Sky are now taking bets on next Rangers Manager

I think it will be Billy Davies as none of the others are really up to it apart from maybe Ferguson but Ferguson would be unlikely as I think he sees himself moving up to the Premiership and I think he's Catholic, not that i've any problem with that but we've not had a British Catholic as manager before and I can't see it. Some of them are a disgrace McInnes, McAllister, Butcher :anguish:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Billy Davies leave Forest for a skint Rangers?

They're doing well, they have a lot of money to spend and the chances are that they'll make Premiership next year.

I have no idea where his heart is though - is he a Bluenose?

I think it will be Billy Davies as none of the others are really up to it apart from maybe Ferguson but Ferguson would be unlikely as I think he sees himself moving up to the Premiership and I think he's Catholic, not that i've any problem with that but we've not had a British Catholic as manager before and I can't see it. Some of them are a disgrace McInnes, McAllister, Butcher :anguish:

was gonae start tearing into you there lol then realised its Darren Ferguson you meant :sherlock:

Why would Billy Davies leave Forest for a skint Rangers?

They're doing well, they have a lot of money to spend and the chances are that they'll make Premiership next year.

I have no idea where his heart is though - is he a Bluenose?

He is a Rangers man papa, he has said in the past it is one of his life ambitions to manage the Gers.

I think it may have been when the PLG link cooled. As i remember it was said in november we were going for PLG then nothing then am sure Davies was mentioned. I may well have been having one of my wild weekends tho and dreamt the whole thing lol

Billy Davies :anguish: anyone remember Derby?

Yeah, he took on a small, ageing squad who had been battling against relegation in the Championship and took them straight up into the Premiership in his first season. Outstanding achievement. Yes, they struggled badly in the Premiership but as they had punched above their weight the previous year in the Championship, there was simply too big a gap in quality to bridge over one summer.

He's done a great job with Preston, Derby and now Notts Forest. That's what I want, a guy that has gone into more than one club and turned around their fortunes, not just someone who has had success with one club, even if that success was impressive.

Davies has been standing out for the Rangers job for years for me now. Nobody else in my eyes for it, would love him to get the job. The fact he is a die hard Rangers man isn't a requirement, far from it, but it's a nice bonus.

Very driven and dedicated individual, he'll squeeze out every last bit of potential out of us in my view.

Well said Mr Davies (tu)

The Derby board and Davies drew up a three year plan to get them into The Premiership.

He achieved it in one year.

Fair enough, I think we could do better than Billy Davies.

The Derby board and Davies drew up a three year plan to get them into The Premiership.

He achieved it in one year.

Then he said it was too soon for them :ph34r:

When Paul Le Guen went, Billy Davies was my choice of replacement. I think he's a good manager.

I'd certainly rather have him than the likes of McCoist, Durrant, McAllister, Burley, McCall, Levein, Darren Ferguson, Derek McInnes, Alain Irvine, Graeme Souness, George Graham....

But there is more chance of McCoist or Durrant taking over once Walter Smith leaves :anguish: I'd rather Walter Smith stayed incharge than one of those two getting the job. Haven't seen anything in them which makes me think they'll do a good job at Rangers. You can jump about, and show passion, but that means fuck all IMO.

When Paul Le Guen went, Billy Davies was my choice of replacement. I think he's a good manager.

I'd certainly rather have him than the likes of McCoist, Durrant, McAllister, Burley, McCall, Levein, Darren Ferguson, Derek McInnes, Alain Irvine, Graeme Souness, George Graham....

But there is more chance of McCoist or Durrant taking over once Walter Smith leaves :anguish: I'd rather Walter Smith stayed incharge than one of those two getting the job. Haven't seen anything in them which makes me think they'll do a good job at Rangers. You can jump about, and show passion, but that means fuck all IMO.

See also: Kevin Keegan

Gary McAllister? :anguish:

8/1 where do they pull the odds from, he should not even be quoted in the running, nor should Burley,Butcher,Gough and most of the rest.

I agree with the Billy Davies quotes above by a few posters, the man has done it twice and its now work in progress at Forest, his best job was getting a shit Derby County team promoted, with a Fergie/Mourinho 1/2 they would not have kept Derby up, he has cut his managerial teeth and doing well, could be a good shout.

Blly Davies would be my choice, playes good football with no money and challenges top spot in championship

I'd be happy with Billy Davies, good manager and big Rangers man.

Dare I suggest Derek McIness (alongside McCoist) would be a slightly risky but potentially excellent managerial team? McInnes seems to be going down the road of Owen Coyle and has huge potential IMO.