Wilson and Fleck offered new contracts

Boab

I think i asked you this yesterday but who are we dropping from Weir, boogie, Boyd and Miller to play them ? Bearing in mind how crucial a season this is and what losing the league would mean is it the right time to be worrying about keeping young players happy ?

To put my cards on the table i think the four players listed above, when fit, are still far better players than the young guys.

As I said in the other thread, I don't think anyone should be dropped.

Perhaps rest Weir if we have an easier game before a big one and put Wilson in, put Fleck on for Boyd or Miller as soon as we comfortable in game - that sort of thing.

Basically, just more game time. The thing with Wilson, where he came in for the CL games and played really well, yet didn't get one minute of time on the park over a nine game spell before the Old Firm game, really annoyed me.

We knew we were losing Bougherra for that game and during that run, we were regularly three up with half an hour to go - why oh why wasn't Wilson given a run out to get ready for the scum game?

your talking far too much sense for some on this forum now, according to them there judas who are above their station who are useless, out of their depth, celtic minded and should be grateful for ever walter and the club offer them.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

DANNY WILSON and John Fleck have been left stunned by suggestions they have set their sights on England.

Rangers’ teenage stars, who still have 18 months to run on their contracts, have been unable to agree on new deals.

Repeated attempts by Chief Executive Martin Bain to broker pay packages have stalled.

And on Friday manager Walter Smith said it appeared the pair saw their futures elsewhere and were putting contracts ahead of their careers.

That has shocked Wilson and Fleck, both of whom have been Rangers supporters since boyhood.

Baulked

Wilson has baulked at accepting a new four-year deal.

It is understood that was in response to an offer heavily weighted towards appearances.

And while there is interest in the young central defender from Manchester United and Spurs, his desire is to stay at Ibrox, albeit on his terms.

Fleck is like-minded. Mainly used off the substitutes’ bench this season, he helped set up Nacho Novo’s winner at Hamilton yesterday.

His only wish is to do so with Rangers. In any case, there are no clubs currently queuing up to try and lure him south.

The players’ advisors, the Stellar Group, were last night tight-lipped on the situation.

All a spokesman would say was, “Our clients are fully committed to Rangers Football Club.”

http://www.dcthomson.co.uk/MAGS/POST/postindex.htm

Matthew Lindsay

Published on 18 Jan 2010

SASA Papac today urged Rangers contract rebels John Fleck and Danny Wilson to ignore their agents and pledge their futures to the Ibrox club.

Gers boss Walter Smith last week launched a scathing attack on Fleck and Wilson’s representatives after the teenages starlets rejected the chance to sign new deals with the Scottish champions.

Left-back Papac feels both players should accept the contract extensions on offer and try to further their careers with the Glasgow club.

On his defensive colleague Wilson, he said: “He must play now, in every game.

“For him, every game is a big experience.

“It is too early for him to go anywhere else right now, he can do that in the future. For now, his future is at Rangers.

“I hope he stays. It’s good for him here because at 18 years old he is playing and that is especially good for a defender. He has time to move on elsewhere.

“He has the quality to go and play on a big stage for a very big club, but Rangers is a big club and he can play in the Champions League every season.”

The Bosnian hopes Fleck and Wilson, who each have 18 months left on their contracts, can reach an agreement with Rangers soon.

Papac added: “You can’t sign a new contract in one day.

“You must speak a couple of times to get an agreement which is good for the club and for the player.”

Meanwhile, Stellar Group, who represent both Fleck and Wilson, have insisted both

players are keen to remain at Rangers.

A spokesman said: “There are no two ways about this – both lads are very happy at Rangers and want to stay.

“They feel they are in the right place at the right time and are working with the right people. They idolise Walter Smith.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor...rebels-1.999523

If it's true that the contracts are heavily weighted in terms of appearances, I don't blame Fleck and Wilson being reluctant to sign. The fact that he had to pay appearance money could make WS even less inclined to give them a game.

To be fair we don't fully know why they are rejecting the deals being offered, if both of them do have 18 months left on their contracts then they might be wanting to wait and see what happens at the end of the season with possible takeovers etc.

I will happily wait and see until during the summer period as I don't think either will be leaving in January.

as stated no one knows the terms, even at 1200 a week its hardly insulting especially if you add on the extras per appearance and goals etc if they get a yearly wage increase etc . they must understand the financial situation at present its not as if we can offer them 7k a week to have them playing now and again this season <cr>

I think i asked you this yesterday but who are we dropping from Weir, boogie, Boyd and Miller to play them ? Bearing in mind how crucial a season this is and what losing the league would mean is it the right time to be worrying about keeping young players happy ?

To put my cards on the table i think the four players listed above, when fit, are still far better players than the young guys.

As I said in the other thread, I don't think anyone should be dropped.

Perhaps rest Weir if we have an easier game before a big one and put Wilson in, put Fleck on for Boyd or Miller as soon as we comfortable in game - that sort of thing.

Basically, just more game time. The thing with Wilson, where he came in for the CL games and played really well, yet didn't get one minute of time on the park over a nine game spell before the Old Firm game, really annoyed me.

We knew we were losing Bougherra for that game and during that run, we were regularly three up with half an hour to go - why oh why wasn't Wilson given a run out to get ready for the scum game?

Because Walter doesn't care how he leaves us in terms of youth. He would rather 3-0 than risk 3-1 on his record setting us up for the future.

Because Walter doesn't care how he leaves us in terms of youth. He would rather 3-0 than risk 3-1 on his record setting us up for the future.

Walter cares more about the Rangers than you'll ever know.

I can sympathise with them both tbh. Both are being used as first team squad players and should get contracts that reflect that.

I'd agree with this.

It's up to the club to show the ambition. If we let Wilson go just now, it'll be a huge mistake.

Wilson & Fleck are on relatively poor money at the moment. They have been offered a small improvement, but they are aware that if Rangers get a buyer, there may be an uplift in the offer and therefore they can wait. They are not yet leaving Ibrox or are they at the stsage where they can be approached by another club. If I was in their position, i owuld do the same, ie wait & see

I can sympathise with them both tbh. Both are being used as first team squad players and should get contracts that reflect that.

I'd agree with this.

It's up to the club to show the ambition. If we let Wilson go just now, it'll be a huge mistake.

It'll be a huge mistake if we let either go.

Now we're not buying players, we need to either utilise our biggest home grown talents or cash in on them big time. Not let them sneak away for pittance before their established.

Smith and Bain need to be on this. I'm sure they will be.

Wilson & Fleck are on relatively poor money at the moment. They have been offered a small improvement, but they are aware that if Rangers get a buyer, there may be an uplift in the offer and therefore they can wait. They are not yet leaving Ibrox or are they at the stsage where they can be approached by another club. If I was in their position, i owuld do the same, ie wait & see

According to reports they both still have 18 months left on their contracts, it's why I'm not duly worried at this moment in time knowing how the press exaggerate the simplest story.

Shut your trap Broadfoot!

"It's a short career, and everyone has got to look after themselves. Who knows what could happen around the corner, one of them could get injured and that would be their career over."

:anguish:

Thanks for the encouraging words Broadfoot doh

Shut your trap Broadfoot!

"It's a short career, and everyone has got to look after themselves. Who knows what could happen around the corner, one of them could get injured and that would be their career over."

:anguish:

Thanks for the encouraging words Broadfoot doh

Broadfoot: Rangers can't cut it in Champions League

Rangers aren’t good enough to compete in the Champions League this season and will come under pressure from Celtic, according to a frank admission from Kirk Broadfoot.

With Celtic looming large across the city, bouyed by a new manager and a fuller bank account, the 24-year-old Broadfoot was quick to admit a depleted Rangers team will find it tough going next year, especially on the international stage.

“If we’re being realistic I don’t think we’ll really compete in Europe,” he said. “I think we’ll go out and we’ll try and do our best and get as many points as we can in the Champions League.

“But I think we’ve got a good enough squad to compete for the league title."

They should stop him talking to the press.

Broadfoot very rarely says the right things, hes a big dumplin

No, instead he says the truth.

They really should stop him talking to the press though.

Who is interested in hearing that?? I want lies!! And Bullshit!