keane going to celtic- Redknapp up to his tricks again

rugal

New Liverpool signing Robbie Keane admits it is a dream for him to sign for the Anfield outfit.

Keane, 28, signed from Tottenham on Monday in a deal worth £20.3m and says he always wanted to play for the Reds.

"I've been waiting for this day since I was a kid. I'm a massive fan, so to be sitting here in a Liverpool tracksuit is a dream come true," said Keane.

"I am so grateful just to be here. I love the club and this is the one dream I had still to achieve."

He added: "I always wanted to be a footballer as a kid, but also to play for Liverpool, maybe you never feel it is going to happen.

"Now I am enjoying every minute and I can't wait to pull on that red shirt. This is a massive club and I want to do everything I can to make them even more successful.

"The reasons I left Spurs are that I am a huge Liverpool fan and the chance to play for them may never come around again.

"This opportunity is something I couldn't let go. I am at an age now when I believe I am at my peak, and aim to kick on."

Keane's move has been criticised by Spurs chairman Daniel Levy, but he does not believe he betrayed the White Hart Lane outfit down by leaving.

"I do not think I let Spurs down. I had six fantastic seasons there and gave them everything, from day one," he said.

"I always give everything, and that will never change. The Spurs fans were always magnificent to me and I will always have a place in my heart for them.

"But this is a new chapter in my life and one that I am looking forward to. I had six great years at Spurs and thank them for that."

Keane, who is the Republic of Ireland's record goalscorer, says he cannot wait to begin his partnership with the club's Spanish sensation Fernando Torres, who scored 33 goals in all competitions in his debut season last term.

"He has been a revelation since he came to the Premier League," said Keane. "He was absolutely outstanding last year and also in the Euros with Spain.

"It is hard to leave Tottenham with some of the players they had - like Dimitar Berbatov, who I had a great relationship with - but Torres is probably the best striker in the world right now.

Keane is a lifelong Liverpool fan

"Hopefully we can play a lot of games together and do well."

Keane also revealed his pride in being handed the number seven shirt at Anfield, following in the footsteps of the likes of Liverpool legends Kenny Dalglish and Kevin Keegan.

"To wear that shirt is an honour, and something I truly understand. If I can have half as much success in it as Keegan and Dalglish did, I will be a happy man," he said.

Reds boss Rafael Benitez says he hopes the shirt inspires Keane to succeed at Liverpool.

"We were talking about the number, and the big names that have had this number, so it will be inspirational for him to have it too," said the Spaniard.

"We were looking for a player with game intelligence and good movement who could play alongside Torres.

"He can play with Torres up front and also on the right. He is a player who can give to us a lot of goals - normally he gets about 15 each year.

"We were looking for the workrate he can give to us, the game intelligence and also the goals."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/7530485.stm

Celtic are on the brink of signing Tottenham striker Robbie Keane on loan until the end of the season.

The Glasgow club are in talks with the Republic of Ireland international and hope to conclude the deal before Monday's midnight transfer deadline.

The 29-year-old has been consistently linked with a move to the club he is known to have supported as a boy.

Spurs manager Harry Redknapp said: "He needs to be playing and to go to Celtic is a dream come true for him."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...tic/8492185.stm

Just seems like another plastic paddy. How do the media and tims buy this shit? What a load of shite!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thought he was a big Sellick bhoy?? :rolleyes:<cr>

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

He's a lying tattie-munching c*nt bhoy. You were mistaken ;)

It was funny because it was them but I cringe whenever there is an opinion given by punters on the street for the news. I think they choose the thickest, neddiest tools they can find to make Glaswegians look like a stereotype. ffs the first two guys were clearly junkies. The second guy was rattling like fuck.

Tims have been portrayed on national telly in their true colours as junkie inbreds and your COMPLAINING?

Take a look hard look at yourself son :angry:

It was funny because it was them but I cringe whenever there is an opinion given by punters on the street for the news. I think they choose the thickest, neddiest tools they can find to make Glaswegians look like a stereotype. ffs the first two guys were clearly junkies. The second guy was rattling like fuck.

Tims have been portrayed on national telly in their true colours as junkie inbreds and your COMPLAINING?

They do the exact same thing when it's us. :craphead:

sun reporting that ramis wage demands were too high so deal fell through...

only the dhims would pay 65k p/w for a player they dont need yet not supply maybe 30k p/w to a player they do need. :pierre:

Mowbary and buff would be my dream 3some, couple a thick fucks :sherlock:

They do the exact same thing when it's us. :craphead:

jog on to father o'flaherty's

WTF GUYS ? its Robbie fucking Keane not C. Ronaldo ffs , whats this pish about Keane V Weir ? try Keane V boogie and boogie is the clear winner , once again more people concerned with what they shower of T****** cunts are doing . 10 clear WATP we welcome the chase :lol:

Aww .. Do I sense Jelousy? Yes in huge amounts!

Keano is home! Get it right up you's!!

We have money to spend , do you's remember what that feels like?

Still paying half of Pedro's wages I see , might aswell have been a free transfer!! Haha

10 points clear , we will see how long that lasts!

It's coming home to paradise!

Hail Hail!

Sorry Lloyds FC!!

Keanoooo!!

Money to spend and still 2nd best must really be hurting aye ?

Aww .. Do I sense Jelousy? Yes in huge amounts!

Keano is home! Get it right up you's!!

We have money to spend , do you's remember what that feels like?

Still paying half of Pedro's wages I see , might aswell have been a free transfer!! Haha

10 points clear , we will see how long that lasts!

It's coming home to paradise!

Hail Hail!

Sorry Lloyds FC!!

Keanoooo!!

Hello, its nice to see the free computers to single families who do not work come in handy. HE was home at Liverpool, there his team. I would hate to be 10 points behind ya dirty unwashed T*** cunt. Another molested child at the piggery. TFIO

Presently overseas and reading about their new signings. I always thought there was a limit on the number of loan signings you can make in a season. I think we suffered a bit when Eck was manager. Can someone confirm what the ruling is. Thanks in advance

Presently overseas and reading about their new signings. I always thought there was a limit on the number of loan signings you can make in a season. I think we suffered a bit when Eck was manager. Can someone confirm what the ruling is. Thanks in advance

I thought it was 5 but who am I to argue.

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

:lol: robbie keane,doesnt scare me in the least tbh i think its funny the tims are pating him mega bucks when hes living on a reputation and couldnt cut it at liverpool,well win the league and the timmys will be ragin

They played an interview when he signed for Liverpool 18 months ago and he said ...Team I've always supported, wanted to play for them since I was a boy, dream to be here balh blah blah......Then they played a bit from last night at the piggery and he said....well the same :) :)

Jakey in the studio must have been raging

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/7530485.stm

Worth a watch ;)

It IS Rangers related!