When We Won The League At The Piggery

I was young at the time and away living in America so didnt follow the gers as much at this time, I always hear stories of mass hysteria on this day and people falling from the stands etc. Can someone pls explain what happened? Also, a good sum up story of the day as a whole would be nice :uk:

I was there and still to this day is the best game I have ever been at - it was EPIC! I didn't sit down once in the second half the bears were just bouncing!

The great unwashed tried very hard to get the game abandoned, hit the referee with coins, threw themselves off the upper tier stands etc just normal behaviour from TGFITW really ..................

Awesome day!

For any younger Bears wondering why all Rangers V Celtic games are played at 12:30 - this game is the reason. If memory serves me correctly it was a 18:00 kick off on a roasting hot Sunday. It may even have been a Bank Holiday the next day. The fans had been in the pub all day and the atmosphere was pure poison. Not I hasten to add in the Rangers end, we were in party mood.

The truth is Celtic were shite and their fans knew it and couldn't cope with the thought of Rangers winning the league at their own midden. This was no 'Old Firm' shame game as the press tried to portray it, the shame was all on the shoulders of Celtic, their fans were a disgrace and their ground should have been shut down after this game.

The scumbags even tried to get to the Rangers players as they were going up the tunnel at the end of the game. I used to have the whole game on my laptop but is sadly now wiped :( if any of you know where I can 'aquire' it a PM would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBkt6LlsGaA...0A6&index=1

For any younger Bears wondering why all Rangers V Celtic games are played at 12:30 - this game is the reason. If memory serves me correctly it was a 18:00 kick off on a roasting hot Sunday. It may even have been a Bank Holiday the next day. The fans had been in the pub all day and the atmosphere was pure poison. Not I hasten to add in the Rangers end, we were in party mood.

The truth is Celtic were shite and their fans knew it and couldn't cope with the thought of Rangers winning the league at their own midden. This was no 'Old Firm' shame game as the press tried to portray it, the shame was all on the shoulders of Celtic, their fans were a disgrace and their ground should have been shut down after this game.

The scumbags even tried to get to the Rangers players as they were going up the tunnel at the end of the game. I used to have the whole game on my laptop but is sadly now wiped :( if any of you know where I can 'aquire' it a PM would be appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBkt6LlsGaA...0A6&index=1

Would also like that PM if available (tu)

One thing I remember from this is when I was in the BB, the parade the year before all the boys wore Rangers tops and this year we were all going to wear celtic tops, they decided against it after this game.

One thing I remember from this is when I was in the BB, the parade the year before all the boys wore Rangers tops and this year we were all going to wear celtic tops, they decided against it after this game.

Eh?

Eh?

The boy is on Xmas drugs I think.

I remember listening to it on the radio and when Albertz scored the penalty I told my dad and he didn't believe me. Started crying and ran upstairs :lol:

Was only 7 at the time.

He was only 7?! Mustve been strange having you dad only a fewyears above you in school. :craphead:

It was my 30th birthday, I got drunk and we won the league at the piggery. Thats it in a nutshell.

What a birthday present :P

To be honest, my 18th birthday was better. Our first title in 9 years & dancing on the Pittodrie pitch was even better than seeing the Timplosion. May 2nd is a great day to be born.

I was young at the time and away living in America so didnt follow the gers as much at this time, I always hear stories of mass hysteria on this day and people falling from the stands etc. Can someone pls explain what happened? Also, a good sum up story of the day as a whole would be nice :uk:

All i remember really was being at my friends house playing Metal Gear Solid, then i got home and my mum told me what happend and i was hyper, watched the rerun of the game (still got the tape) about 3 times, then listened to the radio show wee fat boab, listening to all the moaning timmys going on about how "disgraceful" the old firm was getting, it was at that time i fully understood what the term "sweep sweep" meant and how they tryed to deflect blame and/or guilt. Fun times, and one the timmy will most likely never feel again :)

I remember watching that game in The Cross Keys pub in Coatbridge with many fellow Bears and, as soon as the final whistle had gone, two police vans pulled up outside because Timmies were looking to pick a fight with us. Nothing like being gracious in defeat, eh?!

A brilliant night. :uk:

This was the game that stopped 3pm and later kick offs for OF league games, the polis blamed drink for the tims going OTT, fuck all to do with them getting pumped then??? Thanks to the scum we have to put up with noon kick offs.