A big player in our downfall...

plymouthranger

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a load of shite posting Ferguson was a big player in our so called downfall, WHO WON THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!! The only big player who caused our FINANCIAL DOWNFALL was David Murray. The only downfall Rangers have is a debt of 31 million pounds. How did Barry cause that. Murray should have left after NIAR. Barry was not the same leader or player last year but we still won 2 trophies with him in the squad. As for PLG give me a break, if he had loads of money to spend we still would have won nothing with him in charge. He had no clue about Scottish football and the type of player who can play in this league.

Follow......................Follow......................Colin

Stay off the drugs mate. PLG is and was a terrible manager. Made PSG a force again? Check your French football mate, he was as big a disater there as he was at Ibrox hence why he's joined the likes of Bertie Vogts in the world of managing shite international teams.

If Ferguson was still at Ibrox we wouldn't have lost two European home games 4-1. No one at Ibrox is there to grab a game and a few players by the scruff of the neck. Oh aye and where are all the people who thought Thomson was the new maradona. Strangely quiet now. Funny how with Ferguson everyone was calling for his head at this stage last season while the silence is deafening with Thomson. The double standards are there for all to see with some so called fans. And turning on a guy who gave the best years of his career to Rangers is a f*cking joke.

For the OP, rather tha following the career of an overrated french idiot you migtht want to catch a few Birmingham games. In the supposed best league in the world a certain Mr Ferguson is still strolling through games. So GIRFUY!

When did Barry Ferguson last grab a game by the scruff of the neck ? 2003 ?

You probably right about him strolling through games in the EPL,

He did that for us between 2005-2009, He strolled through games, He never ever picked anyone up, he never won a tackle, he never won a header.

I actually watch the EPL quite a lot and especially the Birmingham games, He has done fuck all apart from get sent off, what exactly is he doing at Birmingham that pleases you so much. He is doing there what he done here, the square root of fuck all, he generally man marks the referee while his opponent runs a mock

What a load of shite posting Ferguson was a big player in our so called downfall, WHO WON THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR!!!!!!!! The only big player who caused our FINANCIAL DOWNFALL was David Murray. The only downfall Rangers have is a debt of 31 million pounds. How did Barry cause that. Murray should have left after NIAR. Barry was not the same leader or player last year but we still won 2 trophies with him in the squad. As for PLG give me a break, if he had loads of money to spend we still would have won nothing with him in charge. He had no clue about Scottish football and the type of player who can play in this league.

I don't think the OP blamed Ferguson, he said he played a part. We are all aware that Murray is the culprit and IMO forcing Campbell Ogilcie out and installed tango man was a massive mistake

Our run in to the title last year coincided with Ferguson being dropped and then injured. I have stated above that up until 2003 Ferguson was terrific, from 2005 onwards he was a shadow of the player he was and I think that was down to his ego

Stay off the drugs mate. PLG is and was a terrible manager. Made PSG a force again? Check your French football mate, he was as big a disater there as he was at Ibrox hence why he's joined the likes of Bertie Vogts in the world of managing shite international teams.

If Ferguson was still at Ibrox we wouldn't have lost two European home games 4-1. No one at Ibrox is there to grab a game and a few players by the scruff of the neck. Oh aye and where are all the people who thought Thomson was the new maradona. Strangely quiet now. Funny how with Ferguson everyone was calling for his head at this stage last season while the silence is deafening with Thomson. The double standards are there for all to see with some so called fans. And turning on a guy who gave the best years of his career to Rangers is a f*cking joke.

For the OP, rather tha following the career of an overrated french idiot you migtht want to catch a few Birmingham games. In the supposed best league in the world a certain Mr Ferguson is still strolling through games. So GIRFUY!

He did that for us between 2005-2009, He strolled through games, He never ever picked anyone up, he never won a tackle, he never won a header.

I actually watch the EPL quite a lot and especially the Birmingham games, He has done fuck all apart from get sent off, what exactly is he doing at Birmingham that pleases you so much. He is doing there what he done here, the square root of fuck all, he generally man marks the referee while his opponent runs a mock

The stats would suggest otherwise. The Budweiser fantasy football site takes data from the official EPL statistics looking at pass completion, game involvement telling passes, tackles won etc. It bases bonus points on this awarding three for the top player in the game, then two then one. Ferguson has picked up plenty of bonus points this season. So I don't know what games you were watching.

i love how the fergie haters now watch Birmingham to see how he is playing......

Fergie haters ??????

I guess i should burn my autographed copy of his book then.

try and understand this, up to 2003,after we had won the treble and prior to his move to Blackburn and his injury Barry Ferguson was a terrific player for Rangers

from 2005 till 2009 he did very little for Rangers Football Club, If you consider that hatred, then you batter in

The stats would suggest otherwise. The Budweiser fantasy football site takes data from the official EPL statistics looking at pass completion, game involvement telling passes, tackles won etc. It bases bonus points on this awarding three for the top player in the game, then two then one. Ferguson has picked up plenty of bonus points this season. So I don't know what games you were watching.

So what exactly has he done, Birmingham's strength this season has been their defence and the only team to concede fewer goals is Chelsea, Ferguson can retain possession and is undoubted a gifted footballer, But the defensive aspect of his game is not strong

Ferguson held too much power at Ibrox, both times he was there. A good player no doubt but should do what the coach tells him whether he agrees with it or not.

PLG should have been good but made some awful signings. However he would have cleaned out the drinking and poor training culture, but as i have said in previous posts if he was going to be any good as a coach at Ibrox his impact should have been instant. You only have to look at what George Burley did at Hearts in a really short space of time to realise that its possible without loads of cash and time.

In our recent demise there have been many factors that contributed. For example spending big in the Advocaat era (although we apparently levelled out all these debts in the Big Eck years), not giving Le Guen the funds to buy the likes of Kallstrom and settling for Sebo (yes, partly the frenchmans fault for l'underestimation i know) and failure to market the club properly abroad. Throw in Kaunas and we're in quite a state right now. And whilst its not fair to blame the downfall on one man (other than SDM :sherlock: ) I think a certain Mr. Ferguson had a part to play...

Firstly we got good money for him from Blackburn, but as he departed he fires parting shots about how the club forced him out due to a catholic wife (utter shite, we had a catholic captain in big Amo ffs!)

We then sign him back for less money than we sold him for - fair enough. But we also inherited his costly ego etc.

He then decides he knows better than a proven European pedigree manager (who won titles at Lyon, is now taking Cameroon to the ACNs and probably the world cup, as well as turning PSG into a force again), by constantly undermiming him. When Ricksen and Bardsley were sent packing we should of all known that the squad had an attitude problem. Given time this could of been fixed as Le Guen attempted to drag a screaming mess of primadonnas into the rigours of 21st century football. But Barry wouldn't of wanted this, so he contributed to the divide between players and staff.

Theres so much more to the whole PLG saga I know, and it'll probably be shot to pieces by replies...

So the WS era, a new start for Barry to show us he deserved the title "Mr. Rangers". After one good performance against ICT away, we saw him sucessfully hide from almost every subsequent match whilst dishing out lashings to others for not doing his job. Thankfully we got rid of him in the summer, as for someone who loved the club he had done relatively fuck all to deserve his millions in paycheques since he returned.

I'm not for a minute saying Barry doesn't love the club, nor that he meant to contribute to our state. Far from it. But he did anyway with his attitude of knowing best and that he was bigger than others at the club.

Who honestly thinks we'd be in this situation if we'd stuck by PLG for the last few years, instead of picking Barry over him?

I await the cries of "oh captain Barry if only he was here now" combined with the usual "well he was carrying an injury for all that time"

'THE' big 'PLAYER' in our as you call it 'downfall' is Sir David Murray ESQ. ! :sherlock:

(tu)

Nobody else comes near......

Manti I even say in the OP that SDM is the reason of our downfall, but for the reasons posted Ferguson could well of been a mitigating factor. This comes not from a Fergie hater, I have a signed jersey by the man and used to worship him. But when i took off my blue-tinted specs, i like many others realised his influence was something of a poisoned chalice

'THE' big 'PLAYER' in our as you call it 'downfall' is Sir David Murray ESQ. ! :sherlock:

(tu)

Manti I even say in the OP that SDM is the reason of our downfall, but for the reasons posted Ferguson could well of been a mitigating factor. This comes not from a Fergie hater, I have a signed jersey by the man and used to worship him. But when i took off my blue-tinted specs, i like many others realised his influence was something of a poisoned chalice

I'm not really arguing with you, we just look at it in a different way.

All you say about Fergie is accurate (well I presume the bit about his wife is, I don't remember that), but ultimately I still think that the man in charge of the organisation is to blame.

He should have dealt with Fergie when PLG first told him that the problem was developing - imo he should have dropped and transfer listed him immediately; and told the rest of the Monster Munch crew that they were on their last chance.

His failure to do so doomed the PLG experiment to failure. Whether it would have succeeded otherwise - who knows?

Hey Bruno...why let the facts get in the way of a story??? PLG took over PSG when they were in a relegation spot and sinking, he saved them from relegation by taking points in 10 from 14 games I believe. In the second season he got rid of the dross, brought in youngsters won a cup and were beaten in ET by Lyon in the other cup final. In his third season they finsihed 6th which was the best league position in a decade.... not many PSG fans think he was a failure, trust me. He took over Cameroon who were bottom of their WC group at the time and managed 4 straight wins to qualify for the WC.

Michael Essian said he wsa a great coach...but he'll be wrong and maw baw right ;)

(tu)

I'm not really arguing with you, we just look at it in a different way.

All you say about Fergie is accurate (well I presume the bit about his wife is, I don't remember that), but ultimately I still think that the man in charge of the organisation is to blame.

He should have dealt with Fergie when PLG first told him that the problem was developing - imo he should have dropped and transfer listed him immediately; and told the rest of the Monster Munch crew that they were on their last chance.

His failure to do so doomed the PLG experiment to failure. Whether it would have succeeded otherwise - who knows?

Agree

Never had anytime for him after he fucked off to Blackburn taking him back was a big mistake also agree we could have been a really good team playing good fitba if PLG had been given time and got rid of the booze culture among the players,fergie was a total prick thinking he knew better thn a guy that had won titles as a manager

Mr Ferguson has done nothing at Birmingham but being from Greenock maybe you feel an affinity to the bam and that is clouding your judgement. Mr No Class seems a more worthy title to me, and Rangers Captain was certainly a title he didn't deserve, as proven by the fact he was stripped of this title not once but twice.

WHO WON US THE LEAGUE LAST YEAR!!!??? Well I don't remember Ferguson doing much apart from pushing a real Ranger Davie Weir out of the way when it was time to lift the trophy. The Ego before The Club yet again, that moment sums up Fergusons attitude for me. A selfish prick.

I remember the daily rebel a few years ago had a double page spread trying to claim that the lurgan bigot was the best player in Scotland because he had the best stats. It's very easy to lump about the midfield making backward passes and look good in the stats.

PLG is and was a terrible manager. Made PSG a force again? Check your French football mate, he was as big a disater there.

If Ferguson was still at Ibrox we wouldn't have lost two European home games 4-1.

In the supposed best league in the world a certain Mr Ferguson is still strolling through games. So GIRFUY!

:anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

Really? I mean, REALLY?

Fucking hell :lol:

Bruno, do you by any chance actually watch or indeed know anything about football?