Once you leave...

TheNuts

Admin may move this to the transfer section if it is better suited there.

After reading many posts about players like Cousin, Lovenkrands etc. returning to Rangers, i would just like to make this point:

If a player cant hack it at Rangers first time (amdy faye), if they are not Rangers material first time(daniel cousin), or they leave Rangers (bazza) - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

One recent example is Barry Ferguson. He left the club thinking he was better, then came back.

Never really rated him to be honest but once a player leaves Rangers they should not come back.

I do not expect players once they come to Rangers, to stay at Rangers for the rest of their lives, im just not a fan of them returning.

This goes for managers aswell, despite the success of Walter Smith.

I would like to know other peoples opinions on players returning.

Cheers lads.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

After reading many posts about players like Cousin, Lovenkrands etc. returning to Rangers, i would just like to make this point:

If a player cant hack it at rangers first time, if they are not Rangers material first time, or they leave rangers - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

One recent example is Barry Ferguson. He left the club thinking he was better, then came back.

Never really rated him to be honest but once a player leaves Rangers they should not come back.

Cheers lads.

Says the man with a picture of Kenny Miller in his signature. :D

If a player cant hack it at rangers first time, if they are not Rangers material first time, or they leave rangers - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

Cheers lads.

:lol::D

Cheers lads.

fergie could hack it first time round, dunno where you get to use him as an example, and he was here a long time, nothing says if you join rangers or are with us you must do for life, and its football, things like this happen and if it were to benefit the team i would put my own preferences, stupid or not second to whats best for rangers

Cheers lads.

ahah very true well done :pierre:

let it be known for the record i was very unhappy about his return. but i suppose he had wooed me over.

Cheers lads.

fergie could hack it first time round, dunno where you get to use him as an example, and he was here a long time, nothing says if you join rangers or are with us you must do for life, and its football, things like this happen and if it were to benefit the team i would put my own preferences, stupid or not second to whats best for rangers

but it is the fact that he returned.

of course i dont expect players to stay for life.

The circumstances under why they left should be taken into consideration, not every player wanted to leave, and it wasn't a case that every player who did leave weren't good enough for us.

Some players and managers don't get on, or they aren't the type of player that the manager wanted under the way they wanted the team to play.

Look at Rino as an example, Walter brought him in, but he wasn't fancied by Advocaat who got rid of him, are you saying he isn't good enough for Rangers?

Cheers lads.

and?. so if it would benefit the club and not fall in line with your views you would be against it, look at miller, hes done good

Cheers lads.

ahah very true well done :pierre:

let it be known for the record i was very unhappy about his return. but i suppose he had wooed me over.

me too

Cheers lads.

and?. so if it would benefit the club and not fall in line with your views you would be against it, look at miller, hes done good

personally i dont think fergies return benefitted the club.

Look its just my view that once a player leaves rangers they should not come back. They should move on and the club should move on and not turn back to players they used to have. Thats all im saying.

Cheers lads.

personally i dont think fergies return benefitted the club.

Look its just my view that once a player leaves rangers they should not come back. They should move on and the club should move on and not turn back to players they used to have. Thats all im saying.

no quarms mate, just totally pish view really

Lovenkrands was forced out the club by that rocket Le Guen. Theres alot of exceptions to why players leave Rangers, it isnt all about not "hacking it".

Lovenkrands couldn't kick his own arse until it was contract o'clock.

Good riddance.

Lovenkrands was forced out the club by that rocket Le Guen. Theres alot of exceptions to why players leave Rangers, it isnt all about not "hacking it".

Lovenkrands couldn't kick his own arse until it was contract o'clock.

Good riddance.

spot on

I don't like the idea of bringing ex players/manager back.

You could offer me Alan Hutton right now, and I wouldn't have him back, the same goes for Gio, Gattuso....

the OP seems a bit one track mind

players who may not have been good enough the first time might actually be good enough the second time

then you have players forced out by a certain manager who may not have liked them

then you have guys like cuellar, arteta etc who clearly went on to bigger and better things,

if a player walks away from rangers and sticks 2 fingers up at the club, then by all means banish the bastard