I'll start...SMITH OUT NOW!

LegendofCoop

What too many forget is that Walter Smith left the club in a complete shambles in 1998 after seven years in charge. This time he will achieve the same result in half the time. Does that mean he's now twice as effective?

Whatever you think, this man who should never ever have been asked back to Rangers has now brought the club to its knees for a second time. He needs to go now.

As for who might usefully replace him, there's a medium-sized walnut in a bowl on my sideboard that should do a better job.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For the best part of 2 seasons now we are getting told that its an "over reaction" to a poor result.

When exactly does it stop being an over reaction and become fact?!

Its game after game after game of very poor performances and has been for a LONG time.

Yes, Walter is a legend, yes he took us to the UEFA Cup Final and won us the league last year, BUT wqe are going backwards at an alarming rate and anyone who doesnt see this ieither doesnt want to or they are blind!

What too many forget is that Walter Smith left the club in a complete shambles in 1998 after seven years in charge. This time he will achieve the same result in half the time. Does that mean he's now twice as effective?

Whatever you think, this man who should never ever have been asked back to Rangers has now brought the club to its knees for a second time. He needs to go now.

As for who might usefully replace him, there's a medium-sized walnut in a bowl on my sideboard that should do a better job.

I haven't laughed much since last night's debacle, but that one did get me guffawing loudly. :praise:

I have only one question though. :sherlock:

What school did this walnut go to? :rolleyes:

I don't want Smith to go but for those who do what is a new manager going to dow ith no money and the likelyhood of players being sold undernetah him in January ?

Last night was a total disgrace but it was not a sacking offence.

Personally I believe that combined with our recent form, away in particular, it should be. Our salary structure alone should put us completely out of touch with the SPL outwith cltic, a team of gypsies from Romania should be absolutely nowhere near us. The buck has to stop with Smith.

The problem, and its been repeated ad nauseum, is who would replace him and take us forward?

No one is sacking a manager who is top of the league.

The buck, of course, stops with smith for last nights perofromance.

Sorry i'll rephrase that, Murray would obviously never 'sack' Smith...

but Smith's a proud man and i could honestly see him and SDM deciding together that he's taken us as far as he can.

It’s possible but that would be at the end of the season. I was told a long time ago , and have always said on this Mb , that smith only took the job if he was guaranteed 3 ½ years (or of the club was sold) So he may walk in the summer, not before though

I don't want Smith to go but for those who do what is a new manager going to dow ith no money and the likelyhood of players being sold undernetah him in January ?

Personally I believe that combined with our recent form, away in particular, it should be. Our salary structure alone should put us completely out of touch with the SPL outwith cltic, a team of gypsies from Romania should be absolutely nowhere near us. The buck has to stop with Smith.

The problem, and its been repeated ad nauseum, is who would replace him and take us forward?

Hertz did, and, they were right, it would appear now with hindsight

but Smith's a proud man and i could honestly see him and SDM deciding together that he's taken us as far as he can.

It's possible but that would be at the end of the season. I was told a long time ago , and have always said on this Mb , that smith only took the job if he was guaranteed 3 ½ years (or of the club was sold) So he may walk in the summer, not before though

I hadn't heard that.

I still feel he's got too much dignity to hang about if he feels he cannot take the club forward. I think it's becoming clear that without funds he can't.

IMO we are fortunate WGS is away, I think he would have capitalised on our form so far. if there's one thing he could do it was grind out results.

Hertz did, and, they were right, it would appear now with hindsight

Aye but walter hasn’t podgered SDM’s neice as far as I know…….

It's possible but that would be at the end of the season. I was told a long time ago , and have always said on this Mb , that smith only took the job if he was guaranteed 3 ½ years (or of the club was sold) So he may walk in the summer, not before though

I hadn't heard that.

I still feel he's got too much dignity to hang about if he feels he cannot take the club forward. I think it's becoming clear that without funds he can't.

IMO we are fortunate WGS is away, I think he would have capitalised on our form so far. if there's one thing he could do it was grind out results.

We are fortunate that Mowbary is barnseque in ability but I think the tims will take a risk in January and spend a bit of cash.

Walter won’t go during a season mate, I wait to be proved be wrong but I would be stunned.

haha, maybe not. It was, however, the correct decision in the end regardless.

I personally dont go for the "Smith out" nonsense, but, I do feel, for his own good he should step down. I have issues with the squad, in that, if Smith cant get the best out of them, and they still look disinterested (which they do), then, I dont see many others being able to, and, if it winds me up, I am not a man of his age.

Given the state of things at the moment, I would be more than happy for Ally to step in, sell of a few of these invisible "names" and, go with a far younger squad for the rest of the season. It cant really get much worse, by which i mean, the experienced players are showing nothing, so, lss experienced will have the hunger to succeed which should make up for a lack of experience

Fair enough, we have no money, but we should be doing better than this, alot fookin better :anguish:

Money is not the only problem St johnston and Motherwell are 2 teams who have passed us off the park in the last few weeks

they have no chash

so the question is WHAT ARE THEY DOING AT TRAINING ALL WEEK?

Do you really think the board are going to throw us into even deeper turmoil by sacking our management team when we can't afford a new one?

People might talk about us being humbled last night, but at this moment in time the Champions League is seen as being nothing more than an easy way to make money. It hurt's but it's the truth.

We are top of the SPL and we have one of the few men who would work under the circumstances that Smith does.

I wish people would get their head around the fact that there is next to no chance of Smith leaving at this moment in time despite how much we moan.

It was interesting last season with the same squad all it took was Edu coming in and the team just clicked. I know it's more hope than expectation right now but i don't think the squad is anywhere near as bad as they are playing just now.

I think it was more of a case of that period being an exception.

Even in that run near the end we played poorly in some games and after beating Celtic we still nearly threw it away by drawing at Easter Road. Tannadice was a terrific display but we've not been able to produce anywhere near that level since which indicates it was a one of.

Do you really think the board are going to throw us into even deeper turmoil by sacking our management team when we can't afford a new one?

People might talk about us being humbled last night, but at this moment in time the Champions League is seen as being nothing more than an easy way to make money. It hurt's but it's the truth.

We are top of the SPL and we have one of the few men who would work under the circumstances that Smith does.

I wish people would get their head around the fact that there is next to no chance of Smith leaving at this moment in time despite how much we moan.

They are out of contract - so they would not be sacked - and no compensation to pay out

If we are to progress we need some new ideas- a new manager would do this

If we are looking to change things then January is the perfect time to do it

Maybe it's not, but I want to know this....WHAT IS BEING DONE ABOUT THIS???

Is pressure being put on Walter, or are the new regime just going to sit back and presume he'll turn it round on his own? For once we can't simply say it's down to the players. The players need guidance at some point. Smith sitting in the stand doing fuck all just isn't acceptable!

As I've said before....spending our way out of this isn't an option now. The board now have to find an Arsene Wenger type manager. Someone who nobody had really heard of but had the clout to turn a £300k signing into a £10m player!

Assuming that with the new co-efficient standings will not see us directly into next season's C/L.....would you be prepared to see Smith step aside and let McCoist take charge and, again...presumably, work with the younger players to forge a settled side?? In that scenario, I'm admitting that we would probably not win the league, but a little pain may mean to longer term gain!

For me....this is the type of thing we may need to think of...whether it be now or the end of the season.