does anyone else hate the tartan army

Biancax3

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im sure theres Rangers fan who have ST's then follow Scotland also in the Tartan Army?

Not true Rangers fans then

Idiotic comment to make.

Thats twice you ve said that, its a good joab boab that im unoffendable. (except for the Tartan Army)

Well its true, disgraceful actually.

Anyone that thinks singing doh a deer etc is the way to roar on a football team doesn't deserve any respect and the same goes for their habitual and embarrassing flashing abroad( makes me want the baton happy police to be in the neighbourhood)

and Derrys Walls, Build my Gallows, Fathers Advice etc is?

They both have the same in common with football which is nothing. So we don't deserve any respect ourselfs?

I agree they have nothing to do with football but I believe they are are a bit more stirring and the tone and tempo more inspiring than a song from the Sound of Music,although I admit I could be wrong since I have never seen the movie and for all I know it might be bloodcurdling,thrilling and nailbitingly intense.

Im sure theres Rangers fan who have ST's then follow Scotland also in the Tartan Army?

Not true Rangers fans then

I support Rangers and Scotland. Am I not a true Rangers fan?

Your not a true Scotland fan.

So am I a true Rangers fan?

When you stop attending Scotland matches, be an armchair fan like me. I am at the wind up here a bit. When the Scotland support was mainly Rangers fans they still gave it the wee hate England stuff and the main flag then wasnt the Saltire , it was the Lion Rampant, The Flag which is currently held by Alex Salmond, The First Minister, as it is the flag of the Scottish head of state. Rangers fans would go back to Ibrox and Sing GSTQ, its a bit Schitzo, but then so is the Scottish nation, In conclusion you can be a True Rangers fan and true Scotland fan, I still say we shold be able to take a UJ as well as the Saltire to a Scotland match.

I take them as one in the same.

What a load of bullshit that is. I've never heard an anti-scotland chant in my 22 years of following Rangers. They're not one in the same, they're completely different, so stop talking out your hole.

Fuck the tartan army.

I should clear it up. When I as refering to anti-Scotland I was meaning anti-Scottish football team (including the fans).

Aye fuck international football too.

The English rivalry is really not that bad. England have bigger rivalries with nations with nations of similar population size, naturally. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Flower of Scotland. You can be a Scotland supporter and a Rangers supporter. You can support Scotland and be a Unionist. I am a Wales fan, I am a Unionist. I like England as a nation, but not as a sporting entity. I support who they play, but I don't hate England or their people. I dislike their sporting teams partly because they are the Auld Enemy, and partly because of the hype that surrounds everytime they gub a wee nation, then the news reports of crisis in English football when they lose one game. But I am proud to be British. I will sing God Save The Queen at Rangers games, sing the Welsh National Anthem at Wales games. I don't see my Welshness and Britishness as a conflict. The same applies for Scotland. It annoys me when people here who are anti-Scottish and say you cannot support both. It's nonsense

I do support Scotland, because its my country and I won't stop loving my country or Rangers.

But I wouldn't consider myself apart of the Tartan Army, who think they're loved all over the world, but no it's a load of pish, Scotland's a laughing stock. More so now after boozegate and the way the SFA dealt with that.

And, I'm fed up of just getting abuse because I support Rangers that I can't support my country of birth, the country where I've been brought up and all of my family and ancestors are Scottish? Some people are so anti-Rangers it's sick.

Fuck the Tartan Army.

I'll never stop supporting my country though, here's looking forward to Burley's sacking :)

If you support Scotland and go to Scotland games you are as much a part of the Tartan Army as everyone else.

I am and i don't give a f**k what anyone thinks. I supports my country, I vote SNP, I would love to see Scotland separated from the shower of shite south of the border.. So what?

I'm the same.

What I mean by fed up of, whenever something fucks up with Scotland, it always seems to be Rangers faults, I'm fed up of all the bleating by cunts. I'll support Rangers & Scotland, always will of course.

The English rivalry is really not that bad. England have bigger rivalries with nations with nations of similar population size, naturally. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the Flower of Scotland. You can be a Scotland supporter and a Rangers supporter. You can support Scotland and be a Unionist. I am a Wales fan, I am a Unionist. I like England as a nation, but not as a sporting entity. I support who they play, but I don't hate England or their people. I dislike their sporting teams partly because they are the Auld Enemy, and partly because of the hype that surrounds everytime they gub a wee nation, then the news reports of crisis in English football when they lose one game. But I am proud to be British. I will sing God Save The Queen at Rangers games, sing the Welsh National Anthem at Wales games. I don't see my Welshness and Britishness as a conflict. The same applies for Scotland. It annoys me when people here who are anti-Scottish and say you cannot support both. It's nonsense

I agree with this man. (tu)

There, obviously, are some supporters of the national team who I don't like. But we also have some fannies who follow Rangers.

Rangers will always be my team and main passion, but I will still support my country. I will happily fly the saltire and union jack.

"I hate the fans" bla bla.

And all the excuses pour in for not wanting to support you're country because they have a poor football team. Sad.

Edit: And sorry how does supporting the national side make you "not a true Rangers fan"? Pathetic.

I do support Scotland, because its my country and I won't stop loving my country or Rangers.

But I wouldn't consider myself apart of the Tartan Army, who think they're loved all over the world, but no it's a load of pish, Scotland's a laughing stock. More so now after boozegate and the way the SFA dealt with that.

And, I'm fed up of just getting abuse because I support Rangers that I can't support my country of birth, the country where I've been brought up and all of my family and ancestors are Scottish? Some people are so anti-Rangers it's sick.

Fuck the Tartan Army.

I'll never stop supporting my country though, here's looking forward to Burley's sacking :)

If you support Scotland and go to Scotland games you are as much a part of the Tartan Army as everyone else.

I am and i don't give a f**k what anyone thinks. I supports my country, I vote SNP, I would love to see Scotland separated from the shower of shite south of the border.. So what?

:anguish:

I have never heard so much rubbish in all my life! I have been following Scotland as long as rangers, for the best part of 30 years and I have never ONCE heard an anti rangers song sung... I go to Scotland games regurarly with about 15 other lads, around 8 are bears a few celtic fans a couple of Jags fans and some guys who dont follow any club and just go to Scotland games. Anyone who thinks its just aberdeen fans that follow Scotland clearly have not got a clue and have never been to Hampden in their lives... I know hundreds of Scotland fans from my times traveling with Scotland, World cup 98, various other European trips and you could not meet a more varied and diverse group of fans,,,, I know Scotland fans who are Celtic Fans and unionists, I know rangers fans and Nationalists, I know guys from the army, I know loads of guys who are second generation Scots who live in England (You hear loads of English accents at games) I know german fans who follow Scotland!

And I can tell you thsi, bears make up a large section of the Tartan army so the morons on here slagging them off are slagging off a section of your own support, and incidently I know a few bears who dont attend Rangers games anymore because of this Anti Scotland crap.

Tried to stay out of this thread.

Don't want to argue with people who don't support Scotland. That is there own prerogative. Which is fair enough.

The one thing I don't agree with is that because I also support Scotland, it doesn't make me any less of a Rangers fan.

Tried to stay out of this thread.

Don't want to argue with people who don't support Scotland. That is there own prerogative. Which is fair enough.

The one thing I don't agree with is that because I also support Scotland, it doesn't make me any less of a Rangers fan.

This thread is started every international match and pulls the same morons from the woodwork that seems to think it makes you a better Rangers supporter if you hate the national team.

Don't support Scotland if you want but all the tartan trannies stuff is god awful........ :anguish: What sort of daft wee boy posts stuff like that...... :anguish:

When you stop attending Scotland matches, be an armchair fan like me. I am at the wind up here a bit. When the Scotland support was mainly Rangers fans they still gave it the wee hate England stuff and the main flag then wasnt the Saltire , it was the Lion Rampant, The Flag which is currently held by Alex Salmond, The First Minister, as it is the flag of the Scottish head of state. Rangers fans would go back to Ibrox and Sing GSTQ, its a bit Schitzo, but then so is the Scottish nation, In conclusion you can be a True Rangers fan and true Scotland fan, I still say we shold be able to take a UJ as well as the Saltire to a Scotland match.

It isn't an essay..

I dislike a proportion of the Scotland support, which prevents me from attending any games.

I support them on TV, but I wouldn't say I was very passionate about it.

I used to be when I was younger, but then we actually had a team worth getting passionate about, the dirge served up by Burley was awful and I hope another manager can spark my interest at some point in the future.

Scotland are awful to watch and a large proportion of their fans are an embarrasment.