Terry dropped as England captain

papaguy51

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Load of bollock's if you ask me. The English press have hounded him out, and why was David Beckham never stripped of the captaincy after his so-called affair with Rebecca Loos... ?

If Fabio Capello has taken the captaincy from Terry, then it should go to Wayne Rooney or Frank Lampard.

this seems to have divided this forum somewhat!!

had the matter been dealt with privately he wouldnt have had to step down but because of the media frenzy it seems like it was bound to happen!!

load of bollocks too if you ask me - terry is the right man to captain england!

had the matter been dealt with privately he wouldnt have had to step down but because of the media frenzy it seems like it was bound to happen!!

:anguish::anguish: :anguish: :anguish: :anguish:

I think its the right choice. Bridge is a popular lad in the England team, as he was in the Chelsea team and is now in the City team. So many of the players Terry will have to captain and that will be like "Fuck ye". I think a captain needs respect and JT has lost a lot of that with this.

Right choice.

(tu)

Wayne Bridge aint playing with England (at least i fucking hope he isnt as he is pish)

So its a private matter, not a football matter.

JT is the best and some would say only man for the job, this dents our wc hopes so much.

Fuck the media for this one.

Being captain demands respect. I doubt any England players have much of that for JT at the moment. It's basically down to the players and it seems like most have lost personal respect for JT so he should not be captain.

Regardless of the captaincy issue it will still rob bridge a place in the squad. He would not get picked ahead of cole but would still likely be in the squad, that would cause too many problems now