"Our clients are fully committed to RFC"

sairdy

Last line has a decent quote.

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

DANNY WILSON and John Fleck have been left stunned by suggestions they have set their sights on England.

Rangers’ teenage stars, who still have 18 months to run on their contracts, have been unable to agree on new deals.

Repeated attempts by Chief Executive Martin Bain to broker pay packages have stalled.

And on Friday manager Walter Smith said it appeared the pair saw their futures elsewhere and were putting contracts ahead of their careers.

That has shocked Wilson and Fleck, both of whom have been Rangers supporters since boyhood.

Baulked

Wilson has baulked at accepting a new four-year deal.

It is understood that was in response to an offer heavily weighted towards appearances.

And while there is interest in the young central defender from Manchester United and Spurs, his desire is to stay at Ibrox, albeit on his terms.

Fleck is like-minded. Mainly used off the substitutes’ bench this season, he helped set up Nacho Novo’s winner at Hamilton yesterday.

His only wish is to do so with Rangers. In any case, there are no clubs currently queuing up to try and lure him south.

The players’ advisors, the Stellar Group, were last night tight-lipped on the situation.

All a spokesman would say was, “Our clients are fully committed to Rangers Football Club.”

Link

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

DANNY WILSON and John Fleck have been left stunned by suggestions they have set their sights on England.

Rangers’ teenage stars, who still have 18 months to run on their contracts, have been unable to agree on new deals.

Repeated attempts by Chief Executive Martin Bain to broker pay packages have stalled.

And on Friday manager Walter Smith said it appeared the pair saw their futures elsewhere and were putting contracts ahead of their careers.

That has shocked Wilson and Fleck, both of whom have been Rangers supporters since boyhood.

Baulked

It is understood that was in response to an offer heavily weighted towards appearances.

And while there is interest in the young central defender from Manchester United and Spurs, his desire is to stay at Ibrox, albeit on his terms.

Fleck is like-minded. Mainly used off the substitutes’ bench this season, he helped set up Nacho Novo’s winner at Hamilton yesterday.

His only wish is to do so with Rangers. In any case, there are no clubs currently queuing up to try and lure him south.

The players’ advisors, the Stellar Group, were last night tight-lipped on the situation.

All a spokesman would say was, “Our clients are fully committed to Rangers Football Club.”

Link

Thought Wilson was a celtic fan?....

no one knows what goes on at the club and with contract details, but i have being appalled at the responses to the abuse given to fleck and wilson on some of the threads. If things are not done right we can lose the next two or three with ness and wylde and little or will they get the same abuse as well.

I think everyone forgets half of you moan about youth not given a proper chance, fleck yet to be in his natural position, and wilson getting a game depending on boughie's attitude at the time

My personal view is that walter, with all the plaudits he gets for his man management, does not register with the younger members of the squad, and his lack of faith in them might be one of the contributing factors in there non commiteal at this time.

hope they stay for the long haul and become legends in their own right.

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

Baulked

Link

He is, the "boyhood heroes" cliche is a favourite amongst hacks in Scotland.

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

Baulked

Link

How do you know he's a tim exactly ?

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

Baulked

Link

Nobody really knows I think, probably just becuase he hasn't publically said he was a Rangers fan.

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

Baulked

Link

Nobody really knows I think, probably just becuase he hasn't publically said he was a Rangers fan.

people just think cause he went to a catholic school he's a tim. not sure if he is or he isn't a tim myself.

Wilson a tim :anguish:

If you were an eighteen year old on a deal to get a pay rise dependent on games under Smith, would you sign?

I would, but that's because I'd do anything for Rangers. If I was a pro footballer, I'd maybe want to re-think that....

no one knows what goes on at the club and with contract details, but i have being appalled at the responses to the abuse given to fleck and wilson on some of the threads. If things are not done right we can lose the next two or three with ness and wylde and little or will they get the same abuse as well.

I think everyone forgets half of you moan about youth not given a proper chance, fleck yet to be in his natural position, and wilson getting a game depending on boughie's attitude at the time

My personal view is that walter, with all the plaudits he gets for his man management, does not register with the younger members of the squad, and his lack of faith in them might be one of the contributing factors in there non commiteal at this time.

hope they stay for the long haul and become legends in their own right.

At the standard that they are at they are lucky to be playing in front of 50,000. Gary Harkins of Dundee is a far better player than Fleck will ever become and Wilson was lucky he had Weir beside him to cover for what was an embarrassment of an Old Firm debut. I'm looking forward to the Liam Mller scenario playing out with these two. Dundee United looking for a centre half and striker in three years? They'll be crawling to come back soon enough but f*ck them Little is far better than either.

Gers’ duo in shock

By Danny Stewart

Baulked

http://www.sundaypost.com/postindex.htm

i knew all along they would want to stay it is the best for them and the club :praise:

At half time I was talking to a Bear I've known for some years at New Douglas Park yesterday, we were discussing this very subject and young Wilson in particular. He told me that the Wilson clan are, quote, "Celtic daft", end quote.

I've also heard the tale doing the rounds (rumours, eh?) that his squad number of '66' was nearly '67', but that his request for same was turned down. It doesn't therefore take a genius to work out why.

That said, he's been on our books since he was a 10-year-old and is one of the few possible success stories to emerge from Auchenhowie for some time, so regardless of his leanings - get his contract extended, because if he does turn out to be as good as some think he will, if the EPL clubs do come calling (all speculation so far) then at least we'd be able to command a decent fee for him if he's on a longer term contract.

PS. Note that I said (above) that he is "one of the few possible success stories". He's in no way the finished article, as seen yesterday where I thought he'd had one of his more difficult days and struggled somewhat against the big Accies striker.

Days like that should hopefully put things into perspective for him and get his head back down to earth.

At half time I was talking to a Bear I've known for some years at New Douglas Park yesterday, we were discussing this very subject and young Wilson in particular. He told me that the Wilson clan are, quote, "Celtic daft", end quote.

I've also heard the tale doing the rounds (rumours, eh?) that his squad number of '66' was nearly '67', but that his request for same was turned down. It doesn't therefore take a genius to work out why.

That said, he's been on our books since he was a 10-year-old and is one of the few possible success stories to emerge from Auchenhowie for some time, so regardless of his leanings - get his contract extended, because if he does turn out to be as good as some think he will, if the EPL clubs do come calling (all speculation so far) then at least we'd be able to command a decent fee for him if he's on a longer term contract.

PS. Note that I said (above) that he is "one of the few possible success stories". He's in no way the finished article, as seen yesterday where I thought he'd had one of his more difficult days and struggled somewhat against the big Accies striker.

Days like that should hopefully put things into perspective for him and get his head back down to earth.

As a resident handwringer I would like to say if Wilson has any doubts get him tae fcuk ! ;)(tu):sherlock:

It all just sounds like part of the negotiating. First they turn down contracts, then it's leaked to the press so fans put pressure on the club to get them signed, then Walter comes out with a statement saying that contract negotiations have broken down because the boys want to move south, then it's revealed that they are committed to Rangers "on their terms". All this is posturing and bargaining on both sides and I believe in the end some form of deal is going to take place for both of them.

What a feckin embarassment, constantly having our brand dragged through the mud by this penny-pinching.

How much are we paying Velicka and Rothen, yet we can't tie up the club's best two young prospects because we're offering some pay-as-you-play pittance?

This is the sort of thing that should really spark talk of a boycott, but people are just happy as larry because we're ahead of a crap Celtic team.

What a feckin embarassment, constantly having our brand dragged through the mud by this penny-pinching.

How much are we paying Velicka and Rothen, yet we can't tie up the club's best two young prospects because we're offering some pay-as-you-play pittance?

This is the sort of thing that should really spark talk of a boycott, but people are just happy as larry because we're ahead of a crap Celtic team.

Aren't the team that loaned Velicka for the season paying his salary?

As a resident handwringer I would like to say if Wilson has any doubts get him tae fcuk ! ;)(tu):sherlock:

As a resident neck-wringer I actually said to the guy yesterday, "I'd make them both a final offer and if they decline that, sell them NOW and get something now rather than nothing at the end of their contracts."

In my defence though, we were playing rotten up to that point, Wilson was struggling and Fleck was still sitting on his arse on the bench.

It was my angry/unreasonable/pissed-off head speaking. :pierre:

As a resident neck-wringer I actually said to the guy yesterday, "I'd make them both a final offer and if they decline that, sell them NOW and get something now rather than nothing at the end of their contracts."

In my defence though, we were playing rotten up to that point, Wilson was struggling and Fleck was still sitting on his arse on the bench.

It was my angry/unreasonable/pissed-off head speaking. :pierre:

you have another kind of head? :sherlock:

once again wilson was poor yesterday against a third rate attacker can somebody tell me his attributes? will just be like all the other

so called great scottish prospects ive seen over the last 30 years[derek ferguson billy davis john spencer charlie miller to name a few}

all wonder boys all future internationalists what happened? wilson is exactly the same hes reached his peak hes playing against 3rd rate

players and cant even shine and he wants to play down south against far better players let him go and cash in now. no young scottish player has ever left rangers and went to a "bigger team" the only exception was gattuso and hes italian the truth is scottish players are rotten, simples!