Wilson and Fleck offered new contracts

Boab

This whole situation stinks of agents badly advising their players.

That's a cop-out.

These agents don't rule them. They are both adults, they are both capable of making up thier minds.

Ultimately, they make the decision, not an agent.

If they want to go, let them. Tell them from Ruddie not to let the door hit them on the arse on the way out.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This whole situation stinks of agents badly advising their players.

That's a cop-out.

These agents don't rule them. They are both adults, they are both capable of making up thier minds.

Ultimately, they make the decision, not an agent.

If they want to go, let them. Tell them from Ruddie not to let the door hit them on the arse on the way out.

It's not a cop out mate. Maybe the word "badly" wasn't the right word to use, but the agent will tell his player, that even if he wants to stay at Rangers, he will be able to get him a better deal that's what's on offer. That's what they get paid for. It's all part of the negotiation process IMO. I do however agree that players can make up their own minds, and in the end, they may do, but for now, the agent will try and get as good a deal for his player.

Withdraw the offer of the deal then bang the pair of them on the list, silly boys with maybe 30 games between them with ambition way outstripping ability, the agents are probably telling them teams will be tripping over themselves to sign them, call their bluff and put it to the test.

Lets see who comes a knocking, every EPL club will have plenty Wilsons and Flecks around the place unable to break into the first team squad, will they want more??

The official site even running with the story:

Rangers could lose both Danny Wilson and John Fleck to English football after manager Walter Smith revealed the pair turned down new contracts.

The 18-year-olds, who both have 18 months left on their current deals, were offered lucrative new contracts but have been advised by their agents to turn those offers down and look to further their careers down south.

Wilson has only just burst into the top team set up making his debut at Dundee two months ago in the Co-operative Insurance Cup and has subsequently played in all competitions for Rangers.

He is once more deputising for Madjid Bougherra, who is on duty at the African Cup of Nations.

Fleck, who has been in the squad for over two years now, has had a stop-start season and most of his appearances have come from the bench. His last start was at Aberdeen on November 28.

Smith had hoped the two players would want to continue to learn their trade with Rangers.

He said: "It's disappointing that they've turned down new contracts but that's the world we live in at the moment.

"Could things change on that front? It certainly doesn't look like it. The disappointing aspect is that contractual aspects for 18-year-olds have been placed before careers.

"I've not had any conversations with the players' agents to find out their reasons for turning down the deals.

But it's quite straight forward. They've turned it down so they must see an opportunity elsewhere which would probably need to be down in England, I would imagine''

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/article...2254024_1934270

They r both 18 but are being silly wee boys Hutton should have a word with them to tell them the grass is not always greener on the other side have to agree bung them on the transfer list now and see who comes calling

Any Rangers supporting 18 year old in Scotland would sign for Rangers for pennies. Me? id pay to play for Rangers every week. But these 2, get a few runs of games and think they can blag us for more money. Someone needs to stick it into their heads, if their going to use Rangers as a stepping stone to a bigger club you actually have to prove your worth before you try getting yourself a new club already.

We should agree to let them go an put a £3 or £4 million value on each; there will be no takers and it is 12 months before they can negotiate deals with other clubs and who knows what will happen in the next year for club and players.

Not true, players can negotiate deals with other clubs anytime during their current contract as long as they see out their current contract.

Both should have been given 5 year deals on their 17th birthdays but there's no point crying over spilled milk.

They both have 18 months to run on their contracts; a full year before they are allowed to discuss contracts with other clubs. Let them prove themselves worthy of a better deal at Rangers in the mean time and if they don't shape up, move them on.

Except one of them isnt an 18year old Rangers supporter.... :dry:

Unfortunately they are too young to realise what they have got, someone has dangled promises of riches ahead in the EPL and they appear to have bitten hook line and sinker.

See you at Hibs in 5 years guys.

Players don't have to go where their agent tells them to go. Wilson/Fleck should start thinking for themselves and not have agents run their lives.

If they don't want to play for The Rangers, then they can GTF. Seriously. watch them rot down south and they will be playing for St. Mirren in a few years. And what the fuck has Fleck done to bring on such an arrogant attitude? Wilson has tons more potential than him... but still Danny... very disappointed in you.

After Magic comes back, Wilson, back to the reserves... See if you change your tune.

Really pissed off with this.

The mlost ironic thing is they would get more game time at ibrox now than they would ever have gotten in recent history. They are 18ffs and both far from the finished article. What premiership team would have either in there starting line up right now ?

Big mistake but i am sure Rangers will survive if they move on.

I'm better at my job than the people I work with but my employers show no appreciation of that, in fact it means next to nothing to them. A footballer needs to do what is best for their short careers. If we can't compete then that is the way of it. No use taking Dundee united players and Hibs players then complaining when the same is done to us. All we can do is trust our management team to be fair and responsible, can't ask more than that. When you see us wasting money on schect like Rothen, When I see Kyle Havin-a-Lafferty, I'd be asking myself how much am I valued?

From what I've heard on the grapevine Fleck's dad has been threatening Smith to tout him to The Big Four for two seasons now unless Fleck gets more starts. Obviously Smith doesn't rate him and who can blame him on the strength of the performances we have seen? Smith seemingly won't put up with the same sort of nonsense from Wilson either; talent doesn't seem to be an issue in this case, commitment is. We're talking about a manager who transfer listed The Goalie...

We should agree to let them go an put a £3 or £4 million value on each; there will be no takers and it is 12 months before they can negotiate deals with other clubs and who knows what will happen in the next year for club and players.

Not true, players can negotiate deals with other clubs anytime during their current contract as long as they see out their current contract.

They can't sign a precontract to move on a free until they are in the last 6 months of their contract.

Not true, urban myth

i think the limelight has went to their heads!!!!

wilson everyone know how could he could become but if he think he can better himself down in the english 1st or 2nd or even EPL reserves team then he really needs to get himself a new agent he is young but he could become a rangers legend if he sticks with us.

as for fleck he had alot of hype thrust upon him from a young age before he had even made a apperence for rangers everyone was sayin how good this kid is.. he has been given a few chances in the team but tbh he aint really steped up to the plate.

If both players do want to stay at rangers maybe a loan spell for one or both of them would make them relise what playing for rangers means.

Both should have been given 5 year deals on their 17th birthdays but there's no point crying over spilled milk. They both have 18 months to run on their contracts; a full year before they are allowed to discuss contracts with other clubs. Let them prove themselves worthy of a better deal at Rangers in the mean time and if they don't shape up, move them on.

Dangerous game, what if you give someone a 5 year contract and they bomb after a year? Not as easy as that, we can all be good generals after the war

Both should have been given 5 year deals on their 17th birthdays but there's no point crying over spilled milk. They both have 18 months to run on their contracts; a full year before they are allowed to discuss contracts with other clubs. Let them prove themselves worthy of a better deal at Rangers in the mean time and if they don't shape up, move them on.

Dangerous game, what if you give someone a 5 year contract and they bomb after a year? Not as easy as that, we can all be good generals after the war

Granted, but if we are to follow this business model of developing youth a la Ajax etc we need to look at this. Both Fleck and Wilson were making enough waves to be offered pro deals prior to their 17th birthdays.

somebody before mentioned liam miller. i totally agree. does anyone remember walter saying he wasnt playing fleck to try to keep his feet on the ground (about a year back). clearly his attitude/warped determination is getting ahead of him at the same time as wilson is beginning to believe his own hype. i cant help but think these 2 will go to mediocre EPL clubs and 2 years down the line be playing in a low end championship team :(