Great Comparison on Big Lee

derekweir29

Pat Nevin what an absolutet tosser this man is.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...n-a-Milner.html

"For a guy who started with limited ability, he has maximised his potential.

"And that's the highest compliment you can pay any player."

folk say alot worse on here everyday about lee.

Pat Nevin what an absolutet tosser this man is.

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/ho...n-a-Milner.html

"For a guy who started with limited ability, he has maximised his potential.

"And that's the highest compliment you can pay any player."

No offence mate, but Nevin as an ex-pro who is good friends with big Lee by all accounts. How do you know he is wrong?

Can't argue with that. The question that needs answered is which club, bigger than Rangers, would have Lee play in the heart of their midfield? I can't think of any. In terms of being a top footballer he has limited ability and/or potential and has likely got as far as he could realistically go in his career................... so he's very lucky. He'll try to hold on to that for as long as he can so you can be sure he'll always be a trier, and sometimes he will comes up with the odd gem like Sunday. But he wouldn't be the first name on the team sheet

It's perserverance that creates professional footballers, really. I remember a thread on FF years ago asking 'what footballers went to your school?' and everyone said "X went to my school but there was a guy called Y who was much better but fell away during his teenage years".

I have no bone to pick with Nevin generally. I disagree often with him, but he never seems to have much of a agenda. No doubt others would disagree!

It's perserverance that creates professional footballers, really. I remember a thread on FF years ago asking 'what footballers went to your school?' and everyone said "X went to my school but there was a guy called Y who was much better but fell away during his teenage years".

I have no bone to pick with Nevin generally. I disagree often with him, but he never seems to have much of a agenda. No doubt others would disagree!

I generally find Nevin to be okay. Usually quite fair.

First commentator I heard that called Dodds a cheat after last week.

Id agree with the comment and Nevins fairer than a good few. Some people really need to stop doing what the tims do and look for a bias/conspiracy in every piece of media outlet going.

Nothing wrong with it. Big Broadfoot is another -- wee Nacho as well? Loads of players with 'limited' ability succeed because of desire and passion. And loads of players with loads of ability fail because they lack desire and passion...