Magic injured?

Boab

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does amaze me that Smith, with all the experience he undoubtedly has, didn't have the foresight to bring in defensive cover or give our younger players a chance to prove if they're worthy or not. If he did try and get cover but couldn't then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but I don't see how Rothen (left sided player signed to play on the left, and played on the right doh) is as valuable to us as having a deputy CB. My suspicion is that Smith did see we need defensive cover, but genuinely thinks McCulloch and Broadfoot are good enough.

It’s not foresight it’s called a lack of money.

...that we can afford to spend on a left sided starter, who starts on the right.

Someone tried to give me this " he misses all the big games" pish last night

He has been unlucky a couple of times, shit happens

Very unlucky, its not like his body goes "Big game coming up, lets get injured"

It does amaze me that Smith, with all the experience he undoubtedly has, didn't have the foresight to bring in defensive cover or give our younger players a chance to prove if they're worthy or not. If he did try and get cover but couldn't then I'll hold my hands up and admit I was wrong, but I don't see how Rothen (left sided player signed to play on the left, and played on the right doh) is as valuable to us as having a deputy CB. My suspicion is that Smith did see we need defensive cover, but genuinely thinks McCulloch and Broadfoot are good enough.

I don't see how lack of money means that a younger player couldn't have been given a chance to prove their worth. If Smith couldn't get cover in then surely bringing in a natural but younger CH at some point at the start of the season made sense. Queen of the South in the cup was the ideal time to test Wilson.

Also, we knew Madjid Bougherra was going on AFCON duty in January, and still no CB.

If there was no money in the summer, then what makes it any different in January, allowing us to go out and bring a CB in?

With he injuries, and luck we occur every season, Walter Smith should have known it was never going to pan out the way we hoped, especially when we were competing on four fronts.

I just hope Madjid Bouherra isn't out for anytime, as I dread playing Hibs, and going to Tannadice without him.

Getting beyone christmas in europe ? Selling a player ? Webster proving he is fit and able ?

Not only should walter win every game playing stylish football, he should also be able to see into the future and predict our injuries as well. In an ideal world of course we should have more cover but we're skint.....

Getting beyond Christams in Europe was never going to be a certainty, especially with the squad we had. Asking this current team to compete on all four fronts, is asking a hell of a lot.

Again, no certainty that a player will be sold, especially one of our so-called ones, and that if we do, the money will be given to the manager.

Andy Webster can't be re-called, so his name is out the equation.

What other side who have just won the league, and competing in the Champions League, go into a season with two CB's, one a 39 year old, who the manager said himself was unable to play three games in a week? Knowing that Stevie Smith has had injury problems for years, and Kirk Broadfoot was out for at least three months.

But he's been shoehorning Lee McCulloch into the CB season for almost a year now, so he was happy enough with that, which is a piss poor decision.

Muff what other clubs are in as much fincial trouble as we are ? Have you seen the career history of the guys who just joined our board ? Make no bones about it we are in serious shit. I am sure the manager isn't happy about it in the slightest but his hands are tied.

Didn't know that about andy webster, where did you read that ?

http://www.dundeeunitedfc.co.uk/index.asp?tm=124&ID=348

Know a few people quite high up at Dundee United, along with being friends with Scott Robertson, and he can't be re-called. The only way Craig Levein was willing to take him, if it was for a season, as he had concerns over the fitness of Wilkie, Dods, and Kovacevic, through the course of the season.

Fair enough, cheers.....

Is it not a UEFA directive anyway, that no call-back clause can be put in a season long loan?

Someone tried to give me this " he misses all the big games" pish last night

He has been unlucky a couple of times, shit happens

I agree on this. People are far too keen to jump on our player's backs.

:lol:

Pot, Kettle, Black.

We need impact players now, not in 2-3 years time.

Raises the question, why did we spunk £3.5m on Kyle Lafferty?

Potential :craphead:

I don't see how lack of money means that a younger player couldn't have been given a chance to prove their worth. If Smith couldn't get cover in then surely bringing in a natural but younger CH at some point at the start of the season made sense. Queen of the South in the cup was the ideal time to test Wilson.

Do you think a decent game against QOTS would have proved his worth to play in this game ?

...that we can afford to spend on a left sided starter, who starts on the right.

Due to injuries elsewhere.

Novo and Naismith are both perfectly capable of playing on the right.

But no, you're right. It makes more sense to play a left-footed winger on the right, and a left back at left wing.

Taken from UEFA.

Bougherra is a major doubt after twisting a knee in training on Tuesday and there are fears he may have suffered medial ligament damage

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=pr.html

Let's hope not, or we are in trouble.

Apparently this was from a challenge.

You'd think the players would go in LESS hard on our star player the day before a big CL game, eh?

Taken from UEFA.

Bougherra is a major doubt after twisting a knee in training on Tuesday and there are fears he may have suffered medial ligament damage

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixtu.../report=pr.html

Let's hope not, or we are in trouble.

Apparently this was from a challenge.

You'd think the players would go in LESS hard on our star player the day before a big CL game, eh?

We must've invited Abou Diaby up to training. :anguish:

Novo and Naismith are both perfectly capable of playing on the right.

But no, you're right. It makes more sense to play a left-footed winger on the right, and a left back at left wing.

But neither novo or naismith are right wingers if you are going to apply that logic to Smith and Rothen.