Anybody else think walter will play 1 up top on sunday

morry

Ive been thinking about this over the last few days and ive came to the conclussion i think smith is going to play miller upfront on his own and invite celtic onto us on sunday.

Reasons behind this are:

1. We dont NEED to win the game they do and a draw will further dent their title hopes

2. Smith has a greater tactical sense over mowbray and will invite his team onto us and hope to pick them off on the break where they have shown frailty.

3. And as has been showing in previous threads we have the 3rd best defence in europe and its going to take them something special to break us down or a dodgy referring decision so why risk our title lead.

So i think he will go 4-5-1 and pick them off on the break and nick a 1-0 which shall make Glasgow Rangers champions 2009/10.

Didn't work for us at home in the champions league and I would hate to see us give them the green light to attack at will which will, as usual, silence our crowd and more importantly play to their strengths.

With a defence as poor as they have we should be putting all the pressure on them; but I agree that he will probably play one upfront.

Didn't work for us at home in the champions league and I would hate to see us give them the green light to attack at will which will, as usual, silence our crowd and more importantly play to their strengths.

With a defence as poor as they have we should be putting all the pressure on them; but I agree that he will probably play one upfront.

cant argue wi that mate

Thats just my thinking you know he always springs a surprise on old firm day, a curve ball no-one is expecting.

I know he is famous for it his best examples were probably when Novo played in the 3-0 game in 2007 he scored twice he wasn't expected to start and Cousin in the 4-2 last season he destroyed their defence

Looking at it from a coach's perspective where a draw would be a good result I can see the logic if he plays 1 up front to tie up the midfield and stop the supply to Beano and Fortune or Samantharas, but the way that Mhanky defence of theirs plays then I would start with Boydy and Kenny and then shut up shop late in the game.I don't really care what formation Walter plays as long as we get the desired result because we can still score goals from midfield but I see no reason to play at home as if that scummy lot were a better team than ours.Go for the jugular Watty!

Why do people keep saying a draw would be a good result? :anguish:

This league is over if we beat them on Sunday, let's get it done ASAP.

Because a draw wouldnt be a bad result...

Walter has gone 2 up front in must win games against Celtic recently so I am pretty confident, that if fully fit, we will go with Miller and Boyd up front again...