Allan McGregor

kanjo

Having a debate with a friend.

My argument is, I'd rather sell McGregor for all he's worth in the summer because i simply don't think he sends a good image to young fans off the park, and is an unsetteling member of our squad.

His argument is we shouldn't sell him. Plain and simple.

What do you guys think?

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My argument is, I'd rather sell McGregor for all he's worth in the summer because i simply don't think he sends a good image to young fans off the park, and is an unsetteling member of our squad.

What do you guys think?

Who the fuck cares about role models?

Players are there to win trophies not to show your kids they way they should run their lives.

I wonder if you would have been saying the same about Gazza? McCoist? Gorum? Nah, I didn't think so.

He used those players as an example. Gazza was an irreplaceable talent, as was Goram at that time. McGregor is -far- from irreplaceable.

Would Alexander have saved the shot from Samaras right after McCulloch equalised for us at the piggery?

Would Alexander have saved that shot at Bremen?

If the answers no (which we all know it is), then that shows he's irreplaceable.

Too many people have a problem with McGregor over what happened with the Jocks. I don't care what he does off the park, if he keeps pulling saves like that he can rape my fucken maw while giving my da the finger for all I care.

How do you know, with absolute certainty..Alexander wouldn't have made those saves?.

How about the 2 penalty shootouts Alexander has been succesfull in, would Mcgregor (a predominantly right handed goalkeeper) have made those saves?.

I can do that aswell, it dosen't change the subject though. I'd rather my club played true pro's, not have our own verison's of boruc.

How do you know, with absolute certainty..Alexander wouldn't have made those saves?.

How about the 2 penalty shootouts Alexander has been succesfull in, would Mcgregor (a predominantly right handed goalkeeper) have made those saves?.

I can do that aswell, it dosen't change the subject though. I'd rather my club played true pro's, not have our own verison's of boruc.

Your contradicting yourself there.

Goram, Gascoigne and McCoist were hardly true pro's....

What you're really trying to say is, "I'd rather my club played true pro's....unless I liked them".

We both know Alexander would never have saved them. I like Alexander, who's nearwhere near McGregors class though.

What you're really trying to say is, "I'd rather my club played true pro's....unless I liked them".

We both know Alexander would never have saved them. I like Alexander, who's nearwhere near McGregors class though.

You fishing? They trained like fuck and gave 100% anytime they played!

I already explained your comparissons to Gazza and co. Didn't you read?. They were irreplaceable, and fee's for them at that time would have been insignificant in comparisson to what they gave the club.

On the subject of Alexander. If your going to say Alexander would never have made those saves, then justify how you know this in certainty?

I'd rather take £5million now, rather than seeing my club be the focus for front page news on all media sources for the wrong reasons, be it financially or because of a players' behaviour.

...and McGregor doesn't?

Is there much role models in football nowadays?

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney and more have had their share of controversy in their private lives.

McGregor's no angel, but he is a fantastic goalkeeper.

I already explained your comparissons to Gazza and co. Didn't you read?. They were irreplaceable, and fee's for them at that time would have been insignificant in comparisson to what they gave the club.

On the subject of Alexander. If your going to say Alexander would never have made those saves, then justify how you know this in certainty?

I'd rather take £5million now, rather than seeing my club be the focus for front page news on all media sources for the wrong reasons, be it financially or because of a players' behaviour.

Ah right, so you didn't mind the other ones being front page news because they were irreplaceable.

McGregor is the best keeper at the club, the best keeper in Scotland and one of the best in Britain. Why sell that unless you have to?

...and McGregor doesn't?

I am not saying he doesn't. I am trying to understand why you were saying that about Goram, Gascoigne and McCoist.

John Terry, Ashley Cole, Steven Gerrard and Wayne Rooney and more have had their share of controversy in their private lives.

That's ok...they're "irreplaceable" to their clubs. :rolleyes:

That's ok...they're "irreplaceable" to their clubs. :rolleyes:

Also some media sweeping too.

Apart from Terry and Cole

...and McGregor doesn't?

I am not saying he doesn't. I am trying to understand why you were saying that about Goram, Gascoigne and McCoist.

Goram was pumping anything that walked. Gazza was kicking fuck out his wife. The only thing McCoist didn't drink was the sea.

But it's ok, they were "irreplacable".

I fucking loved everyone of them before someone starts, but it's ok to have players who aren't "role models" when they are different class, but if they are slightly under that class you can't play them, I'm just pointing out hypocrisy.

Given time, McGregor could be up there with the legend that is Goram and if he's out riding everything that moves every weekend whilst kicking fuck out his wife and drinking like a fish whilst doing it, I don't give a flying fuck. The only role models that should matter to a wean is their family.

...and McGregor doesn't?

Goram was pumping anything that walked. Gazza was kicking fuck out his wife. The only thing McCoist didn't drink was the sea.

But it's ok, they were "irreplacable".

I fucking loved everyone of them before someone starts, but it's ok to have players who aren't "role models" when they are different class, but if they are slightly under that class you can't play them, I'm just pointing out hypocrisy.

Given time, McGregor could be up there with the legend that is Goram and if he's out riding everything that moves every weekend whilst kicking fuck out his wife and drinking like a fish whilst doing it, I don't give a flying fuck. The only role models that should matter to a wean is their family.

What you said though was they were hardly professional that's what I am getting at. When they trained like fuck and gave their all on the pitch. Obviously away from the footballing side they weren't the best behaved. But professionally I don't think they can be questioned.

I believed it was the OP who stated he only wanted "true pro's" playing for Rangers thus ruling McGregor out in his own words. So if the OP claims McGregor isn't a true pro, surely none of those three were either? Ofcourse, everyone of us knows on the pitch how good all FOUR of those players were/are.

The simple truth is with Mcgregor regarding this incident is he has been beyond stupid.

1) - What is he doing going to a celtic players party

2) - Was he naive enough to believe he would be safe in a place which would have them buzzing about the place?

Far too many of the OF players are too nice and naive of how big the rivalry actually is and its why we still get incidents like this. Right or wrong.

Rangers first.

Role models is way down the list.

The club has to be successful to survive.

We then have to put ourselves in a financially secure position.

We have to keep winning, while making money.

Then, we'll worry about the role model side of it.

Did Greegsy do something wrong outside Karbon?

Did he deserve to be attacked?

Was he just another guy out for a drink minding his own business?

Is he an easy target for some because he is an excellent goalie?

Until we know for sure the answers to these questions, its a bit unfair to label him in this way.

If we can keep him, we should.

What do you guys think?

Who gives a fuck what he does off the park as long as he performes on it