France are going to the World Cup....get over it!

Embassyno1

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always play to the whistle. I'm not sure what else they'd have expected Henry to do.

Exactly.

I've not seen the incident, but sometimes it's just reaction when the ball is at mid height and running out of your control that you throw a hand towards it. Shit way to lose a goal, but lawrenson et al wanting henry to run to the ref and say he handed it so the goal would be dissallowed is just ludacris.

The overeaction on the radio has been just bizzare.

Always play to the whistle. I'm not sure what else they'd have expected Henry to do.

Exactly!

After the ball initally hit his hand he was just gonna stop, he played on hoping he'd get away with it, just like anyone else would!

I also agree with this. Shay Given was too occupied by shouting in the refs face to even bother defending his goal.

I think the fact that Henry handballed it, then actually kept it in play with his hand, made it a wee bit worse though. It was poor from him, I expected better.

I may not like Ireland but they were robbed by that decision, how none of the officials managed to see it is incredible. A player like Henry really shouldn't even need to try and cheat like that.

Plus i take no pleasure in seeing a shite France team be so jammy, Domenech is a shocking manager.

Henry doesn't exactly come out of it brilliantly, but the referee and linesman should be getting the majority of the criticism.

Are they really suggesting that Keane, in the same situation, would have admitted he handballed it and potentially cost his country a place in the World Cup?

It's more to do with the point that most footballers draw their hand away as soon as they handle the ball, while Henry actually held it in play after the initial touch.

Quite funny actually :praise:

That IS fucking shocking to be fair!

There's handballs, then there's that :lol:

It means no McGayday at the WC.

I'm a happy bunny for that alone - not to mention the 300,000-odd sets of beads that were thrown at rented tv's in the east end of Glasgow tonight. :pipe:

That IS fucking shocking to be fair!

There's handballs, then there's that :lol:

It means no McGayday at the WC.

I'm a happy bunny for that alone - not to mention the 300,000-odd sets of beads that were thrown at rented tv's in the east end of Glasgow tonight. :pipe:

:lol: :lol: :lol: