for example, a chance in the two league games where we were 3 goals up with 20-30 minutes to go, against QOTS, even against St Johnstone. I honestly don't think any youngster who is a CB by trade could have done a worse job than McCulloch did at the weekend.

If you don't think this situation was entirely avoidable then I don't really know what to say.

Does 20 mins when we are 2-0 up or a game against qots prepare a 17 year old for the champions elague, i would doubt that to be honest.

Mcculloch did ok in stuttgart after a shaky start so i will see how he plays before criticising him, i know that doesn't sit well with a lot of people on here who like to complain constantly about him.

I hope McCulloch does well, just like every other Rangers supporter does, but that doesn't mean we couldn't have prepared better for this situation. I notice you avoided the point about loaning someone. We managed to get Rothen, would getting a CB have been out of the question? Especially considering we knew that Bougherra was going to be going for the month of January.

Smith was obviously happy with Mcculloch, Broadfoot, wilson, papac for cover and felt he was more in need of cover on the left hand side of midfield, i don't disagree with him.

Right enough you think Walter is god and can do no wrong.

Well there's a shock.

You don't think we needed someone who could start on the left before cover for our centre halves ? Very strange....

Felt the need to bring in a left sided midfielder before a center back, and plays him out on the right, after filling our troubled position with a player who has played there right throughout his career.

A center back should have been brought in before Jerome Rothen.

It's only October, and the defence has been chopped and changed far too often due to injuries, and suspensions. Was alway's going to happen.

Well there's a shock.

You don't think we needed someone who could start on the left before cover for our centre halves ? Very strange....

I did mean more that I duobt if I've ever seen you criticise Walter Smith.

On your question, maybe not actually was could have played Aaron there no bother (well I say that but Walter playing a youngster regularly or every week is a bit far fetched).

Felt the need to bring in a left sided midfielder before a center back, and plays him out on the right, after filling our troubled position with a player who has played there right throughout his career.

It's only October, and the defence has been chopped and changed far too often due to injuries, and suspensions. Was alway's going to happen.

Our defence was relatively settled last season, we have bene extremely unlucky.

I think a first pick for the left hand side was more important than cover considering we only had the money for one player. I am sure if we had no defensive injuries this seaosn and brought in the cover guys like you would be constantly be blkeating we didn't bring in someone to play on the left...ho hum....

Well there's a shock.

On your question, maybe not actually was could have played Aaron there no bother (well I say that but Walter playing a youngster regularly or every week is a bit far fetched).

I have and i will when it's required.

Arron wasn't good enough, sopme people need to get over that.

Our defence was relatively settled last season, we have bene extremely unlucky.

I think a first pick for the left hand side was more important than cover considering we only had the money for one player. I am sure if we had no defensive injuries this seaosn and brought in the cover guys like you would be constantly be blkeating we didn't bring in someone to play on the left...ho hum....

Going into a new season with two fit CB's, especially when competing in the Champions League is not good management. Especially when Danny Wilson was never really going to get a chance, and Broadfoot was out injured for at least three months.

Injuries were always going to happen. Relying on a 39 year old to play three games in a week is not good management.

So why bring in a left footed, left sided midfielder, and shunt him out on the right, to accomodate a left back in his position?

You may moan at people like me, but your blind faith for Walter Smith just as bad.

All comes down to his summer signings in 2008 - central midfielders, and strikers when other areas needed filled, now leaving us with a lop sided squad.

Well there's a shock.

Doubt that, blind faith it seems to me.

He most certainly was and he'll prove that over the next few years.

Well there's a shock.

He most certainly was and he'll prove that over the years.

Just because he will be (which i agree with btw), doesn't mean he was.

We need impact players now, not in 2-3 years time.

Now there is a fucking suprise eh. Sorry but if your happy with Broadfoot, McCulloch and Papac as cover for CH then your a fucking clown. A CH was should have been priority. Not having a low level SPL/first division player and striker and a left back as cover for a CH doh

We need impact players now, not in 2-3 years time.

Raises the question, why did we spunk £3.5m on Kyle Lafferty?

At the same time as buyin Miller and Velicka.

When our defence was as threadbare and our pre-Davis midfield crying out for new players.

Now there is a fucking suprise eh. Sorry but if your happy with Broadfoot, McCulloch and Papac as cover for CH then your a fucking clown. A CH was should have been priority. Not having a low level SPL/first division player and striker and a left back as cover for a CH doh

Cover was priority over a player for a position we didn't have a recognised starter in, i think it's obvious who the "fucking clown" is here......

Doubt that, blind faith it seems to me.

He most certainly was and he'll prove that over the next few years.

What it seems to you doesn't matter, i ahve and will criticise him when i think he is wrong.

We will see, he failed here and i await to see him wow the football world in the future. Yuo ahve hardly seen the guy kick a ball so how you are judging this is beyond me......

Also, we knew Madjid Bougherra was going on AFCON duty in January, and still no CB.

If there was no money in the summer, then what makes it any different in January, allowing us to go out and bring a CB in?

With he injuries, and luck we occur every season, Walter Smith should have known it was never going to pan out the way we hoped, especially when we were competing on four fronts.

I just hope Madjid Bouherra isn't out for anytime, as I dread playing Hibs, and going to Tannadice without him.

It was reported that Walter did try to get some other players on loan but was unable to for different reasons, if this is true how do any of us know that he didn't try to get some decent cover for CB?

Then Andy Webster should not have been sent out on loan!

Funny how at Rangers he was always injured, yet he managaed to stay fit at Bristol City, and Dundee United.

Also, we knew Madjid Bougherra was going on AFCON duty in January, and still no CB.

If there was no money in the summer, then what makes it any different in January, allowing us to go out and bring a CB in?

With he injuries, and luck we occur every season, Walter Smith should have known it was never going to pan out the way we hoped, especially when we were competing on four fronts.

I just hope Madjid Bouherra isn't out for anytime, as I dread playing Hibs, and going to Tannadice without him.

Getting beyone christmas in europe ? Selling a player ? Webster proving he is fit and able ?

Not only should walter win every game playing stylish football, he should also be able to see into the future and predict our injuries as well. In an ideal world of course we should have more cover but we're skint.....