Does Form Count in an Old Firm Game

larkyloyal

We have always been made to believe the form book goes out the window in this fixture but in my experience of Old Firm games the form team go on to win more often than not.

To be honest I would happily take a draw here and now, I always would at Parkhead, but if current form is anything to go by then we can look forward to this one with some optimism.

Form helps definitely but the games being the way they are means that teams out of form can suddenly turn it on for one game. Hence the phrase

Statistically it shows that that the form team goes on to win the majority of these fixtures.

Then again, statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarfs are not Happy :craphead:

While I think form does go out the window - I read (but to lazy to research) recently that the home team wins more often than not - although that has not been recent experience - I just think its so hard to call wihich is why its always exciting/nerve wracking!

I don't believe the form team goes out of the window. I have neither the time nor the inclination, but someone did some research on that and found it to be nonsense. The form book goes out of the window no more in an Old Firm than in any other game.

It's not only about form, though. We are simply better than them :)

Dodgy refereeing helps over form, every time.

I fear they will be looking to get (and getting) the referee's assistance at every turn, dive, appeal and you name it.

We will need to be strong and Smith must go against his natural instincts and attack this shower of shite.

They are there for the taking.

So, to answer your original question.

"No". :sherlock:

I laugh when people say they are to lazy to research the results, well that is the only way to find the answer to the question. :)

Aye mate, but thats for correct answers............we're talking about Bluepeter9 remember. :D

IMO form is irrelevant. These fixtures can be used to turn a teams mindset around, I feel if we had won the 2-1 defeat at CP when Hesselink scored in the last minute, we would have went on and easilly won the title with timmy crumbling. The good thing is, I am 100% convinced that EVEN IF ( and it is NOT gonna happen ) Celtic were to beat us, it wouldn't change their defeat mindset. Mowbray is the worst OF manager I may have ever witnessed and that takes some doing.

I've said it before, I think 2-1 to us. ( I'd LIKE 4-1 with a mcmanus OG , Boyd double and Miller goal coupled with 2 Celtic players sent off ( Robson for hatcheting McCulloch and Caldwell for a last man challenge which gives us a penalty, Boyd scoring it to beat Larssons record ) this would give us incredable bragging rights and send timmy into utter and sheer meltdown, they would froth off and go mental and the only down side is that they would see Tony Mopery out the door ( :( ) .

But realistically here is my prediction of how the game will probably go: Rangers come out flying, Celtic shit themselves, we score first ( ball from Davis leads to defensive error from Loovens/McManus/Caldwell which puts Miller through and he finishes with Boruc getting a hand to it just to rub salt in ), we keep pushing, Celtic hit us on the counter to make it 1-1 ( McDonald poached goal, McCulloch didn't track McGeady run from centre, he cuts outside, puts it across and McDonald nips in ahead of Weir, McGregor unlucky not to save ). Celtic push forward and we reshape into 4-5-1 ( Walter ) and soak up pressure hitting on the break with a few counters that fizzle out ) The Horde anticipate a winner as McGeady dances about and fires wide, Samaras runs into dead alleys, McDonald starts to get frustrated and kicking out at Lee and Weir, eventually we go forward and Miller draws the foul from one of their "defenders". Davis whips the ball in and Big Kris rises to meet it with his head and Boruc nearly saving cant get enough behind it, GOAL! 2-1 to us and the game fizzles out with us winding the clock down in the corner area's. Whistle goes, we go mental, timmy froth and spit with rage and claims they were "cheated" ( no doubt there will be 4 or 5 dubious decisions for either team but if one leads to a Rangers goal it will draw the usual conspiracy nonsense from them. ) . We go home partying hard and timmy boo their team off the park and hijack the phone-ins with " we was cheated, Novo should be fined for winding us up, Mobray must go, we played well but just got unlucky, I can see Tony starting to get us playing better than Strachan did we was just unlucky." .

aaaahhhhh , I have called an awful lot right this season......lets just see if I have called this right but as long as we win and timmy is raging, I will be one happy bear.

( I'd still rather my dream scenario happened OBVIOUSLEY )

Form helps definitely but the games being the way they are means that teams out of form can suddenly turn it on for one game. Hence the phrase

Statistically it shows that that the form team goes on to win the majority of these fixtures.

Then again, statistically, 6 out of 7 Dwarfs are not Happy :craphead:

Hear that joke at the Aladdin panto?