Luis Antonio Valencia

Cappa

Been a great signing for Man United IMO.

Obviously he was never going to replace Ronaldo and his goals, but he's been better than I expected. Every time I've seen him play he's impressed me.

What's everybody's thoughts on him? Good or bad signing? Obviously United paid too much for him, so don't let that cloud your judgement of how he's played on the field.

I like Valencia

I thought he would have been a big waste of money for Man Utd but IMO he's turned out well thus far

I never realised how quick the cunt was when he was at Wigan, he's a whippet!

True. Understandable though considering the huge step-up he had made and the fact that there was so much negative media about his price tag and the fact he'd never be able to replace Ronaldo.

I like Valencia

I thought he would have been a big waste of money for Man Utd but IMO he's turned out well thus far

I never realised how quick the cunt was when he was at Wigan, he's a whippet!

First time I noticed how quick he is was against Liverpool this season. Insua (I think) had like a 10 yard head start on him and Valencia just blew him away.

Hits his digs with some amount of power too.

Still settling in, and will continue to do so for the whole season. He is doing well this season, and added a few goals to his name.

Next season though, I reckon he'll take the Premiership by storm.

• 2 months later...

Bump.

Been fantastic lately and the main reason why Rooney is having the season he is.

Brilliant player. Only criticism I have of him is that he is too reliant on his right foot, he makes it too obvious what he's going to do when one on one with a full back.

Guest SandyIniesta-Nordahl

Bump.

Been fantastic lately and the main reason why Rooney is having the season he is.

Brilliant player. Only criticism I have of him is that he is too reliant on his right foot, he makes it too obvious what he's going to do when one on one with a full back.

I love wingers whose main aim is just get to the byline and whip the ball in.

Valencia has helped Rooney immensely. Ronaldo was much more of a self-thinking player, which meant it didn't help Rooney as much.

Valencia's main aim is to help the players around him, and Rooney is reaping the rewards!

He has more assists now than Ronaldo had in all of last season I believe. Really starting to come into his own and his fee might prove to be a bargain further down the line.

He has pace, works hard, constantly get's behind his marker and can deliver a ball. Seem's to never panic, and keep's it simple. His understanding, and partnership with Wayne Rooney is frightening. Won't score a lot of goals - think he has 6 in all competitions? - but he will offer a lot more. He must have at least 15 assists.

United season has really confused me.

Ronaldo has left, but his goals have been replaced with the goals of Wayne Rooney. With Ronaldo leaving the team as a whole are playing better from midfield to front, IMO. Valencia has come in and gave alot more assists than what Ronaldo ever did. So the Ronaldo leaving, IMO, hasn't affected United as much as people think.

The goals of Tevez however have been missed. That's purely because apart from Rooney, no-one in the squad is scoring consistently. Berbatov and Owen have chipped in with 9 each. Not enough for a club of United's size.

The defence is the other problem that United have had. Ferdinand and Vidic have been two rocks for the last three seasons, but this season they have been both plagued with injuries and there been alot of different defensive partnerships used over the course of the season.

Yet with these problems, they have just won the Carling Cup, one point behind Chelsea in the league and in control of their last 16 Champions League tie against Milan. If United can sort their defence out for the remainder of the season and get Berbatov scoring more goals the prospect of the treble is really on. At times this season, who would have thought that?

The goals of Tevez however have been missed. That's purely because apart from Rooney, no-one in the

squad is scoring consistently. Berbatov and Owen have chipped in with 9 each. Not enough for a club of United's size.

I don't think Utd are missing his goals that much.

He scored 15 last season and with another 18 games max to play I don't think it's unrealistic ro think that Berba or Owen(injury pending) could match that.