keane going to celtic- Redknapp up to his tricks again

rugal

this is a rangers forum but people should not insult intelligences and make themselves look stupid by saying robie keane is pish etc . he is a really class player , a clinical finisher and im gobsmacked they signed him to be prefectly honest. I was impressed they were able to get diamansy kamara who i have thought was a smashing player for a while imo he will also tear the spl a new hole. thats my realistic opinion. the dutch international left back from munich is apparently a good player and looks a good signing. was a VERY good day for celtic.

however look at their front line .... Keane, Kamara, Fortune, Samaras , Rasmussen <<<<wage bill must be unbelievable and the bayern munich lad must be on a fair wedge too. we win the league this year they can kiss goodbye to CL money and pick up that wagwe bill ! big gamble for em ,,,,,...

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

He's not a clinical finisher and never has been.

He won't score that many goals (IMO), he's always dropped deeper and drifted wide and that's what he's best at.

He'll need to do all the work with that lazy, yet talented bastard Kamara up front.

I don't think Keane will even be played as striker. He's their plastic messiah. They'll stick him centre mid, revolve the whole team around him, let him do everything and that still won't be enough for them to close the 10 point gap.

Brown still isn't fit. Plus he's shite anyway.

Fair point, fair point.

Still, the impression I got from the Brown thread I started a few months ago was that he made his name at Hibs as an energetic, hard-working, pacey right-sider, but got phased into the middle with the Celtic move, and has generally just being doing a good impression of a headless chicken ever since.

If that is the case, I'm surprised Brown hasn't found himself on the right again since Mowbray took over, considering it was TM who used him that way back at Hibs.

I don't think Keane will even be played as striker. He's their plastic messiah. They'll stick him centre mid, revolve the whole team around him, let him do everything and that still won't be enough for them to close the 10 point gap.

Doubt it.

- - - - - - - - - - Boruc

Hinkel - Hooiveld - Rogne - Braafheid

Brown - Crosas - N'Guémo - McGeady

- - - - - - Keane - Kamara

Got to be honest guys; that's not a bad line up.

Not sure how they're going to line up in defence, but I'd assume Hinkel, Hooiveld, Braafheid + one more. The hope is that the back 4 simply fail to settle.

How can you say that's not a bad line up? They haven't even played together yet!

- - - - - - - - - - Boruc

Hinkel - Hooiveld - Rogne - Braafheid

Brown - Crosas - N'Guémo - McGeady

- - - - - - Keane - Kamara

Got to be honest guys; that's not a bad line up.

Not sure how they're going to line up in defence, but I'd assume Hinkel, Hooiveld, Braafheid + one more. The hope is that the back 4 simply fail to settle.

How can you say that's not a bad line up? They haven't even played together yet!

Because I've seen the vast magority play, and know that a lot of those players there are a level about what you generally find at SPL level these days.

P.S. Keane and Kamara, while probably being their 2 best strikers, probably wont hit it off. Keane was always by far and away a better player when he played with someone like Sheringham, Mido or Berbatov. He'll need someone to hold the ball and play off, and from what I've seen of Kamara, he wont be that player (though ironically, someone like Samaras may well be).

he is so full of himself...

'The man who swept into Celtic Park just before midnight last night to cheers from over 3000 fans is set to make his debut tonight at Kilmarnock.

And Tony Mowbray is expected to ask the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland skipper to lead the team out – and all the way to the championship.

Celtic have delighted their fans by landing the Tottenham striker on loan until the end of the season.

In a dramatic final day of the transfer window, they also rejected another offer from Birmingham for Aiden McGeady.

Now Keane is looking forward to linking up with his Republic team-mate and the rest of the squad Mowbray has assembled.

He believes his experience will allow him to have a significant influence on the club in its time of major change.

Keane trained with his new team-mates for the first time today and commented: “I’ve always said I didn’t want to come here and play for Celtic just for the sake of it at 34.

“I want to make a real impact on the club. I believe I’m at the peak of my career and that I can do that.

“I’ve got the experience, and have been captain of a few clubs. I feel I’m good around the dressing room and will help the players on.

“When I went back to Tottenham last year, they were third from bottom of the league, and I helped them get back up the table.

'The man who swept into Celtic Park just before midnight last night to cheers from over 3000 fans is set to make his debut tonight at Kilmarnock.

And Tony Mowbray is expected to ask the 29-year-old Republic of Ireland skipper to lead the team out – and all the way to the championship.

Celtic have delighted their fans by landing the Tottenham striker on loan until the end of the season.

In a dramatic final day of the transfer window, they also rejected another offer from Birmingham for Aiden McGeady.

Now Keane is looking forward to linking up with his Republic team-mate and the rest of the squad Mowbray has assembled.

He believes his experience will allow him to have a significant influence on the club in its time of major change.

Keane trained with his new team-mates for the first time today and commented: “I’ve always said I didn’t want to come here and play for Celtic just for the sake of it at 34.

“I want to make a real impact on the club. I believe I’m at the peak of my career and that I can do that.

“I’ve got the experience, and have been captain of a few clubs. I feel I’m good around the dressing room and will help the players on.

“When I went back to Tottenham last year, they were third from bottom of the league, and I helped them get back up the table.

He helped them get back up the table? :lol:

Is he going to be made captain?

Kamara will be another Fortune IMO looked quite good in the EPL but up here with the in your face attitude and hard tackles the lad is going to be on the treatment desk more often than not, as for the others they may be talented but how many of them have experienced SPL football ? none of them , braaheid will be used to time on the ball etc as they get in Germany and Holland to play from the back , up here he is going to have a Kevin kyle flying at him and half the St mirren team elbowing him in the face etc , he aint going to cut it and neither will the rest IMO

He helped them get back up the table? :lol:

Is he going to be made captain?

thats what the Evening Tims is indicating

strolls in with his huge wage packet and snaps up the Captains armband as the Celtic Saviour

every defender in the SPL will be looking forward to showing him the scottish defending style

you'd better reinforce wour shin guards Robbie :craphead:

I actually don't mind Keane, he's never seemed like a wanker in his interviews or anything.

But he's not at the peak of his career when he's failed at Liverpool, can't get a game at Spurs and has ended up in the SPL at 29 years of age.

In the last three seasons 150m-160m-170m give or take was spent in the transfer window this season it was 30m and 10m of that was on Smalling to Man Utd.this was before Adam Johnston though whatever he went for? the reigns had to be drawn in somewhere it was lunacy, there are still many players on salaries bordering on insane, that must be the next thing addressed.

Mido is seemingly on 52k a year at WHU, grand a week, thats the other end of the scale altogether.

Lets just wait and see how 'not so Keane' handles getting booted up and down Scotland by shit defenders

who wont be slow to clatter him!!!

Bet it starts tonight at Killie (if he plays)

cmon 2 jimmys get your defenders to welcome him to Scotland......lets see how long till he starts moaning and gets

sent off. :D:D:D