My xbox has chucked it

StevenDavis

Unbelievably gutted. Everytime I switch it on, I get 1 red flashing light and an error code of E73. Tried unplugging everything, then replugging everything in and that didn't work, disconnected the hdd and switched it on, didnt work, tried over heating it, didn't work. Anyone got any suggestions? I really can't be arsed sending it away.

Cheers.

Unbelievably gutted. Everytime I switch it on, I get 1 red flashing light and an error code of E73. Tried unplugging everything, then replugging everything in and that didn't work, disconnected the hdd and switched it on, didnt work, tried over heating it, didn't work. Anyone got any suggestions? I really can't be arsed sending it away.

Cheers.

Tell it everything will be alright and give it a cuddle. :pipe:

You wont fix E74 properly with the towel trick. It's covered by the 3 year warranty though, so you will have to send it away (assuming it's less than 3 years old obviously). Mine did this and it took a week for it to get there and back. I used my own box though.

You wont fix E74 properly with the towel trick. It's covered by the 3 year warranty though, so you will have to send it away (assuming it's less than 3 years old obviously). Mine did this and it took a week for it to get there and back. I used my own box though.

It's E73 mate. (tu)

Tried absolutely fucking everything. So annoyed. It's less than 3, got it Xmas 2007. :(

Surely there'll be a few knocked-off ones kicking about the scheme?

I don't even live anywhere near the scheme!

If you drew a big circle round the scheme, your garage would be at the centre of it.

Full of stolen car-stereos.

It's E73 mate. (tu)

Tried absolutely fucking everything. So annoyed. It's less than 3, got it Xmas 2007. :(

Ah right sorry. E73 is the Ethernet port fucking up apparently... you could force a RRoD? Then send it off?

Wrap a towel around it and keep it on while playing a game, this should hopefully pop the graphics card. Then you can send it off to MS under warranty (tu)

Worth trying I guess if it's fucked anyway.