***AC Milan v Manchester Utd thread***

bluenose_72

With 80,000 expected at the San Siro for tonight's game, lets hope it lives up to expectations!

Milan have been stuttering of late and find themselves 3rd in Serie A, 2 points behind the resurgent Roma. Pato is expected to be back in the line up after Mancini went off injured in the 3-2 win over Udinese. Along with Ronaldinho, and most likely Borriello up front, Pato will try and cause United's defence problems.

On the other side, rampant Rooney has been the main man in Manchester. He seems to have replaced Ronaldo's goals and will look to break through a Milan defence that hasn't been great over the past few weeks. Keeper Nelson Dida has looked as dodgy as ever. Vidic and Anderson are out for United.

Predictions?

I think Man Utd will edge it 2-1 with 2 goals from Rooney and Ronaldinho for Milan.

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it will be 1-1 or 2-1 Milan

Bit harsh on Milan there Bluenose, there usually a different prospect in Europe

Not this season :anguish:

Milan have been better in the league, worse in Europe. Failed to win a game at home in Europe this season!

Can't see anything but a Utd win.

The Milan midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini is so slow and the likes of Carrick and Fletcher will have a field day in there IMO.

3-1 Utd.

I wouldn't have said Fletcher and Carrick were that quick either....

Can't see anything but a Utd win.

The Milan midfield of Pirlo, Gattuso and Ambrosini is so slow and the likes of Carrick and Fletcher will have a field day in there IMO.

3-1 Utd.

I wouldn't have said Fletcher and Carrick were that quick either....

Utd will probably go with a 5 man midfield of Nani-Scholes-Fletcher-Carrick-Park and against the Milan 3 I can see them winning the midfield battle and winning comfortably.

If Milan can get the ball to Ronaldinho and Pato they will have a chance but I feel if Utd press them high up the pitch we won't see a lot of Ronaldinho. Let's hope I'm wrong though and we see and open and exctiting game.