Once you leave...

TheNuts

I don't like the idea of bringing ex players/manager back.

You could offer me Alan Hutton right now, and I wouldn't have him back, the same goes for Gio, Gattuso....

you fishing muff? lol

hutton would walk into our team right now as would Rino the bambino, but i agree on Gio, hes done.

(tu)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could offer me Alan Hutton right now, and I wouldn't have him back, the same goes for Gio, Gattuso....

you fishing muff? lol

hutton would walk into our team right now as would Rino the bambino, but i agree on Gio, hes done.

(tu)

I'm not fishing!

I don't want to see any ex player/manager back at the club. Anyway, if I were to take any of those three, I'd take Gio above them all!

the OP seems a bit one track mind

players who may not have been good enough the first time might actually be good enough the second time

then you have players forced out by a certain manager who may not have liked them

then you have guys like cuellar, arteta etc who clearly went on to bigger and better things,

if a player walks away from rangers and sticks 2 fingers up at the club, then by all means banish the bastard

what about miller kissing the sellic badge?

you fishing muff? lol

(tu)

I'm not fishing!

I don't want to see any ex player/manager back at the club. Anyway, if I were to take any of those three, I'd take Gio above them all!

your at it!!! lol

what about miller, walter, coisty? are you against these guys muff?

Admin may move this to the transfer section if it is better suited there.

After reading many posts about players like Cousin, Lovenkrands etc. returning to Rangers, i would just like to make this point:

If a player cant hack it at Rangers first time, if they are not Rangers material first time, or they leave Rangers - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

One recent example is Barry Ferguson. He left the club thinking he was better, then came back.

Never really rated him to be honest but once a player leaves Rangers they should not come back.

I do not expect players once they come to Rangers, to stay at Rangers for the rest of their lives, im just not a fan of them returning.

This goes for managers aswell, despite the success of Walter Smith.

I would like to know other peoples opinions on players returning.

Cheers lads.

you sounded a bit like chairman mao there laddie. Is that just your opinion or a audit from ibrox?

Hateley came back. Doesnae that make him a cunt as well?

dont think miller ever kissed the celtc badge, though at first i didnt think he was good enough, now though? hes one of our most vital players who links up with the midfield.

He's often the first player to celebrate a goal, even before the goalscorer himself, and for being second-top goalscorer in the SPL at the half-way stage of this season is a credit to the boy.

If we could have other ex-gers come back and do that, i'd take them tbh. I wouldn't take the likes of Moree, Ricksen or Boumsong back though (on their day that is)

dont think miller ever kissed the celtc badge, though at first i didnt think he was good enough, now though? hes one of our most vital players who links up with the midfield.

He's often the first player to celebrate a goal, even before the goalscorer himself, and for being second-top goalscorer in the SPL at the half-way stage of this season is a credit to the boy.

If we could have other ex-gers come back and do that, i'd take them tbh. I wouldn't take the likes of Moree, Ricksen or Boumsong back though (on their day that is)

Miller sometimes beats his chest when he scores, the t*** badge was in the middle of their top at that point.

I think that's where the Miller badge-kissing chat came from.

you fishing muff? lol

(tu)

I'm not fishing!

your at it!!! lol

I didn't want any of them back, and I'd love all three of them to not be here come the start of next season!

you fishing muff? lol

(tu)

I'm not fishing!

your at it!!! lol

I didn't want any of them back, and I'd love all three of them to not be here come the start of next season!

so would i

(tu)

After reading many posts about players like Cousin, Lovenkrands etc. returning to Rangers, i would just like to make this point:

If a player cant hack it at Rangers first time, if they are not Rangers material first time, or they leave Rangers - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

One recent example is Barry Ferguson. He left the club thinking he was better, then came back.

Never really rated him to be honest but once a player leaves Rangers they should not come back.

I do not expect players once they come to Rangers, to stay at Rangers for the rest of their lives, im just not a fan of them returning.

This goes for managers aswell, despite the success of Walter Smith.

Cheers lads.

Agree with it all except Smith. Hard to make an argument that he 'turned his back' on the club when he left. Both he and the club needed a change at the time, and both benefitted from it. Souness however, was different. That fucker should never be back.

I wouldnt take back Hutton, ultimately he had 2 good seasons for us. Before that he was an utter bombscare, and has made no impact at Tottenham.

As a club, Rangers should be aiming higher than that. Hutts would struggle to break into most EPL sides, and as a club Rangers are better than that. I don't care if we're finacially f*cked, if you give top wages to a player who ultimately won't improve the side vastly we will remain a mediocre side in Europe for decades to come.

There are RBs in Serbia and other emerging nations who are twice the player of Hutton, for literally a fraction of the price.

Why are we so narrow minded as a club, we got amazing money for Hutton and ran with it.

And as for Gio, seriously? People complain about Weir being auld ffs :sherlock:

Do we include Gattuso and Van bronchorst in this? or will you just miss them out.

i wouldnt take Gio back

Rino maybe

(tu)

How about, 2 -3 years after they left?

Then again, there is the other aspect, the OP said "cant hack it", what if the situation was say, like Albertz? Didnt want to go, definately COULD hack it, new boss didnt fancy him.

Do we include Gattuso and Van bronchorst in this? or will you just miss them out.

i wouldnt take Gio back

Rino maybe

(tu)

Then again, there is the other aspect, the OP said "cant hack it", what if the situation was say, like Albertz? Didnt want to go, definately COULD hack it, new boss didnt fancy him.

one think i am not saying as every player leaves rangers cause they cant hack it....dont be stupid.

take amdy faye for example...he couldnt hack it,and left.

now i never want to see him back at ibrox, no matter if he improves or not.

understand?

i wouldnt take Gio back

Rino maybe

(tu)

we couldnt have afforded either of them 2 or 3 years after they left though, but at that time, yeah, they would have been massive signings.

Albertz was fantastic and if he could still cut it at that time, im not sure, he was getting on a bit, but no worse than what Eck or Le Guen made us watch!

(tu)

i wouldnt take Gio back

Rino maybe

(tu)

one think i am not saying as every player leaves rangers cause they cant hack it....dont be stupid.

take amdy faye for example...he couldnt hack it,and left.

now i never want to see him back at ibrox, no matter if he improves or not.

understand?

I dont understand how Faye became a pro footballer. Makes McCulloch look like Zico!

I only referenced that as it was in the post. Muff also says he never wants anyone back, well, I dont know. I think it depends on the player, their age, and why they left, and their current ability

Craig Moore is a great example of a player who left and came back, came back far far better player

If a player cant hack it at rangers first time, if they are not Rangers material first time, or they leave rangers - then they should NOT come back, under any circumstances.

Cheers lads.

Says the man with a picture of Kenny Miller in his signature. :D

ahah very true well done :pierre:

let it be known for the record i was very unhappy about his return. but i suppose he had wooed me over.

doh doh doh