Champions league money 2009/10

cnicholl2910

EDIT TO INCLUDE ARTICLE

Rangers’ Champions League Earnings 2009/10

Written by Boss

Thursday, 24 December 2009 16:29

You know me, I like numbers. So I was intrigued to read an article topping the prestigious Newsnow rankings which claimed that Rangers had “received more than €30 million from participation in this season's Champions League”.

“Oh really?” I thought, “Perhaps I’m going slightly mad. Surely the real number is little more than half that?” I dusted own my abacus, lubricated its beads, looked out my blue plastic spade (I use it to build snowcastles), and started digging.

UEFA don’t make it particularly easy to work out the exact numbers. The last download on UEFA’s website, detailing all the teams in the CL and their share of the various pots of money, seems to be for 2004/05. But if you dig deep enough, the information is available for 2007/08 – but it’s hidden away on page 53 of an obscure document.

http://home.rangersmedia.co.uk/index.php/a...earnings-200910

----------------------------------------------

ORIGINAL OP:

http://www.sportspromedia.com/notes_and_in...cation_websites

There was a report last week and Stuttgart,for example have benefitted by 9.9 million euros which includes an estimated 12% player valuation increase.Taking this off we are talking about 8.7 million which includes bonuses for points,tv,attendances, entry prize money.Since we only managed 2 points and £500k and a lot lowere home attendances I would guess at 7million at best. The big bucks come to the teams who play in the knock out stages.

We get €7.1m for being in the group stages, €800K performance bonus, around £5m TV money and in excess of £4m ticket money.

Bluedell you're about right - 7.9m euros TV money, 5/6m euros ticket/hospitality, 7m euros for group stages. We should be talking about £17.5m thanks to the weak pound.

We get €7.1m for being in the group stages, €800K performance bonus, around £5m TV money and in excess of £4m ticket money.

Bluedell you're about right - 7.9m euros TV money, 5/6m euros ticket/hospitality, 7m euros for group stages. We should be talking about £17.5m thanks to the weak pound.

Where do you get the TV money from, mate?

TV money won't be in Euros so there is no conversion there.

Are you sure? Surely UEFA pay out the TV money in euros?

Are you sure? Surely UEFA pay out the TV money in euros?

I thought it went directly from the TV companies to the teams? I could be totally wrong though.

UEFA work in Euros, mainly. At the start of the season UEFA said they'd be looking at how finance worked in the CL, i don't believe that we'll get 30m euros, but someone said £17.5m and that sounds pretty accurate, and tbh lads, that is why i aint worrying about this debt.

We clearly arent going to spend outwith our means, meaning our debt will/should be slashedbin half, imaigne if we win the league and get auto CL again? fresh start.. so vital why we keep players signed on.

Even if we get that we have costs to pay out of that. Not all profit. Good nevertheless. If we get 10m profit that would cut our debt to 21m. A big difference indeed.

I doubt that we will get anywhere near a £10m profit unless we start selling more players. I'd also estimate that the debt will be nearer £25m than £20m.

Guest The Brown Brogue

Not sure about this €30 million figure TBH...

But we will get €7.1 million for participating in the group stages, plus €400,000 per point so total prize money is right enough at €7.9 million.

Scotland I think gets a 2% share of the TV pot which I think this year is around €340 million, which would give us the full TV pot of approx. €7 million.

So before we even factor in the gate receipts/corporate packages etc we're looking at roughly €15 million, so i'd say in total we'd be looking at around €18-20 million.

In terms of the much publicised debt differential between ourselves and the filth dont forget this would represent quite a substantial swing due to them missing out on Champions League money this season, so next years accounts for both clubs should make for interesting reading.