***PreMatch Analysis***

nvager

Dundee United versus Rangers at Tannadice Park, Dundee on Tuesday December 15, 2009. Kick-off 7:45 PM.

The top of the SPL table has Celtic with 33 points from 15 games; Rangers with 31 points from 14 games; Hibernian with 29 points from 15 games and Dundee United with 27 points from 14 games. Celtic and Rangers both have a goal difference of +17, which is 5 more than Hibernian and 8 more than Dundee United.

Obviously, if we win at Tannadice we will top the SPL by 1 point and have a better goal difference but either way it will be tight at the top.

This is a must win game to put pressure on Celtic, but more importantly to go top of the SPL. It is away from home and our last away game at Pittodrie was not good. The big question in my mind is just how cagey will Walter play it? I really hope he goes for the jugular and attacks with two wingers and two up front like Saturday. In fact the team that played Saturday should get a chance to play again. If Weir is tired - its fairly soon after Saturday - play Wilson at CH in his place.

I do not wish to see McCulloch and Thomson back in the team together in the middle, nor do I wish to see us play with one up front. The team on Saturday had both width and pace and that does not happen often enough.

I think/hope though that Walter saw the advantage of having width and pace and will not change the team on Tuesday.

The team therefore is likely to be Alexander, Broadfoot, Bougherra, Weir/Wilson, Papac, Beasley, Davis, Thomson, Novo, Miller and Boyd.

If so we will win by 2 goals and Boyd will get a double.

I predict that Rangers will win by 3 - 1.

i honestly can't see this match going ahead due to all the fog, no doubt we'll go 2 up and then the match will get called off.

:lol:

Has it been foggy up in Dundee or just here in the West? This one is shaping up to quite a tasty grudge match, really looking forward to it.