Golf

kplfishtank

15 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Playing Royal Dornoch on Saturday looks amazing, anyone played it?

Played it a couple of years back pretty decent but not value for money for the price you pay for it. If you are staying up there for a while go up to Brora and play there. 

Played the open at Bathgate on Saturday went out in 41 which wasn’t bad as I wasn’t hitting the ball well then the back 9 took a 4 at the par 3 and then hit the ball out of bounds on the next and fell apart. Course was stunning and the greens were rapid. 

28 minutes ago, RFC RYAN said:

Played it a couple of years back pretty decent but not value for money for the price you pay for it. If you are staying up there for a while go up to Brora and play there. 

Played the open at Bathgate on Saturday went out in 41 which wasn’t bad as I wasn’t hitting the ball well then the back 9 took a 4 at the par 3 and then hit the ball out of bounds on the next and fell apart. Course was stunning and the greens were rapid. 

Im not paying for it thankfully! Only up for the weekend, playing both courses at Dornoch.

35 minutes ago, lewislaudrup said:

Playing west lothian this friday. Never played there before. Anyone been?

Played it many times, I enjoy it though to be fair I have never played it in fast running conditions. Some cracking holes, the 16th par 4 is a cracker 

I have a mate plays there, plays off 2.

9 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

I’m thinking about getting away for a wee away day. Anyone seen any good deals on offer? 

Spey Valley usually do good deals. Seen a a few on facebook. Machrihanish is a good trip. We done it last year was a great weekend.

15 minutes ago, LiviGer said:

Spey Valley usually do good deals. Seen a a few on facebook. Machrihanish is a good trip. We done it last year was a great weekend.

Played machrahanish few times, it’s just spectacular. That opening tee shot would give you the fear and a hardon at the same time.

12 minutes ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Played machrahanish few times, it’s just spectacular. That opening tee shot would give you the fear and a hardon at the same time.

Have you ever played the Dunes course next to the airport? Stunning course.

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Anybody playing the chrome softs? Been hearing good things so going to give them a bash tomorrow.

Yeah that’s the ball I use I use the football version of it but it’s still a Chrome soft just the truvis version of it. 

Medal tomorrow our course open is next Sunday the same day as Aberdeen away.

Played Caldwell last week. Was ok. Nothing special. New driver so took a few to get into it and was driving better than usual. 

Iron and short game was best ive been in ages. Misshit 2 the full round which is good for me.

Putting must have cost me at the very least 15 strokes. Twice I was on greens for birdie putts and ended up bogey and double bogey. Need to work on that a bit

Playing troon Fullerton on sunday.

Just now, RFC RYAN said:

I like them been using them for about 3-4 year changed back to the prov1x for last year but back to the Chrome soft now. 

Cool I’ll see what think. Heard they are meant to be excellent off the driver and very receptive around the greens.

Absolutely seething. Hit a drive poker straight down middle of the first fairway to 93 yards from the green and left with this, a fucking hole with half my ball submerged and absolutely no shot.

Tried it, bladed into the shite and start with a 7. Punished for hitting it straight. 

Walked off, told the club manager his staff are fucking shite and complaint submitted. Fucking raging.????

84A7E9FE-0945-417C-8EC0-171AE166C311.jpeg

1 hour ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Absolutely seething. Hit a drive poker straight down middle of the first fairway to 93 yards from the green and left with this, a fucking hole with half my ball submerged and absolutely no shot.

Tried it, bladed into the shite and start with a 7. Punished for hitting it straight. 

Walked off, told the club manager his staff are fucking shite and complaint submitted. Fucking raging.????

84A7E9FE-0945-417C-8EC0-171AE166C311.jpeg

Put yer tampon back in